Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

51 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

Ok i will take a break from fb for a few days. All the hate towards Madonna affects me too much. I'm literrally shaking of rage reading all the horrors from human beings. Add to this a couple of racist comments... I just can't any longer. 

Why am i not surprised ? I'm sorry you had to endure this on top of it all. At the end of the day it's the same root at work here. People no longer contain the hate in them. This week it's Madonna, last week it was Aya Nakamura (i'm not a fan) every single post from a news outlet about her on FB was filled with very degrading racist comments. 

14 minutes ago, Jackie said:

The press photo's' are how she looks - and I'm fine with it - the bullying by the media is not fine though!

I really do believe some shots are altered. We got several paparazzi videos from the same night and she looks good. In 2007 or 2008 there was that very bad picture of her with agard face and very thin arms, she almost looked like a junkie, i'm sure that picture had been altered as well. The press knows that bad Madonna pictures makes good healines and generate a lot of views on the web.

2 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

Why am i not surprised ? I'm sorry you had to endure this on top of it all. At the end of the day it's the same root at work here. People no longer contain the hate in them. This week it's Madonna, last week it was Aya Nakamura (i'm not a fan) every single post from a news outlet about her on FB was filled with very degrading racist comments. 

Are you french too ??? 

13 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

I've succeeded to make the original poster lose his temper, insult me and now the post deleted from Facebook ! I don't know if it's the poster who has deleted it or facebook after my reports but i'm glad ! Small victory !

Seriously get off social media for your own sanity and well being, I had to make that life change myself. Social media is pure poison that eats away at happiness and gives us a false reality, its all an illusion. No matter how many trolls you argue with and get to delete their posts, therenwill always be thousands more, arguing about Madonna on social media is a complete waste of time.

8 minutes ago, Edward I Longshanks said:

Seriously off social media for your own sanity and well being, I am not saying this to judge, I am saying it as genuine advice because I had to make that life change myself. Social media is pure poison that eats away at happiness and gives us a false reality, its all an illusion. No matter how many trolls you argue with and get to delete their posts, their will always be thousands more, arguing about Madonna on social media is a complete waste of time.

I know and this is exactly what i entend to do. Thank you for the advice 🙏

On 2/7/2023 at 9:36 PM, twosoulsinaghosttown said:

Walk me through how Madonna being attacked for looking "old" or having had "surgery" isn't connected, in some way, to the patriarchy. Site me any public male figures that are aging that are facing this. You can't. We don't do that. It's why it's perfectly acceptable to discuss the breasts size of a woman but never the penis of a male. Everything in our cultural atmosphere is still somewhat in service to the ego of men. Because men  - mostly - still hold the power. It's easy to lose sight of this in a culture that has tricked us into believing that being angry and vocal about everything is some sort of rebellious act. It isn't. It's barely the seed that gets the ball rolling. We believe that because we talk about these things - they aren't still happening. They are. It's why you think there is a correlation between how a woman dresses at the gym and the attention she receives because of it. That's a tough mind frame brother. I hope you look inside and stare that ugliness in the face. 

Now I will give you this - The Patriarchy isn't the only reason Madonna is facing this. One could argue that this is her last big cultural battle in an illustrious career of battling cultural prejudices. But it's also  US. It's all of us. As a culture, we are both against bullying and take part in bullying. We have a juvenile belief that celebrities have signed up for our constant judgment and commentary. It's almost as if we believe we are owed something for our adoration. We aren't. 

You are allowed to think whatever you like, sure, in theory but then we have to live as a society right? And for all of us to exist, we talk and make concessions for each other. We are deciding people should be able to dress, act, identify and feel how they wish as long as they don't hurt anyone else.  You have the right to voice opinions about that but free speech doesn't come without consequences. Madonna aging how she wishes is not to upset you or cause you to not identify with her , it's because this is how she wishes to be. The rub here is THAT is the very same spirit you always identified with.  And in many ways, The Patriarchy and celebrity/social media culture feeds this dissonance to keep us from changing what we have always known. 

Part of being in a society is being disagreed with when you craft a Donal Trump like diatribe like the one you posted.

Well said, thank you!

4 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

Moi aussi !! Et tu as raison de mentionner Aya Nakamura car là aussi les racistes se lâchent... 

Let's stick to english as courtesy to other members (we can speak french privately if you want).

I was wondering if this hate towards Madonna did not start when she adopted David and intensified after each adoption because the children are black. Even coming from some fans, i sense something like veiled racism because she's surrounded by a lot of black people now. And it's coming from white people as well as black people. To me it's the root of this child traficking crazy fake news from the christian far right. Then she insulted Trump publicly and she became the target of his fanbase as well.

But something really changed when she adopted David and because David is african and black.

I can compare the totally irrational hate she gets online to the one Aya gets or Megan Markle also gets daily, from the press as well in her case.

2 hours ago, vadge said:

It absolutely is your personal belief. Some believe in gender over science, some believe in science over gender. Science categorizes all adult human males as "men". Calling that phobic doesn't actually make it phobic.

You're entitled to your beliefs... and if anyone censored your right to speak it, they'd be wrong too.

There is a difference between ones sex and ones gender... while science says that there are 3 sexes (male, female, and intersex)... gender is not as simple as you seem to think....

I always have a hard time understanding why some people get so upset because of how other people gender themselves? why does it matter?

25 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

Let's stick to english as courtesy to other members (we can speak french privately if you want).

I was wondering if this hate towards Madonna did not start when she adopted David and intensified after each adoption because the children are black. Even coming from some fans, i sense something like veiled racism because she's surrounded by a lot of black people now. And it's coming from white people as well as black people. To me it's the root of this child traficking crazy fake news from the christian far right. Then she insulted Trump publicly and she became the target of his fanbase as well.

