Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

At the end of the day - it’s keyboard warriors projecting their own insecurities,  disappointments, and issues onto Madonna.

Women and men - feeling confronted by someone who isn’t conforming to how they think someone at her age should.

Even here - some of the members are no different- I shouldn’t say that as the admin - but it’s true. 

We need to put aside what we think she should look like , act, talk, sing - we can’t change any of that - but posting hateful or sharing hateful things isn’t in the spirit of a Madonna forum celebrating a woman who has done so much for ALL communities.

I tried but I could not read all posts. it seems like a heated, deep conversation.

News/debates/personal opinions about her are just a reminder that things are not as 'progressive' as it is imagined.

same old sexism, misogyny, patriarchal values and stigmas, but in a less explicit way under the pretence of 'but it is my opinion' shit, as Americans love to call it 'freedom of speech" to justify every hate speech.

Edited by mazzona (see edit history)

On 2/8/2023 at 3:32 AM, Ayham said:

She was, wasn’t intentionally trying to offend anyone.

After re-reading what you wrote and I'm pretty sure English isn't your first language from our previous discussions, I can see that maybe you were not calling Kim a man NOW, but rather saying she used to be one... The way it was worded can mean both. So I apologize for saying you were being "intentionally transphobic" if that wasn't your intention. I stand by hiding the post though, as it still appears derogatory and crass especially next to all the other negative things in that statement. 

17 minutes ago, androiduser said:

Has it occurred to Madonna fans that they are under the impression that she is under more attack than the other celebrities because they simply read everything that is said about her?

Probably - I mean, open any trash magazine and everyone and anything is is under attack lol

30 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

Personally, I believe the root cause it's not the work done on her face.

It's the styling issue.

Example:

Russian-makeup-artist-makes-real-works-o

ellie.jpg

She needs to spend some money to hire a good stylist and makeup artist.

I noticed that her new makeup artist needs to be removed from her sight.Who does it?Be cause i have seen her with less makeup and she looks better without that weird makeup

Edited by Would You Like To Try
Misspelled (see edit history)

1 minute ago, Jackie said:

Probably - I mean, open any trash magazine and everyone and anything is is under attack lol

Not only magazines turn on the TV in the normal news channel and people won't stop talking about her face.Only some accept she is her own person,some think she should remove it or get more

26 minutes ago, androiduser said:

Has it occurred to Madonna fans that they are under the impression that she is under more attack than the other celebrities because they simply read everything that is said about her?

Tell me another female celebrity causing that much controversy, discussions and articles JUST for her looks while presenting an award.

I'll wait.

1 hour ago, Jackie said:

At the end of the day - it’s keyboard warriors projecting their own insecurities,  disappointments, and issues onto Madonna.

Women and men - feeling confronted by someone who isn’t conforming to how they think someone at her age should.

Even here - some of the members are no different- I shouldn’t say that as the admin - but it’s true. 

We need to put aside what we think she should look like , act, talk, sing - we can’t change any of that - but posting hateful or sharing hateful things isn’t in the spirit of a Madonna forum celebrating a woman who has done so much for ALL communities.

You're right. 
This is only my opinion, of course, but it is much healthier for me to focus only on the positive, to know that no matter what her "face" looks like, M is always and still here with us, ready to celebrate her (incredible) legacy with us, to have different projects again and again, to always make us dream a maximum, etc. That, instead of comparing two eras 30 years apart, it makes more sense (to me) to understand (and therefore accept), that her changes have been gradual, year after year, that she is also known as the Queen of "Reinvention". Since 40 years, one era has succeeded another, and she's opening a new one, with a new look (as every time, with transitions sometimes more impressive than others).

This makes me so much happier, than seeing these negative or insulting remarks on social networks or "news" websites. Really happier (and I know what I'm talking about, even my relatives notice it). 

(this is my only message on this specific subject, btw)

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Tell me another female celebrity causing that much controversy, discussions and articles JUST for her looks while presenting an award.

I'll wait.

tell me another female celebrity of that status that has changed her looks so drastically?

But speaking of her peers, MJ has changed his face drastically, and we all remember the jokes and the comments. Bigger stars attract more attention.

45 minutes ago, androiduser said:

tell me another female celebrity of that status that has changed her looks so drastically?

But speaking of her peers, MJ has changed his face drastically, and we all remember the jokes and the comments. Bigger stars attract more attention.

So your point is she deserves it then and the abuse is justified because of her status?

Gosh.

Styling, hair, makeup, the FIT of the garments make or break it. If she were styled the way she was at the after pride for this year's Pride, I think the reception would have been different. She looked really good in those images. And the video of her answering questions. The recipe is really long loose hair with a SIDE part. Business on top (embellished blazer) and party on the bottom(shorts, panties, fishnets,etc). Of course there would always be the people that think she did a bit too much, but I don't think it would be as bad. This isn't anything new either. 10 years ago for MDNA she looked so hot in the opening Girl Gone Wild look. And then about 20 years older, a few minutes later for the marching band segment. 

34 minutes ago, Prayer said:

So your point is she deserves it then and the abuse is justified because of her status?

Gosh.

not at all, please don't make accusations just to prove your point.

my opinion is that people being shocked by botched surgery is not misogyny.

31 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

Miss Kittin defended her on FB by reposting an Instagram status defending Madonna. 

NOW COLLABORATE !

A friend reminded me of Renée Zellweger this evening and how she was dragged online and in the media because she had a procedure done to her eyes. 

Also Meg Ryan

18 hours ago, Edward I Longshanks said:

I understand that womens appearance tends to be scrutinized more then men in general but that does not mean its exclusively an issue women face, nor can I honestly think of another woman who gets so much hate and backlash for her appearance, its more that people have a massive issue with Madonna herself than some instinct to criticize any woman who had had work done or is getting older. The real reason she is facing such widespread attention for this is because whatever she had done to her face looks pretty awful and since she is Madonna, its bound to make headlines.

For a long time, women have worried about looking beautiful using countless beauty products or excessive makeup that gives them a completely different appearance (the same thing that Instagram filters do) and this to feel comfortable with themselves or to like sex. opposite. That is why if women are apparently the most criticized for their appearance, it is because they outnumber men in this obsession with beauty and this leads to misunderstandings and generates the false belief of misogyny or contempt for women. But soon men will also be criticized in the same proportion as women, since more and more are resorting to botox, surgeries, hair implants, and beauty is increasingly valued in this modern world, both for the man as well as for women and when everything is leveled perhaps these concepts of misogyny and patriarchy will begin to go out of style because they will no longer have a place to support themselves.

21 minutes ago, androiduser said:

not at all, please don't make accusations just to prove your point.

my opinion is that people being shocked by botched surgery is not misogyny.

That's exactly the same opinion as Piers Morgan...

Make of that whatever you will.

My opinion is, "botched" or not, it still doesn't give anyone the right to judge. The term "botched" is already judgmental in itself.