Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

4 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

It's fascinating to me that the media and many of her own fans chalk the Mrs. Ritchie years up to "cosplay" or "an act". If you said that at the time or about any other era of hers, you'd get your ass handed to you. But it's just kind of generally accepted. 

I always looked at it as her genuinely trying to start over.

I can see to some extent thinking she was trying to "start over". In fact, I would think that really began with the birth of her daughter.  We were getting a more softer and kinder Madonna.  She was much more spiritual in a sense and saw that even she may have taken things a bit too far, prior to ROL.  I believe all along, she has been looking for respect and approval, and when she finally got married with Guy, she sorta earned a bit of that "Queen" aurora, where people were lapping her up, especially in England.  But all along, her rebelliousness kept  trying to come back out.  I really do think that much of her persona during the early Ritcie years were more of an act than not.  I mean; c'mon... Madonna putting out Children books?  As fans, we all look back and see the absurdity of it all.  She was definitely trying to be someone she wasn't back then.  This is why she reverted back to the older Madonna that most of us fell in love with in the first place.  The woman who was sexually charged and wasn't afraid to speak out against things.  I'm not saying she was completely a Nun here, but she was far more reserved with Ritchie.  For everyone, it was a nice change, but again,  it just didn't seem that genuine to me.  The woman we see today; is is who Madonna really is.  She can't be tamed and I think even she was looking to be somewhat tamed while married, but knew that wasn't who she is.

I think it’s really bizarre that anyone thinks that Madonna lacks self-awareness. She knows exactly what she wants, and how she looks is the result of that. Of course there are limits to what a person can do to stop the advancement of time, but anyone who is aging understands that it can be difficult to reconcile what is reflected back to us in the mirror with the way we feel inside. Staying fit and strong is a good approach, but when you are the most self image-driven artist of all time, the dilemma that presents itself is probably something only she can understand or experience. Therefore, her choices won’t necessarily make sense to everyone else! It’s okay for people to not like her choices, but to question her own mental faculties is absurd. Look at her defense! It’s completely obvious from her words that she is more than aware of how others perceive her, and she is not changing anything to suit others’ standards. I think the NY Times article stinks. 

45 minutes ago, SecretProject said:

That would be…

*checks notes

…almost everyone 😂 

Considering the current state of affairs in the US, with the alt right proud boys dickbags ramping up their ‘Gays are Groomers’ rhetoric and Madonna being a beacon and fighter LGBT rights, she’s an easy target. But that’s entering conspiracy territory. We don’t know. She’s always taken shit from the press. 

The thing is; this is mostly 'online' behavior.  I live in a pretty conservative environment and I don't know anyone who really think "Gays are Groomers" and the other "right proud boys" rhetoric being spread on the internet.  So either people are suppressing how they truly feel until they hit the internet, or these people are just nasty trolls who love to stir shit on the internet. 

It's scary to think in 2023 that we have people sharing thoughts that seem to come right out of 1950's.  I'm guessing that we are part of a society where it's probably really a minority that think this way, but once it hits social media, it's magnified by a 1000, simply because it's easier to hide behind a computer and say such atrocious things.  Let's face it, we live in a society where negativity and bullshit gets a lot of attention.  People are easily duped and get their info from Twitter, believing what is shared there is fact.  It's frightening. And now for only $8, anyone can get "verified" as a valid source for some poor schmuck who relies on Twitter as their news source.  :lol:  Unfortunately, we have once reputable new sites like NYT's, feeding into the same nonsense and bullying that goes on online.

Everyone or whoever has plans to talk about how much "dirty crap" she put into her face let's stop,you see what happens with the last thread who focused on this theme.It was blocked by the administrator.Lets agree that we all have different opinions and we all will never come to a final conclusion:Madonna003:

Give your opinions of her music without talking about her face we already know Facebook can't stop

This is not my battle but also consider she lost her own mother at a young age so she does not have that specific frame of reference many have regarding women growing and maturing. And again, if she “looked normal” they would just think of different ways to insult her. It’s what they do, the internet has made her into a literal occupation for many.

13 hours ago, Edward I Longshanks said:

You are right, we all know its not possible to tell that a persons posts are photoshopped unless we know them personally and examine them with a magnifying glass in careful detail. I submit to the brilliance of your logic, look out everyone, I think we have the next Einstein among us in this forum. Thank you for blessing me with your overflowing fountain of knowledge.