But something really changed when she adopted David and because David is african and black.

I can compare the totally irrational hate she gets online to the one Aya gets or Megan Markle also gets daily, from the press as well in her case.

Oh yes... There is absolutely something that chifted in the minds of racist people when she has adopted her children, that's a very good point. As you mentionned people like Aya Nakamura or Megan Markles are no exeptions when it comes to racism. As an arab myself living in France i can say that racism is stronger now than ever, sometimes if i have to ask to something to someone in a shop or something, i see before i open my mouth that look in the eyes and i know the way that person will talk to me. Sadly you then recognize a racist person even before they open their mouths, you see and you feel that particular look in their eyes.

1 hour ago, vadge said:

It absolutely is your personal belief. Some believe in gender over science, some believe in science over gender. Science categorizes all adult human males as "men". Calling that phobic doesn't actually make it phobic.

You're entitled to your beliefs... and if anyone censored your right to speak it, they'd be wrong too.

Your false choice is amusing. I don’t have time to sit and educate everyone. So you can choose to live your life ignorantly if you please. But if you misgender someone on purpose as a means to make fun or whatever would be the point… then you will have consequences here. 

1 hour ago, TonyMontana said:

Oh yes... There is absolutely something that chifted in the minds of racist people when she has adopted her children, that's a very good point. As you mentionned people like Aya Nakamura or Megan Markles are no exeptions when it comes to racism. As an arab myself living in France i can say that racism is stronger now than ever, sometimes if i have to ask to something to someone in a shop or something, i see before i open my mouth that look in the eyes and i know the way that person will talk to me. Sadly you then recognize a racist person even before they open their mouths, you see and you feel that particular look in their eyes.

Yeah, i witness this everyday. People feed on these opinion media (i don't call them news channels because they are not) owned by racist & bigot billionaires who want to shape the minds of the population into submission by dumbing them and flattering our worst instincts. Everyday it's racism served as fact. 

People are angry too, scared and they feel powerless because of the various crisis we've been through and still are in. The future used to be a promise now it's scary as is the present. People can't make a decent living and make ends meet. There's some kind of war from the 1%ers against the rest of the world, inequalities everywhere so when someone like Madonna, who is perceived as a very priviledged person who has it all, especially money, people take solace in humiliating her and enjoying seeing that with all the money in the world she somehow managed to look like this. It gives them comfort because if she somehow managed to really look like she's in her 30's they would have been reminded that the reason why they don't and can't achieve this too is because they are too poor. That's why they don't root for her and want her to fail because her staying power is a rarity and they feel like they can't achieve that. Madonna is a model very few can achieve because not everybody has her iron will and motivation. I know i wish i had them. She seems invicible and people need to see cracks, a failure, something they can relate to. What they don't understand is they are there, her failures are well documented but she's still standing up, looking almost unscathed. People don't see her as a victim because she does not want to be seen as a victime, it does not mean she not one, but, imo, from the get go, her motivation was to tell people that they shouldn't be victimized and give others the satisfaction to have such power over you with their words and actions they can control your life by impregnating your mind with fear and self doubt. If one pays attention, especially how she raised her children, and she even said it many times : self confidence is the key to everything in this society that on a daily basis tries to take it from you and even made it something bad to be self confident, because that's how they can sale us things, to "improve" our lives. Our society values self hatred and lack of confidence instead. Because it's all about control and power over us.

Hatred towards her is the worst and I don't support that, but sorry guys, I don't buy her post AT ALL. Distorted face by photographs? Yeah, maybe, because on the video she looks a little better. Still, it has more to do with reality than her photos on Instagram - that's what really distorts her face. It has asbolutely NOTHING to do with how she really looks. We fans have known for a few years how she looks like but general public? I don't think so. She hides herself, creates an alternate reality with her Instagram and when she attends a public event people are surpised. That's it. Again, I don't support any hatred towards her but I think if the situation would be different (maybe just a little bit) if she presented herself as true as she is. Plastic surgery is her choice and she can do the fuck she wants. It's her body, it's her choice. But still - with all the enhancements - she feels insecure and photoshop the hell out of her on Instagram. I just don't understand it.

She has been always criticized for looking to muscley or 'masculine'

She was judged for the clothes she worn or for her looks.

Before she didn't have an ass and big arms, now she has a big ass and big cheeks, there's always something to comment about.

People confuse the social platforms , instead of a way to communicate is a way to give your own opinions about anything. Like you have an entitlement . And that's okay on debating forums or places open to discussion but nowhere else.

She can do whatever she wants. She doesn't owe anything to anybody. Even if we don't like what she did to herself, we have to accept her decision. 

Ever since I can remember, she was always criticized for something. She can never please everyone. I just know that if she'd age naturally, people would call her Wrinkleface or something like that now. 

29 minutes ago, sara94 said:

She can do whatever she wants. She doesn't owe anything to anybody. Even if we don't like what she did to herself, we have to accept her decision. 

Ever since I can remember, she was always criticized for something. She can never please everyone. I just know that if she'd age naturally, people would call her Wrinkleface or something like that now. 

The problem is that the phrase ' age gracefully ' is misogynistic it's only used on women , like they have to be beautiful until they are 25 then become a mother then become a grandma.

Men don't have any pressure about ageing gracefully or naturally. In fact men that still have (younger ) partners and a public active sexual life are celebrated.

13 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

The problem is that the phrase ' age gracefully ' is misogynistic it's only used on women , like they have to be beautiful until they are 25 then become a mother then become a grandma.

Men don't have any pressure about ageing gracefully or naturally. In fact men that still have (younger ) partners and a public active sexual life are celebrated.

It may not happen as often as with women, but when a man makes a fool of himself, people notice and comment too: 

image.png.f4032442eae1bfdc75c324260dd37dcd.png