Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

1 hour ago, Pootz333 said:

Cher went through this period for a while too where every single story was front loaded with the plastic surgery storyline. People seemed to stop giving a shit after a while though. I wish she would do a podcast. 

The difference is Cher chose to acknowledge her plastic surgery and openly talk about it contrary to Madonna’s vague attitude towards such topics. That said, Madonna has her every right to refuse to comment on her personal (not looking good) choices.

2 minutes ago, blondebenji said:

I'm so glad she s come out and fought back.  I'm fed with it. Sheesh she must be.

Any of the people who write terrible comments about her on the internet should be ashamed.

But they wont.  They will just move on to the next days target.

Very sad.

They’re miserable losers.

2 hours ago, rgdlee said:

IMO, the battle Madonna is currently fighting is societal phobia about plastic surgery, which is regardless of age or gender. 

Sorry not true.  there are 30 yr olds all over social media with lips bigger than Australia and butts to match..  Just look at every reality program.  And no one says a thing. It most certainly is about age.  So much more acceptable for a 30 something to have work done.  than a 60 something.  Its seen as desperate and trying to hold onto to youth.

9 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Playing the role of victim, she did this to herself… it’s not about her getting older… it’s about how bad she did to her face seeking youth…. Totally nonsense. If she’s happy with her current appearance why she photoshop her pics??? What’s the point of doing all these plastic surgeries yet you can’t post a damn pic without filtering the hell out of it??!?! Confusing. Her speech wasn’t special or groundbreaking. Same old story. 

Also why we still boxing individuals into categories??? I didn’t know Kim was a man until now… let’s just talk about her talent (she got 0 talent tho). Their talent/art without the need of categorizing people. 

I've just boxed you into one.

47 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Ok.. look. The point is… Madonna has chosen how she wishes to present herself. If you do not like it, don’t comment. It isn’t welcome. If you don’t like a “look” outfit, hairstyle, bleached eyebrows,  Sure, ok, say it and move on. But do not come to Infinity to discuss someone’s face… or body for that matter. Making negative comments about ANYONE’S appearance whether god given (I don’t believe in god) or chosen isn’t welcome. Some people aren’t born beautiful (me included), some are not born able bodied, some are not born healthy. Some people change how they want to look to line up with how they feel. Some people have things beyond their control that they have to deal with. By your constant insistence that she conform to beauty standards that she OBVIOUSLY doesn’t want to conform to or CANT conform to you are implying that your respect for her is conditional. She must look a certain way to have your respect. So what about all the other people you meet in your lifetime that don’t live up to these standards? Do you live up to these standards yourself? If you don’t it will probably eat you alive from the inside these IDEAS you have at some point. 

I can tell you from a personal perspective, I have had things beyond my control happen to me in the past 5-7 years that have aged me like milk squirted out of an asshole on a hot summer day and thank god I’m not famous and don’t have to ANSWER to entitled little twats who have some idea in their head of what I SHOULD BE or how I SHOULD look. Believe me, I already have that idea for myself. So when someone ages or their appearance changes and they already have a negative feeling about themselves, why would it be necessary for you to add your insignificant opinion to further bring someone down? Is this the kind of treatment you give to your aging mother? Do you just spit in her face because she isn’t Naomi Campbell? I don’t think Sam Smith is very attractive, but I don’t feel a need to go into his instagram comments and say nasty things about him. 

and thank god she is a strong woman, because I can imagine if she wasn’t … the comments would completely ruin her. And maybe they do, she just doesn’t show it to us/anyone. 

Body nazis everywhere. How dare people not conform to what they believe is right and most of all don't ask their permission first because they apparently believe they have authority over everyone's bodies ! They act so entitled they don't even understand they have a pathological control issue. It irks them so much  they even justify sexual harassment for example like it happened a few posts back and they still don't see the problem is them. They can't fathom the world and people are not in their image. God complex i guess.

I relate to what you say. 11 years ago i battled a disease and had to go to the hospital 3 times a week to get cortisone injections plus steroids and antibiotics. I bloated, i was tired. I could not go to the gym anymore. In fact one day i ended up crying there because i just did not have the strengh anymore and i felt like my body was not mine anymore, like i had no control over it. My will had come to its limits and so was my body which is a very disturbing experience. After two months into the treatment i just could not leave bed for a whole day when i got back from the hospital. One day i was in the subway going home from the hospital and i heard this group of teenage gays talking about me, saying loudly "look at this one ! He's bloated !". I did not mind them but after hearing that i realized we were the only ones in that car so it was about me. It cut so deep i felt like i had no skin anymore, totally exposed to the world and so fragile i thought i could break every step i'd make. 