Madonna haters are always the same. They don't give proper logical answers and always give sarcastic answers.  If you are confident with your logic then your answer will be simple. Are you friend of Madonna so you can see her personally so you know how really look Madonna is? But you know yourself. You are not. So You are not answering my question and You are only making sarcastic remarks because you know that your answer will hinder your attack on Madonna.

Don't believe the misogynistic media. They are vicious and do not hesitate to use mean tactics to attack and demean women.

Please!

2 minutes ago, DickTracy said:

This is not my battle but also consider she lost her own mother at a young age so she does not have that specific frame of reference many have regarding women growing and maturing. And again, if she “looked normal” they would just think of different ways to insult her. It’s what they do, the internet has made her into a literal occupation for many.

Thank you for saying it.As someone who used to partake in saying she used a lot of plastic and her face didn't look good,i will try my best to stop as hence the whole world has thrown their trash on Madonna,only one person

15 minutes ago, tscott said:

The thing is; this is mostly 'online' behavior.  I live in a pretty conservative environment and I don't know anyone who really think "Gays are Groomers" and the other "right proud boys" rhetoric being spread on the internet.  So either people are suppressing how they truly feel until they hit the internet, or these people are just nasty trolls who love to stir shit on the internet. 

It's scary to think in 2023 that we have people sharing thoughts that seem to come right out of 1950's.  I'm guessing that we are part of a society where it's probably really a minority that think this way, but once it hits social media, it's magnified by a 1000, simply because it's easier to hide behind a computer and say such atrocious things.  Let's face it, we live in a society where negativity and bullshit gets a lot of attention.  People are easily duped and get their info from Twitter, believing what is shared there is fact.  It's frightening. And now for only $8, anyone can get "verified" as a valid source for some poor schmuck who relies on Twitter as their news source.  :lol:  Unfortunately, we have once reputable new sites like NYT's, feeding into the same nonsense and bullying that goes on online.

The fact that people are paying 8 dollars to talk crap about Madonna and make it seem like they should always be heard due to their tag..

7 hours ago, steady75 said:

Hen did you just use Madonnas instagram as an example of the reality of how she really looks?

You really jumped the shark there love.

I'm all up for debate and opinions and analyzing why she has this affect on people but child

This post truth world is wild

This one is screen capture from video at same day. Can you see Hen? Madonna with cardi b. screen capture from Video!  Madonna's face is beautiful as Goddess and She looks like same age with cardi B!

madonna and cardi b.png

And this one is taken with a long lens camera by misogyny media.

just jared is madonna haters 01.png

Don't be fooled by the misogynistic media. they are toxic.

media.jpg

Edited by teammadonna (see edit history)

I’m also not sure what this concept of her unveiling a new face is based upon. She’s looked the way she currently does for the last two years. There’s no radical change detected in my eyes. 

People who take the time to comment on IG or other online outlets are of a very specific psychology. Jordan Peterson talks at length about the need to prevent people from posing anonymously online, or to at least separate anonymous posts from the others. The impulse to conflate and express inner frustration, envy, anger, toxicity and disempowerment and direct it viciously toward others behind a mask of anonymity has become endemic in youth culture, and frankly in anyone who is hyperexposed to the privilege that is reflected back to them via the media, and that they have no chance of ever attaining. It’s perfectly understandable, even if often egregious and toxic. 

53 minutes ago, tscott said:

I can see to some extent thinking she was trying to "start over". In fact, I would think that really began with the birth of her daughter.  We were getting a more softer and kinder Madonna.  She was much more spiritual in a sense and saw that even she may have taken things a bit too far, prior to ROL.  I believe all along, she has been looking for respect and approval, and when she finally got married with Guy, she sorta earned a bit of that "Queen" aurora, where people were lapping her up, especially in England.  But all along, her rebelliousness kept  trying to come back out.  

Completely agreed. And her rebelliousness in the form of exploring violence and the American dream felt to me like the next level of what she took on with Erotica (sex, homophobia) and Like a Prayer (religion, racism). Doing that and simultaneously doing Gap ads, kissing Britney, and being a children's book author felt wacky and subversive to me. It didn't feel like a retread of territory she had already explored and conquered.

