Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

My point was that Madonna’s face has nothing to do

with the “Patriarchy”. 
I just illustrated that it’s beginning to be a bit much and im allowed to think that.

If my other points are failing to comme across

on a Madonna fan board , then thats something i shouldve saved for a live conversation.

But I stand by what i said.

Her right to do it. Whatever the reasons.

My right to feel like im having trouble relating to her because of it.

I felt the same about Michael Jackson.

Where does your Patriarchy and male privilege sit on that?

9 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

You dont know anything about me.

That's why in my original answer to your post i told you to re-read yourself because i think you don't realize what you said and i was quite courteous and friendly saying it because i'm  giving you the benefit of doubt, i know how we can write stupid things we don't mean on the internet on the spur of the moment. It's not about winning an argument online, it's trying to help you see that sometimes what souds great in our minds is totally outrageous put in words. I've read other comments from you on this board since i've been here and i don't believe you are this person who justifies sexual harassment. It may not be what you meant but it is what you wrote and i'm not the only who got that. 

I dont rehash the common rhetoric that comes out of everyone’s mouth and I can assure you that, if explained in person, my message would come off differently.

But make no mistake: ive given  it alot of thought and I stand by it.

Im not an authority on anything. But about this, I know how I feel.

And when im insulted or I get Woke stuff thrown at me like it’s being quoted from a Bible, it doesnt push the conversation forward.

13 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

I dont rehash the common rhetoric that comes out of everyone’s mouth and I can assure you that, if explained in person, my message would come off differently.

But make no mistake: ive given  it alot of thought and I stand by it.

Im not an authority on anything. But about this, I know how I feel.

And when im insulted or I get Woke stuff thrown at me like it’s being quoted from a Bible, it doesnt push the conversation forward.

Ok. You're that person in your comment. Don't need to know more. I did not insult you, i said you presented yourself as a bad person, i call what i see and i gave you many chances to clarify your view about justifying women being sexually harassed at the gym because of the way they dress. You stand by it. You're a bad person. Deal with it, to quote you, you're responsible for the way you presented yourself.

14 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

My point was that Madonna’s face has nothing to do

with the “Patriarchy”. 
I just illustrated that it’s beginning to be a bit much and im allowed to think that.

If my other points are failing to comme across

on a Madonna fan board , then thats something i shouldve saved for a live conversation.

But I stand by what i said.

Her right to do it. Whatever the reasons.

My right to feel like im having trouble relating to her because of it.

I felt the same about Michael Jackson.

Where does your Patriarchy and male privilege sit on that?

Walk me through how Madonna being attacked for looking "old" or having had "surgery" isn't connected, in some way, to the patriarchy. Site me any public male figures that are aging that are facing this. You can't. We don't do that. It's why it's perfectly acceptable to discuss the breasts size of a woman but never the penis of a male. Everything in our cultural atmosphere is still somewhat in service to the ego of men. Because men  - mostly - still hold the power. It's easy to lose sight of this in a culture that has tricked us into believing that being angry and vocal about everything is some sort of rebellious act. It isn't. It's barely the seed that gets the ball rolling. We believe that because we talk about these things - they aren't still happening. They are. It's why you think there is a correlation between how a woman dresses at the gym and the attention she receives because of it. That's a tough mind frame brother. I hope you look inside and stare that ugliness in the face. 

Now I will give you this - The Patriarchy isn't the only reason Madonna is facing this. One could argue that this is her last big cultural battle in an illustrious career of battling cultural prejudices. But it's also  US. It's all of us. As a culture, we are both against bullying and take part in bullying. We have a juvenile belief that celebrities have signed up for our constant judgment and commentary. It's almost as if we believe we are owed something for our adoration. We aren't. 

You are allowed to think whatever you like, sure, in theory but then we have to live as a society right? And for all of us to exist, we talk and make concessions for each other. We are deciding people should be able to dress, act, identify and feel how they wish as long as they don't hurt anyone else.  You have the right to voice opinions about that but free speech doesn't come without consequences. Madonna aging how she wishes is not to upset you or cause you to not identify with her , it's because this is how she wishes to be. The rub here is THAT is the very same spirit you always identified with.  And in many ways, The Patriarchy and celebrity/social media culture feeds this dissonance to keep us from changing what we have always known. 

