Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

11 minutes ago, solveforthis1 said:

i mean youre right but this thread is also about discussing social media

Yep, but it's a battle you can't win. You cannot reason with someone who is driven by blind hatred. She can only lawyer up. The more you interract with these morons the more they get what they crave : attention. I moderated a media for years and believe me, there's not much you can do except if they break the law like doxxing her or her children (revealing adresses, phone numbers...). You're gonna waste a lot of time for nothing. The only thing you can do if you want to keep "defending" her is to not adress any of them directly but comment what you've been told here = the source being an anti LGBT+ christian american org spreading this because of Madonna's historical connections to the LGBT+ community. AND NEVER adress them directly even if they @ you and keep your profile private because you'll be raided. Don't exclude the possibility of these being bought bots from bot farms in Russia because Madonna atatcked Putin numerous times through the years. When there are so many comments, it reeks of bot farms, the profiles look real AF but they are not.

13 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

The only thing you can do if you want to keep "defending" her is to not adress any of them directly but comment what you've been told here = the source being an anti LGBT+ christian american org spreading this because of Madonna's historical connections to the LGBT+ community. 

There are thousands, possibly millions, of people being mislead by headlines who dont know that the sources are homophobic. Many of them are not christians or conservatives but just fell for misinformation. So theyre not really "blind with hatred",  just mislead. and that could be a fight to win. And the part if quoted you about is essentially what i came here to say/discuss. didn't expect to catch so much hate for it 

5 minutes ago, solveforthis1 said:

There are thousands, possibly millions, of people being mislead by headlines who dont know that the sources are homophobic. Many of them are not christians or conservatives but just fell for misinformation. So theyre not really "blind with hatred",  just mislead. and that could be a fight to win. And the part if quoted you about is essentially what i came here to say/discuss. didn't expect to catch so much hate for it 

They hate Madonna, any excuse is good to take her down. You cannot reason with people who WANT to believe this, that's what i meant. You can only share what you know about the source. I don't hate you, in fact i'm telling you this to help you from wastin your time and energy, especially since bot farms are involved. IRL nobody knows about this and no one cares. I'm just advising you as someone you had to endure that professionaly. But i can't help you play Don Quixote if you want to but you will not convince anyone because they don't care if it's true or not, it's just an excuse. 

20 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

Technically this forum is social media -- but I get it. I've been 2 years of continuous sobriety from all things social media (Facebook Instagram etc).

I don't even read the comments.  I agree to just ignore it.  She's always gonna get hate.  And while I'm sure there is an abundance of hate left in her comments, we should keep in mind there are a lot of good comments being posted as well.  But of course, negativity gets the attention.  It's the way of our society.  :sad:

8 hours ago, Sillynate said:

Give It 2 Me + Give It To Me on the modern remixes album ???? (remixed & revisted 2.0)

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRs5pAbQ/ 

Nelly Furtado posted this tiktok stitching a video of Midge in the studio followed by Nelly herself in the studio

Ok now i believe a remix album is on the way. Too many remixes of her hits are being made officially as we speak.

9 hours ago, Sillynate said:

Give It 2 Me + Give It To Me on the modern remixes album ???? (remixed & revisted 2.0)

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRs5pAbQ/ 

Nelly Furtado posted this tiktok stitching a video of Midge in the studio followed by Nelly herself in the studio

The only collabo / remix i'd be here for! Nelly is a true stan, always was. Her Loose Album is iconic btw

22 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

They hate Madonna, any excuse is good to take her down. You cannot reason with people who WANT to believe this, that's what i meant. You can only share what you know about the source. I don't hate you, in fact i'm telling you this to help you from wastin your time and energy, especially since bot farms are involved. IRL nobody knows about this and no one cares. I'm just advising you as someone you had to endure that professionaly. But i can't help you play Don Quixote if you want to but you will not convince anyone because they don't care if it's true or not, it's just an excuse. 

there's some people who respond in shock, and those are probably more open to learn that it's fake; I think it's good to inform those who don't seem like trolls.

9 minutes ago, lalalagirl said:

there's some people who respond in shock, and those are probably more open to learn that it's fake; I think it's good to inform those who don't seem like trolls.

That's why i said you can only share what you know about the homophobic source of the whole thing. You can and must. Be factual and don't engage. That's what i learnt in moderation.

From another forum:

"I think where the Youtuber is concerned, although I think she should sue I don’t think he is a massive danger. But the woman who wrote the Twitter thread is part of an armed militia who patrol the boarder in Texas & concerns have been raised with the DOJ about them. They’re dangerous.

That's scary. She should be warned about this.

5 hours ago, lalalagirl said:

that's exaclty what im sayin. A huge amount of those people saw a headline and took it for fact. but honestly it seems a bit futile given the speed at which conspiracy/misinfornation spreads