Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

5 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

In my opinion if this thread or the next thread this infesting crowd of people who won't stop talking about the Grammys moment appear on it why won't it better delete the messages and next give warning points to people who repeat it instead of locking a thread.Please,until now the thread is going great but the thread destroyers will find out each one and destroy it

I don't agree with locking/silencing discussion, IMO these meltdown type events always have their natural ebbs and flows, very passionate but short lived and on to another distraction, it's healthy to discuss and grow and learn but i do respect the mods decision 100%

46 minutes ago, DickTracy said:

I don't agree with locking/silencing discussion, IMO these meltdown type events always have their natural ebbs and flows, very passionate but short lived and on to another distraction, it's healthy to discuss and grow and learn but i do respect the mods decision 100%

Same,it seems that threads full of comments and that were going great are locked because of a negative cloud that won't get given warnings

Even though i do agree with locking threads that the pure point is mocking the artist in some way or another,that are dedicated to being inappropriately specific about something in Madonna that someone hates like her face (for some people her new Grammys look reminds me of Dita)

21 hours ago, vadge said:

Cher was forgiven because she was humble about wanting to still look young, beautiful, sexy etc. Her confessing to her sins so honestly and openly allowed patriarchal society to give her a pass for her transgressions. Dolly Parton is forgiven because her personality is overwhelmingly "Madonna" (the other Madonna) to balance out the "whore".

They were never forgiven because of any of those reasons. People mocked Cher endlessly for several years in the late 90’s/early 2000’s until they got used to it and got over it. She has barely changed since then. Dolly was always the butt of jokes for her large fake breasts since I was a child. That’s the only reason I knew who she was. Once again people have gotten used to the way she is and don’t care anymore.

It is different with Madonna because we live in different times, where people can comment all over the Internet and things go viral. She is also a bigger star than either of those women so gains way more attention.

1 minute ago, Blue Jean said:

They were never forgiven because of any of those reasons. People mocked Cher endlessly for several years in the late 90’s/early 2000’s until they got used to it and got over it. Dolly was always the butt of jokes for her large fake breasts since I was a child. That’s the only reason I knew who she was.

It is different with Madonna because we live in different times, where people can comment all over the Internet and things go viral. She is also a bigger star than either of those women so gains way more attention.

That's true

Also MJ was also mocked. Zac Efron is still being mocked . This is a thing, it’s not just Madonna. She cops it more than Zac and others because there is ageist/sexist element so there are certain kinds of people going in harder. We know the type.

Madonna has been strong since her career started she knows that all are against her following her like mouses with cheese sometimes

I think that trying to explain away all the criticism Madonna receives by claiming its just sexism and ageism is extremely lazy, sure those things exist in the world but they don't play as big of a factor as people seem to think in this situation. Like @Blue Jeansaid, Michael Jackson was ruthlessly mocked for his appearance, same thing with Simon Cowell who honestly looked like he was a melting wax figure at one point. I understand that womens appearance tends to be scrutinized more then men in general but that does not mean its exclusively an issue women face, nor can I honestly think of another woman who gets so much hate and backlash for her appearance, its more that people have a massive issue with Madonna herself than some instinct to criticize any woman who had had work done or is getting older. The real reason she is facing such widespread attention for this is because whatever she had done to her face looks pretty awful and since she is Madonna, its bound to make headlines.

7 hours ago, Jackie said:

It's a shame that her speech and her message was overshadowed by people's obsession over how she looks.  The bad lighting didn't help either - it was so dark on that stage!

In any case, she is right, I wouldn't have used the term patriarchy - but certainly societies, or some of societies expectations of how she should dress, act and speak are repressive.

It's nothing new - remember, the Girlie Show? The headlines where 'calm down grandma' and she was in her early 30's - by continuing to be provocative she's challenging the status quo of at 64, of you should have rollers in your hair, and be at home, knitting a throw for a grandchild's lounge. You aren't sexy, you can't talk about sex, and god forbid still be sexually provocative. 

The fact that people are like "u face i don't like:i don't hear u opinion 🤓" it makes me embarrassed how people will not take onions based on someone's face

1 minute ago, Edward I Longshanks said:

I think that trying to explain away all the criticism Madonna receives by claiming its just sexism and ageism is extremely lazy, sure those things exist in the world but they don't play as big of a factor as people seem to think. Like @Blue Jeansaid, Michael Jackson was ruthlessly mocked for his appearance, same thing with Simon Cowell who honestly looked like he was a melting wax figure at one point. I understand that womens appearance tends to be scrutinized more then men in general but that does not mean its exclusively an issue women face. The real reason she is facing such widespread attention for this is because whatever she had done to her face looks pretty awful and since she is Madonna, its bound to make headlines.