Part of being in a society is being disagreed with when you craft a Donal Trump like diatribe like the one you posted.

1 hour ago, teammadonna said:

It is a well-known fact that the media has hated Madonna. But lately, their hatred has gone too far. look at these pictures. these are Madonna's own Instagram photos. 

team madonna 01.pngteam madonna 02.png

Her figure is still as beautiful as the goddess of ageless beauty. She looks like she's in her twenties and looks like an immortal goddess. I can totally see Goddess of Dita is back!!

And then look at these disgusting photos posted by Madonna-hating media. They photoshopped the wrinkles on Madonna's beautiful face and twisted and stretched her face to make her look aged and ugly.

just jared is madonna haters 02.pngjust jared is madonna haters 01.png

Enough is enough. The media's hatred of women must stop!!!!!!

You do realize those pictures on her social media are photoshopped and edited to hell and back right? I agree that the constant stream of hatred over the way she looks now is cruel and the media exploits this but please don't take any of us for fools and try to say that Madonna's Instagram is how she looks in person.

This forum sometimes....  So patriarchy is now not real.... Madonna is crucified for every single choice that she has ever made, even trying to adopt orphans without a father ilon the application.  The industry has never lauded her accomplishments.  She was consistently ignored for her greatest contributions to her industry.  Her every move has been placed under a microscope and in a distinct manner differing from her male contemporaries.  Madonna and other women cannot win because people are so fake that they are afraid that someone is gonna notice.  These succubi want that hot ass spotlight on somebody else, anybody else because they fear both what they deserve and what they don't.  

7 minutes ago, Edward I Longshanks said:

You do realize those pictures on her social media are photoshopped and edited to hell and back right? I agree that the constant stream of hatred over the way she looks now is cruel and the media exploits this but please don't take any of us for fools and try to say that Madonna's Instagram is how she looks in person.

Look at her Vudu profile pic and tell me that she is being represented well as an icon.  Madonna.and or her team did not choose that photo.

Screenshot_20230207_184814_Vudu.jpg

15 minutes ago, twosoulsinaghosttown said:

Walk me through how Madonna being attacked for looking "old" or having had "surgery" isn't connected, in some way, to the patriarchy. Site me any public male figures that are aging that are facing this. You can't. We don't do that. It's why it's perfectly acceptable to discuss the breasts size of a woman but never the penis of a male.

With all due respect, this part of your post reeks of blissful ignorance. Simon Cowell went crazy on botox and remember how much attention and hate he got for it, guess what! HE WAS  A WHITE MALE! Even more laughable that you claim its not acceptable to discuss the size of a penis, seriously what universe do you live in? its sexualized and discussed with a frequency that makes me want to throw up. You don't need to lie and make yourself blind to facts in order to make a point. Ughhh my head hurts sometimes after scrolling through these threads.

19 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

I do not justify women being harrassed at the gym based on how they are dressed.

Quite the contrary. What moron would justify harassment??

And i Never said harrassed. I said “feeling sexualized”.

You did. That's why i told you over and over to re-read yourself. Instead you kept on doubling down. 

"It's like those women at the gym who complain they are sexualized but work out in their goddamn underwear. Take. Some. Responsibility." 

So explain what you meant by being sexualized. Because here you are talking about women who say they are being sexualized, meaning seen as sexual beings = male gaze,  it's considered sexual harassment. They are not at the gym to be checked by men but to work out. I don't know what kind of gym you go to that allows women or men to work out in their underwears, totally forbidden for hygiene reasons. What do you call underwears ? Don't you wear shorts at the gym ? When you say take some responsability that's when you crossed the line and used rape culture lingo by making the victims responsible of what happened to them. I don't even understand why you brought that into the conversation. 

