Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

On 1/11/2023 at 9:48 AM, eXtremeOccident said:

Maybe this specific story, but it's not rightwing media driven disliking for Madonna and the hate feels incredibly wide spread as of late.

Outside of the fandom, it's extremely rare for me to encounter anyone who has a positive thing to say about Madonna, and almost 100% of the time, negative sentiment is rooted in her Instagram antics. This reputation isn't going to be an easy thing to overcome, and she needs the audience outside of the fandom to sell a successful tour. 

Look at the state of Madonna forums. There's a wide schism between the fans embracing Madonna of the 2020s and other fans who think this is a low point in her career. She's struggling to even keep the die hard fans on board.

Fully agree with @LoveSong -- The focus this year should be on image rehabilitation and great PR investment in reinstating her brand as the Queen of Pop. How that's done, I don't have the answers...but her status in the pop world is sorely bruised at the moment.

At the end of the day, Madonna is partially a brand. And her brand used to be rooted in quality, professionalism, athleticism, mystique, and top notch pop music. Madonna of today doesn't really seem to maintain the integrity of this brand, and it's understandable that a lot of interest is waning. The Madonna of the 2000s and early 2010s would have BROUGHT IT for a Greatest Hits Tour. Now? Eh....let's see.

This doesn't seem like the right time for her to tour, but she'll do what she wants to do. Just hope this is a resounding success and doesn't end in embarrassment and fiasco...she deserves so much more than that as a bookend to her career.

Very well stated.  One of the few times I’ve seen nuanced, valid criticism of her as opposed to repetitive comments about her butt. 

3 minutes ago, adirondak said:

Very well stated.  One of the few times I’ve seen nuanced, valid criticism of her as opposed to repetitive comments about her butt. 

Aw, thanks love :hug:  Just want to see her go out on a high note, given how hard she's worked throughout her career. She deserves it.

16 hours ago, sara94 said:

Regarding her reputation, I'm a Lamb (Mariah fan) and I could easily name several times when Mariah's Reputation was down as hell (NYE, Rockefeller, Glitter Era...and also when her IG was full of revealing Pics bc of her old manager.) The public was mocking her so badly but it has recovered now. 

Madonna's reputation isn't lost, she can and will come back strong with the right acts. 

:heart:

Yes she can but she is much older. She will have to hurry up a bit

I like the idea of a greatest hits tour à la ‘Re-Invention’; I think it’s a great idea. But just like she did ‘Re-Invention’, I’d still accompany the tour w/ a new album, whether an LP or an EP, and I’d include at least four songs from it. There could be 19+ more tracks (incl. interludes and medleys), so it’d still be a greatest hits show and advertised as such. I just like a “current” theme to still be present (I don’t see Mo as a dinosaur).

And yeah, we’ll probably get live performances of the recent reworked versions of ‘Frozen’, ‘Material Girl’, ‘Hung Up’, and maybe some unearthed stuff like ‘Back That Up to the Beat’. Should be a very entertaining spectacle. 

And maybe we’ll get to hear ‘I’ll Remember’ and ‘This Used to Be My Playground’ live for the first time. I’d expect some more album tracks such as ‘Pray for Spanish Eyes’, ‘Pretender’, ‘Something to Remember’, ‘Back In Business’, ‘I Know It’… With a lush live instrumentation, those would sound amazing! Also, ‘Angel’, ‘Rescue Me’, ‘Love Don't Live Here Anymore’, ‘Physical Attraction’... Some newer tracks like ‘Crave’, ‘Faz Gostoso’, ‘Inside Out’ and ‘Wash All Over Me’...

And I’d bring back Niki & Donna if possible.

I simply can't imagine her doing a tour without a recent studio album at the heart of it, not to mention a greatest hits tour in the sense people are hoping for. Personally, I'm prepared for this show to be based on Finally Enough Love and her legacy as a dance act. She seemed really into the process of compiling and editing mixes for that retrospective and I can see her, for better or for worse, approaching the tour from that angle. As in the show being a continuous dance set drawing on her favourite mixes which might actually get her to play a crowd-pleasing selection of songs but not in the way casual concert goers would like to hear them.

You can’t imagine it because she has never done it. However, economics are the driving factor here. Everything about Madonna’s output since 2021 has become legacy-focused. Whether it’s remixes and new versions of old tracks, revisiting her origins for an autobiographical film, signing a deal with WB/Rhino to reissue her discography and fully upload it digitally, or commemorating anniversaires and releasing a career-spanning remix compilation…

A greatest hits tour is the only way Madonna can make a ton of money and regain her legendary status as a performer. Her reputation has been in tatters from her overexposure as a modern and disposable celebrity on social media. Madonna and U2 have a lot in common as artists long reluctant to embrace their legacy status and instead focus on new material that the masses aren’t particularly interested in. We can perhaps look to them for hints of similar legacy management. U2 is also about to release a career retrospective “Songs of Surrender”, with new interpretations of 40 of their songs. They, like Madonna, have struggled to schedule a tour as a band due to injuries and other ailments. They are expected to do a residency in Vegas at the new MSG Sphere opening this summer. Madonna clearly has spent the last three years in recovery from her injuries and bionic upgrades (!), and she must feel she is now able to regain the stamina and strength required for a massive global tour. 

The Greatest Hits Celebration Tour is essential to Madonna remaining one of the few true global superstars. 

22 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

You can’t imagine it because she has never done it. However, economics are the driving factor here. Everything about Madonna’s output since 2021 has become legacy-focused. Whether it’s remixes and new versions of old tracks, revisiting her origins for an autobiographical film, signing a deal with WB/Rhino to reissue her discography and fully upload it digitally, or commemorating anniversaires and releasing a career-spanning remix compilation…

A greatest hits tour is the only way Madonna can make a ton of money and regain her legendary status as a performer. Her reputation has been in tatters from her overexposure as a modern and disposable celebrity on social media. Madonna and U2 have a lot in common as artists long reluctant to embrace their legacy status and instead focus on new material that the masses aren’t particularly interested in. We can perhaps look to them for hints of similar legacy management. U2 is also about to release a career retrospective “Songs of Surrender”, with new interpretations of 40 of their songs. They, like Madonna, have struggled to schedule a tour as a band due to injuries and other ailments. They are expected to do a residency in Vegas at the new MSG Sphere opening this summer. Madonna clearly has spent the last three years in recovery from her injuries and bionic upgrades (!), and she must feel she is now able to regain the stamina and strength required for a massive global tour. 

The Greatest Hits Celebration Tour is essential to Madonna remaining one of the few true global superstars. 

She also didn't make money off of Madame X Tour. Let's also come to the reality that a bitch needs to work.

3 hours ago, PlasticLimbo said:

Meanwhile, seems like people are talking about other art similarity... So I chased and surprisingly too a long time to find Ms pic to make the collage :

IMG_20230114_235721.jpg

And I love them both lol. People gave her tough time with her "question for the culture" and I think this recent album cover has something to do with that.