Yes i don't think it is ageism again there are some young people who do surgeries i don't personally like and it doesn't matter the age i don't like the surgery.But let's try to not even mention if her face is likable or not by our own choices,you know the admins are seeing this and they may block this legendary thread if someone mentions it again:smokey:no offense but i prefer temporary bans or warnings instead of lockings

7 minutes ago, Edward I Longshanks said:

I think that trying to explain away all the criticism Madonna receives by claiming its just sexism and ageism is extremely lazy, sure those things exist in the world but they don't play as big of a factor as people seem to think. Like @Blue Jeansaid, Michael Jackson was ruthlessly mocked for his appearance, same thing with Simon Cowell who honestly looked like he was a melting wax figure at one point. I understand that womens appearance tends to be scrutinized more then men in general but that does not mean its exclusively an issue women face.

If you read the comments and jokes at her expense most of them are ageist and/or sexist in tone though . So while it may not be the whole picture it’s a big aspect  of the overall attitude toward her. And it sucks.

And they did choose a close up of the most unflattering facial expression possible to share around the Internet.

4 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

If you read the comments and jokes at her expense most of them are ageist and/or sexist in tone though . So while it may not be the whole picture it’s a big aspect  of the overall attitude toward her. And it sucks.

They expect Madonna to be at home in a chair all day complaining about her back problems while she goes to her boring bed to live a boring day.NO,she wakes up thinking of a dancefloor and dancing all day as she deserves she is truly my inspiration to dance at any age,again Madonna knew this was gonna happen,see the lyrics of her American Life album and how some Americans think only 16-45 year olds can host party's therefore if they don't fit in that age group they are a old granny/grandpa who only needs to sleep ND stress about taxes

If you read the comments and jokes at her expense most of them are ageist and/or sexist though . So while it may not be the whole picture it’s a big aspect .

I see what you are saying but the jokes that sound ageist on places like Twitter or Facebook are mostly just people being toxic trolls, social media does not really reflect why the wider public seems to despise Madonna so much. One of the worst aspects of all is that Madonna has always been an advocate for women's rights and some of the most offensive and vicious comments she receives on her social media are from women.

1 minute ago, Edward I Longshanks said:

I see what you are saying but the jokes that sound ageist on places like Twitter or Facebook are mostly just people being toxic trolls, social media does not really reflect why the wider public seems to despise Madonna so much. One of the worst aspects of all is that Madonna has always been an advocate for women's rights and some of the most offensive and vicious comments she receives on her social media are from women.

And i saw some people saying that  "has the audacity to still be alive" WHO are you to say she should be artistically dead?:Madonna002:

24 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

They were never forgiven because of any of those reasons. People mocked Cher endlessly for several years in the late 90’s/early 2000’s until they got used to it and got over it. She has barely changed since then. Dolly was always the butt of jokes for her large fake breasts since I was a child. That’s the only reason I knew who she was. Once again people have gotten used to the way she is and don’t care anymore.

I love and defend Madonna but these comparisons are apples and oranges. 

In the 90s Cher was mocked for being washed up. That’s true. She was doing infomercials at 3am on syndicated tv. However, she had a hit with “Believe” and folks couldn’t call her a has-been anymore. Shortly after she became a sensation on Twitter for her irreverence. She hasn’t given anyone much to mock lately to be honest. She’s a tough woman but not in the same way Madonna is.  

Dolly has ALWAYS been in on the joke. You may only know her because of her big boobs but she doesn’t shy away from that. She’s in on the joke and always has been. She has a point of view today that doesn’t land her in any hot water because it’s all about peace and love. And good for her! 

Madonna on the other hand has been actively pushing buttons since the 1980s. Bring a provocateur is her brand. Cher and Dolly aren’t that so it’s silly to compare the three. 

6 minutes ago, djnathanashby said:

I love and defend Madonna but these comparisons are apples and oranges. 

In the 90s Cher was mocked for being washed up. That’s true. She was doing infomercials at 3am on syndicated tv. However, she had a hit with “Believe” and folks couldn’t call her a has-been anymore. Shortly after she became a sensation on Twitter for her irreverence. She hasn’t given anyone much to mock lately to be honest. She’s a tough woman but not in the same way Madonna is.  