13 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

My point was that Madonna’s face has nothing to do

with the “Patriarchy”. 
I just illustrated that it’s beginning to be a bit much and im allowed to think that.

If my other points are failing to comme across

on a Madonna fan board , then thats something i shouldve saved for a live conversation.

But I stand by what i said.

Her right to do it. Whatever the reasons.

My right to feel like im having trouble relating to her because of it.

I felt the same about Michael Jackson.

Where does your Patriarchy and male privilege sit on that?

Patriarchy is a system/ structure on society where privileges and elements of power fell into the man, the male.

The male delegates , argues and places his opinions and preferences over those of the female.

In a patriarchal society the women have to appeal to the men with  beauty, self care, servitude and submission. That's her responsibility.

While the man holds his power based on wealth the women need to be beautiful, available , compliant.

When Madonna complains about the patriarchy means about how her beauty, her sex appeal and her presentation has to be always scrutinized and judged based on these references.  She can't be wealthy, independent, smart. She can't choose who to sleep with or how to look after herself. She's trapped on a society that push the beauty card on her but she gets criticized for doing as she pleases.

And as you clear gave an example in your own charade, men still have their own opinions about women looks and think they have the right to tell them how they suppose to look or to be. They have to be responsible.

For what?  To please men with the same mentality like yours?

What embarrassment. 

You have guys like Mick Jager having a baby at 73 and everyone cheering about his manhood but then discussing how Madonna can't age gracefully .

Check yourself, as @Roland Barthes suggested. Go for a walk and re read what you wrote again. And go for another walk.

She's truly a legend. I bet in 20-30-40 years Beyoncé, Miley, etc. won't have to deal with the same amount of S**T about her age and looks she is dealing with on every single appearance now.

LET PEOPLE LIVE.

Live your own life. That's the message she's always sent. Do something good with your life.

You. Don't. Own. Her.

6 hours ago, Edward I Longshanks said:

You do realize those pictures on her social media are photoshopped and edited to hell and back right? I agree that the constant stream of hatred over the way she looks now is cruel and the media exploits this but please don't take any of us for fools and try to say that Madonna's Instagram is how she looks in person.

You are a personal friend of Madonna, so have you recently met Madonna personally? I don't think so. So how dare you say that the photos Madonna posted directly on her Instagram are photoshopped? Don't be fooled by the misogynistic media. it's toxic.

Edited by teammadonna (see edit history)

3 hours ago, blondebenji said:

Sorry not true.  there are 30 yr olds all over social media with lips bigger than Australia and butts to match..  Just look at every reality program.  And no one says a thing. It most certainly is about age.  So much more acceptable for a 30 something to have work done.  than a 60 something.  It’s seen as desperate and trying to hold onto to youth.

Nope, it’s not about age it’s about who you are! Those you mentioned are just influencers… you can’t compare them to Madonna. 

37 minutes ago, teammadonna said:

You are a personal friend of Madonna, so have you recently met Madonna personally? I don't think so. So how dare you say that the photos Madonna posted directly on her Instagram are photoshopped? Don't be fooled by the misogynistic media. it's toxic.

You are right, we all know its not possible to tell that a persons posts are photoshopped unless we know them personally and examine them with a magnifying glass in careful detail. I submit to the brilliance of your logic, look out everyone, I think we have the next Einstein among us in this forum. Thank you for blessing me with your overflowing fountain of knowledge.

I'm literally exhausted defending Madonna on social medias since yesterday ! I know it's useless and i cannot educate people on how it's not okay to judge anyone physical apperance but i just can't help commenting. I seriously consider learning to stop commenting, it's a pure waste of time and energy. My friends on facebook must think i'm crazy and that i defend Madonna as if she's my mother or my wife lol !

3 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

I'm literally exhausted defending Madonna on social medias since yesterday ! I know it's useless and i cannot educate people on how it's not okay to judge anyone physical apperance but i just can't help commenting. I seriously consider learning to stop commenting, it's a pure waste of time and energy. My friends on facebook must think i'm crazy and that i defend Madonna as if she's my mother or my wife lol !

Its depressing asf. We had such a great time after the tours announcement and now its fucking ruined. Every page i go to I see negative stuff about her