I don't know why i even bother.... 

12 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

This forum sometimes....  So patriarchy is now not real.... Madonna is crucified for every single choice that she has ever made, even trying to adopt orphans without a father ilon the application.  The industry has never lauded her accomplishments.  She was consistently ignored for her greatest contributions to her industry.  Her every move has been placed under a microscope and in a distinct manner differing from her male contemporaries.  Madonna and other women cannot win because people are so fake that they are afraid that someone is gonna notice.  These succubi want that hot ass spotlight on somebody else, anybody else because they fear both what they deserve and what they don't.  

They don't attack women with no public point of view though. They get a pass. As long as women stay in their lane, it's ok.

10 minutes ago, rgdlee said:

IMO, the battle Madonna is currently fighting is societal phobia about plastic surgery, which is regardless of age or gender. 

If she wanted to fight a battle about the phobia concerning plastic surgery deforming your own face is not exactly a brilliant battle plan to remove the stigma. I try not to comment about this stuff usually because I don't like the criticism she receives but its the sad truth, I just wish people would move on and stop talking about it.

46 minutes ago, rgdlee said:

IMO, the battle Madonna is currently fighting is societal phobia about plastic surgery, which is regardless of age or gender. 

Actually people talked shit about her when she was Olympic ripped and naturally sculpted too.  Madonna has been criticized for every single physical incarnation, maybe outside of "dumb blonde".  Any time, she has challenged the status quo, they always go after her age, looks and sex.  

4 hours ago, sara94 said:

Screenshot_20230208-003958_Chrome.jpg

I  certainly don’t mean to drive more satanism rumors but if anyone else here is into the occult, Madonna has always given me Lilith vibes. The mythology of Lilith is that she was Adam’s first wife. But because she refused to submit to the Adam, the man, she was punished by being thrown out of the Garden of Eden. She was then cast off as a demon and written as such through history. Often referred as Satans wife, she’s become a symbol of the dark feminine…and I fuck with that hard. Always have. Even as a young boy. I was always drawn to the ‘bad girls’ in my class. I wanted to be like them. Fierce, feminine, and standing in their power. I fucking love this woman so much. 

1 hour ago, twosoulsinaghosttown said:

Walk me through how Madonna being attacked for looking "old" or having had "surgery" isn't connected, in some way, to the patriarchy. Site me any public male figures that are aging that are facing this. You can't. We don't do that. It's why it's perfectly acceptable to discuss the breasts size of a woman but never the penis of a male.

I know several male celebs who have been dragged for getting bad or extreme plastic surgery such as Simon Cowell, Zac Efron, Mickey Rourke, Wayne Newton, Kenny Rogers, Michael Jackson (RIP), Mark McGrath, Tom Cruise when his face was super puffy at an award show, John Travolta, Barry Manilow, Joe Biden, Carrot Top, Ray Liotta, etc.

Saying Madonna is being attacked because she's a woman is false. Male celebs get dragged too, she just happens to be on a different success / popularity scale.

Lastly, to your other statement, penis size is joked about a lot for men. Same with going bald or being short. Men get mocked appearance wise for lots of things. Look how many women go on social media and say they don't date guys if his height starts with a 5 or all of the pop / rap songs from female singers that mock dick size.

But back to the point, if Madonna showed up to an award show looking stunning and turning heads, in a good way, I guarantee all of the headlines would be applauding her for being ageless. It's when she turns up at these appearances and looks unnatural that it causes a stir.

If one day Madonna showed up at an award show with size M breast implants and cheek filler twice the size of her normal cheekbones, do you think the public would not be justified in publicizing this? Or should they merely applaud her for being a woman and for doing things?

1 hour ago, Pootz333 said:

Cher went through this period for a while too where every single story was front loaded with the plastic surgery storyline. People seemed to stop giving a shit after a while though. I wish she would do a podcast. 

People stopped giving a shit because Cher ultimately capitulated and joked about it herself. Madonna won’t do that.  The world constantly tries to force her submission and she refuses to do it.