The second part of your comment is where I can get in a bit of trouble with other die hards 😊 I feel like I can say all of the same about current M. Because I don't think she reverted to who she was before the marriage or Lola. To me, this is a different M. It's been the most challenging M for me personally and I don't hate her for it. I don't care if she puts her titties on her forehead.  I'm fascinated by it. Everyone wants a biopic about the early NYC years. And I want one that starts at the birth of Lola through today. Ugh, I could write a whole book about just the Ritchie years alone. Too late.

10 hours ago, twosoulsinaghosttown said:

Im not sure Simon Cowell and Madonna faced the same levels of outright cruelty. 

As for penis size commentary, women face far more scrutiny over their bodies than men. Far more. That is a fact. The egos of men are constantly protected in our society. This doesn't mean it NEVER Happens to men, it means that it happens more to women versus men. (And we are speaking about celebrities here, specifically Madonna) So the patriarchy as a system does very much play into this. There are far more stories of women being coerced into nude scenes vs men. More stories of sexual harassment come from women. More stories of this kind of treatment come from women. The vitriol aimed at her is far higher than any male celebrity. Citing that it does happen to men doesn't discount that it happens to her and other female celebrities - far more. So, I don't feel I am the one lying to myself. 

I never said that women do not face more scrutiny over their bodies, nor do I deny the existence of a patriarchy, I 100% agree with you about those things. I was simply correcting your claim that its not acceptable to criticize a mans body which is utter hogwash, you never framed your argument as women receiving more backlash, you made it sound like mens bodies are never scrutinized in the public eye which is false as I pointed out by highlighting Simon Cowell.

31 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

I’m also not sure what this concept of her unveiling a new face is based upon. She’s looked the way she currently does for the last two years. There’s no radical change detected in my eyes. 

People who take the time to comment on IG or other online outlets are of a very specific psychology. Jordan Peterson talks at length about the need to prevent people from posing anonymously online, or to at least separate anonymous posts from the others. The impulse to conflate and express inner frustration, envy, anger, toxicity and disempowerment and direct it viciously toward others behind a mask of anonymity has become endemic in youth culture, and frankly in anyone who is hyperexposed to the privilege that is reflected back to them via the media, and that they have no chance of ever attaining. It’s perfectly understandable, even if often egregious and toxic. 

Keep in mind, it's easy to get wrapped up in this media craziness, so it's best to take yourself out of the equation.  Not to downplay the negativity, but how much of this would you have heard if you weren't a Madonna fan?  How much of this would you have heard if you didn't take part in social media as much?  And of course, how much would you have heard if you didn't congregate at fan forums which shares what is said about her? I personally know no one in my life who is saying these awful things about Madonna.  Not to say, that if I start asking people's thoughts, they may express things I don't want to hear about her, but my point is that social media tends to magnify what is being said, no matter what the topic is.  So while it could be a handful of vocal people on the internet saying awful things, it then comes back to those who feed off of it, and making it more than what it is. 

I don't use twitter or most popular social media platforms. So I don't see much of this nasty behavior until I come to the fan forums.   But I do notice that in general a lot of people even beyond the Madonna base, who feed off this negativity. Once they read it, they assume this is the whole world against Madonna.  It's really not.  We as fans want to defend her, so again we feed into it and some of us take it to heart.  I wouldn't so much.  Why?  Madonna has endured this sort of negativity for over 4 decades.  She really hasn't let it stop her from saying and doing what she wants, no matter what anyone thinks of her.  I don't really see her rallying others to defend her.  Yes, she may defend herself from time to time, but she has every right to.  And of course, some will find fault in that or misinterpret what she's saying then, and drag her even more.  All I'm saying is that Madonna is hardly melting down over this, so we as fans, shouldn't as well.  There are still millions who enjoy her and idolize her.  I refuse to feed into the negativity and take it so personally.  Nothing is going to steal my joy from idolizing her and being entertained by her.  And the last thing I"m going to do is argue with someone I don't know on the internet about Madonna, who knows nothing about her personally.