Dolly has ALWAYS been in on the joke. You may only know her because of her big boobs but she doesn’t shy away from that. She’s in on the joke and always has been. She has a point of view today that doesn’t land her in any hot water because it’s all about peace and love. And good for her! 

Madonna on the other hand has been actively pushing buttons since the 1980s. Bring a provocateur is her brand. Cher and Dolly aren’t that so it’s silly to compare the three. 

Yes,all of them are very different

On 2/7/2023 at 8:40 PM, Roland Barthes said:

You still don't get it. Maybe spend less time at the gym and more at the library. I know some fans are triggered by the word patriarchy, especially when they are men because they think it's about all men and men only. Patriarchy is a state of mind, it's the society we live in that has been made by men for men, hetero white, wealthy men, christians i would add. Everything is from their point of view. Poitics, economy, religion (any religion) etc...everything that is not that group are subordonates and if they want to be more than subordonates they have to play the game of patriarchy hence why so many women go after other women, fighting to be the fave. 

Your age has everything to do with it because if by now you have not realized this then you have not paid attention...because you were not concerned, because you were not a subordonate, because you had the privilege to not suffer from it. 

You work out, obviously. Why ? To look good ? To feel good about yourself ? To have authority over your body. It's your choice. And that's what irks me here, i don't think she looks good but the reactions, including yours, are just about controlling someone, having authority over what another person is allowed to do with their body. That's the core of the subject, wether it's abortion, a sex change, plastic surgery, tattoos, wearin a veil or ugly Desigual clothes, i don't have to find it great or want to do the same, i just want people to be allowed to do whatever the fuck they want to do with their bodies and lives without having little patriarchy soldiers telling them they can't because they said so. That's what patriarchy is, people who think they are allowed, entitled to tell what to do with your body and life. could be men, could be women. Enough of that ! Not just for Madonna, or me, or you but for everybody. That the cycle we must break and not engage in because one day it's gonna bite you in the ass when someone will come to you and tell you you are too old to do or dress the way you do...and since you did not get what i said previously and how your words will hurt you one day because they are like a brick you bring to the wall you're gonna hit yourself soon enough.

Saying people should take responsability for the way they present themself to the world is wrong, it's rape culture lingo. You believe people should take responsability for the way they present themself, i say people should mind their own business before their business, one day, becomes other people's business because they should have never allowed that can of worms to be open. I say people should take responsability to nurture their superego and build boundaries, respect otherwise don't expect people to respect you and your boudaries because you have allowed them to piss on yours by pissing on other's.

This is not the first brilliant post of yours, and I hope it's not the last.  You have a really well-reasoned, intelligent, humane way of expressing yourself.  They are truly a joy to read.

I woke up this morning seeing once again a post in a facebook group mocking Madonna's face and comparing her to a muppet. Even though i said i would try not to comment any longer to these kind of posts i couldn't help. Now the moderator, who sounds like an infinite idiot is defending the woman who has made the post. I can't deal with it any longer i swear...

@TonyMontana Yeah. Been through strings of comments online, and people are basically calling her out for having had too much work done, and they deem her an ageist for seemingly fighting the aging process so hard. And those baseless paedophilia/child trafficking allegations don’t help…

Maybe Madonna should have requested all press photos be approved prior to being published.

I’m sure she’ll bounce back anyway like she always does, esp. when the tour starts. And maybe she’ll take some measures to diminish the odds of that occurring again.

11 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

@TonyMontana

Maybe Madonna should have requested all press photos be approved prior to being published.

This !!!! I hope she does because what they're doing is absolutely disgusting. At this point this is pure bullying. All this hate towards her makes me love her even more anyway. 

36 minutes ago, vadge said:

It absolutely is your personal belief. Some believe in gender over science, some believe in science over gender. Science categorizes all adult human males as "men". Calling that phobic doesn't actually make it phobic.

You're entitled to your beliefs... and if anyone censored your right to speak it, they'd be wrong too.

Wow you truly are transphobic and proud of it. 

1 hour ago, TonyMontana said:

I woke up this morning seeing once again a post in a facebook group mocking Madonna's face and comparing her to a muppet. Even though i said i would try not to comment any longer to these kind of posts i couldn't help. Now the moderator, who sounds like an infinite idiot is defending the woman who has made the post. I can't deal with it any longer i swear...

I've succeeded to make the original poster lose his temper, insult me and now the post deleted from Facebook ! I don't know if it's the poster who has deleted it or facebook after my reports but i'm glad ! Small victory !