Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

5 hours ago, xavier said:

M was in the recording studio as well 🙏🤔

72E8FD38-DA76-44C7-A896-E66FC3EB272A.jpeg

Do we think this is for the tour or new music ? 

We're still waiting to the result of that Sickick original track and it's almost a guarantee that M's done something with Honey Dijon from the social media posts. 

I still reckon we will get some form of new music this year whether it's a remix or a brand new song. 

1 hour ago, roberMDNA said:

i don't know if this is the right place.. but i saw this... i don't know anything about that profile so don't yell at me 

https://twitter.com/leaksnation_/status/1617613972567621632?t=m3UYpiBoch0BXbLd_2Ai5g&s=19

Tbh I would expect new music before the tour, just to create even more buzz around it. We know she worked with Sickick and DJ Honey Moon on some songs last year after all. Looking forward to that dance song she teased 👀 

1 hour ago, roberMDNA said:

i don't know if this is the right place.. but i saw this... i don't know anything about that profile so don't yell at me 

https://twitter.com/leaksnation_/status/1617613972567621632?t=m3UYpiBoch0BXbLd_2Ai5g&s=19

Well, she was in the studio recording new and original music with Sickick.  Sickick even hinted at being in the studio with her last fall and mentioned he plans not to "disappoint" the fans. If I recall, he commented that it was new music, not a remix of an old song. 

As for Honey Dijon, that moment was earlier in the year when she was listening to FEL being mastered.  If I recall, many fans thought Honey Dijon was going to help produce and master FEL, which never happened.  I personally think Dijon just was stopping by to give a stamp of an approval for FEL.

3 hours ago, roberMDNA said:

Honestly I doubt it is true.

But if that is true I can feel that we gonna have the celebration sicksick remix album.

You know very boring sicksick very sicksick remix album.

nope, on Honey Dijon official website there's an interview promoting her new album and she specifically says they worked on new material together.

IMO we're gonna have a new greatest hits with 2 or 3 new songs. I can't see her promoting the Celebration compilation from 2009. My wish would be a greatest hits album with the original single versions. Or maybe they'll repackage previous compilations into a boxset. I don't see a whole new album. But either a new album or a compilation would push back remastered albums :/ 

And Madonna is not one to sit on an album for a whole year.

(By the way do you remember while promoting his EP The Painter, Orbit said he worked on a Madonna track ? Turns out it's Be Careful as a solo version, he revealed it in another interview but decided to drop it from the EP)

Anyway, something's coming over, our baby's got a secret...

29 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I don't know - it would be strange to do a new album - but then tour a greatest hits right - unless she's not going to do any of the new album live or maybe just a few tracks and recoup the costs of producing, promoting etc via the tour.

I am not sure I believe she recorded enough for a full album.  Maybe an EP of songs, and the scenario could follow a bit how Vogue and I'm Breathless was released, a month or so before the Blond Ambition Tour began.  Giving her a few new songs to perform as well.  IB was a full album, and she only performed four songs from that on BA.  With an EP, maybe 6 to 7 songs the most, and she could perform one or two from it? Still, the tour manage to include a lot of the classics at the the time.

22 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

nope, on Honey Dijon official website there's an interview promoting her new album and she specifically says they worked on new material together.

IMO we're gonna have a new greatest hits with 2 or 3 new songs. I can't see her promoting the Celebration compilation from 2009. My wish would be a greatest hits album with the original single versions. Or maybe they repackage previous compilations into a boxset. I don't see a whole new album. But either a new album or a compilation would push back remastered albums :/

The tour is called "Celebration" and that compilation pretty much includes most her biggest hits.  More than enough that can fill a set list of a Greatest Hits Tour.  So in a way, the tour will be promoting that compilation.  I really don't believe she's going to release a new compilation, especially since she just released FEL.  Still, I can see maybe a re-issue of Celebration could be in the works.  (I highly doubt it, but it does makes sense).  If that is the case, that would be part of the deal with the re-issues.  And let's not forget FEL is all part of the re-issue/remastered campaign as well. So nothing has been pushed back.

Adding, I really do not believe they aren't going to pass up the opportunity to re-issue the First album, later this year.  It's her first album and it falls right in line with the whole celebratory vibe of the 40th Anniversary.  Other than that, I am inclined to think that maybe she has some new music coming as well that at least will fill an EP. 

While trying to find that interview in which Orbit says he worked on Be Careful as a solo version for his EP, i found another one i think is pretty cheeky....So among al the atrocities Weinstein did, apparently we can blame MDNA on him as well according to Orbit in The Telegraph :

"Madonna flew Orbit out to her studio in New York while she worked on W.E., the album’s complementary film, which came executively produced by Harvey Weinstein. “He had a terrible energy; dark and oppressive and adversarial,” Orbit says. “Madonna can hold her own with anybody, but she was on foreign turf. she’d come in every day after a screening with him and I think it informed her mood during the album making, I think it affected it. It was quite stressful.” No singles ever emerged from the album; Orbit’s work was treated as an afterthought. “I have mixed feelings about that record,” he says. Meanwhile, his work with Blur never saw the light of day."

Ok, i found the right interview and it comes with a bonus reveal at the end, it's from Musicradar last june :

Did you ask Madonna to appear?

"No, both of us are doing our thing. She's firmly attached to a project which is going well and I'm firmly attached to this, so we didn't, but I wouldn't rule it out in the future.

“I did unearth a track called Cuidado Con Mi Corazon, a track she and I did for Ricky Martin. I'd done a reworking of it just with some of her Spanish vocals. We did think about putting that on the record, but with albums it is often what you leave off, you know? I did discover a lot of unreleased material I did with her and maybe it will see the light of day one day."