31 minutes ago, teammadonna said:

This one is screen capture from video at same day. Can you see Hen? Madonna with cardi b. screen capture from Video!  Madonna's face is beautiful as Goddess and She looks like same age with cardi B!

madonna and cardi b.png

And this one is taken with a long lens camera by misogyny media.

just jared is madonna haters 01.png

Don't be fooled by the misogynistic media. they are toxic.

media.jpg

It appears to be a case of bad angle/lighting/zooming. Watching the live broadcast, I thought she looked great! Madonna’s unedited look can greatly vary due to angle or lighting, more so than before. And the gap between Madonna’s edited look vs. her unedited appearance is sometimes getting wider and wider.

I never gave allegations of cosmetic surgery much thought, and there’s nothing wrong w/ some enhancement. However, too much work or bad work achieves opposite effect. If that’s what’s going on, it’s best to stop and focus on reversing some of it if possible. Madonna was always a natural beauty w/ striking features, and she doesn’t need all that.

Madonna has always had naturally gorgeous facial bone structure, her face looks so strange to people these days because it sometimes looks bloated even though the media does deliberately find the worst photos to spin a narrative it looks worse than it actually does. Part of the issue is the truly awful styling as well, we have seen that she can still look very good when she wants to such as the most recent pride appearance.  The structure of her face is not all that different now than it ever was, if she started doing better styling, reduced the bloated look and ditched the grills she would hear less complaints from the public about her appearance. On a positive note, she looked like she was physically fit and had slimmed down at this grammy appearance, she has been working out for her tour I assume.

not sure if the fans here will agree with me, but have you noticed that in the last few years Madonna's messages about social issues are not really reflected in her music? In the past, she would talk about important issues but they would also be represented in her songs, videos, performances.... but nowadays, the music doesn't carry the same messages she is sending out in the interviews and on social media?

21 minutes ago, androiduser said:

not sure if the fans here will agree with me, but have you noticed that in the last few years Madonna's messages about social issues are not really reflected in her music? In the past, she would talk about important issues but they would also be represented in her songs, videos, performances.... but nowadays, the music doesn't carry the same messages she is sending out in the interviews and on social media?

Madame X is loaded with messages.  

29 minutes ago, androiduser said:

Dark Ballet, Killers Who are Partying, God Control, Joan of Arc, Ghosttown, Borrowed Time,  Batuka, Future, Extreme Occident (while more personal), I Rise... all like to say 'hello' to you.  These songs  (lyrics and/or videos) as well as I'm sure many I've missed on her last few albums scream about the social and personal issues she and others are currently experiencing in the world.

Not really

Especially after Madame x was her most political album to date.

From trans rights in to Dark Ballet gun use in America in God Control to the themes of oppression displayed in I Rise. The instruments and themes of slavery displayed in the Batuka video. 
Killers Who Are Partying and the need for good dick in Crave. 
There’s so much there

13 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

Yeah, must be hard to process informations when you're not well wired for it.

I actually agree with some of the things you say but stop acting like you are a teacher educating the rest of use with your longwinded posts, your opinion is just an opinion like everyone else has an opinion. Just because you live in France and got educated by a feminist does not make you special.

6 hours ago, Jackie said:

It's a shame that her speech and her message was overshadowed by people's obsession over how she looks.  The bad lighting didn't help either - it was so dark on that stage!

In any case, she is right, I wouldn't have used the term patriarchy - but certainly societies, or some of societies expectations of how she should dress, act and speak are repressive.

It's nothing new - remember, the Girlie Show? The headlines where 'calm down grandma' and she was in her early 30's - by continuing to be provocative she's challenging the status quo of at 64, of you should have rollers in your hair, and be at home, knitting a throw for a grandchild's lounge. You aren't sexy, you can't talk about sex, and god forbid still be sexually provocative. 

In my opinion if this thread or the next thread this infesting crowd of people who won't stop talking about the Grammys moment appear on it why won't it better delete the messages and next give warning points to people who repeat it instead of locking a thread.Please,until now the thread is going great but the thread destroyers will find out each one and destroy it

2 hours ago, Edward I Longshanks said:

I actually agree with some of the things you say but stop acting like you are a teacher educating the rest of use with your longwinded posts, your opinion is just an opinion like everyone else has an opinion. Just because you live in France and got educated by a feminist does not make you special.

True,we are all entitled to a opinion until it gets offensive or repetitive.