Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

33 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

I can't wait for tour rehearsals to start so that we can finally get away from talking about her face all the time

I anticipate after opening night the entire world will be discussing her. And the haters will be louder than they have ever been. If this is how they react to a little speech in a coat we can only imagine how they will react to her show. Be prepared.

3 hours ago, rgdlee said:

Not sure if anybody has shared or mentioned, but here is Time’s take on Madonna at the Grammys:

Madonna's Face and the Myth of Aging Gracefully

https://time.com/6253977/madonna-face-grammys-2023/

:lol:

I'm waiting for BBC to make a documentary, just like they way they did it back in 2012 when she expressed she hates hydrangeas.

6 hours ago, Edward I Longshanks said:

Go join activism forum or a start a thread yourself on this site if you feel so strongly about the issue. I like Madonna 's music, I would prefer if we stopped bringing so much negativity into this place, people get enough of that on social media. My comment about pseudo intellectuals was not aimed specifically at you. Parroting the media and politicians means a slew of word salad that changes nothing. I have been a fan since the start of her career, I have heard all of it and more, its just noise at this point. Me not wanting to talk about the same topic over and over again does mean I would not love to see positive change. Not all of us are out on political crusades, some of us just like Madonna and her music believe it or not.

I DO believe it!  Same thing here.  It's not like I come here to discuss politics. I'd MUCH rather be talking about how Erotica is the best album ever made, of all time!  But when people want to spread toxic beliefs or prejudice (and that's not directed at you, per se), I feel like I should at least address it.  I wouldn't say anything if people would stop making terrible, judgemental comments about this woman that I admire so much.

The thing is, I don't need to join an "activism forum" or seek out people and places to discuss things like ageism or misogyny when it's literally right in front of my face in so many comments on this site.  And that's what activism IS in many ways.  It's recognizing these things as they're actually happening, and speaking out against it.  Silence all too often equals approval, or at the very least complacence, and I absolutely refuse to allow anybody to think that I agree with or condone some of the virulently awful personal comments people make about her or about other board members.  

Remember, the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.  

I don't know about you guys but i witnessed a change in the tide today, i saw people, non fans and media influencers, journalists and artists defending her and expressing their disgusted at the vicious way she has been treated and i'm talking about people i don't suspect to be closeted fans at all, the great thing is that they are influencers in culture. I think she's winning, her unapologetic post on Instagram, her defiance and fuck you attitude, some articles in serious press asking to leave her alone... haters gonna hate but they are being shamed now and since i'm talking about culture influencers it may soon be a trend for followers. People say they may not agree with what she does but they admire her defiance. I think it's just the beginning. Girl has made the world focus on her once again and, again, she's shaking the culture and conversation. She's not crying at home, her job is done.

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

Yes, I do like as well.  My take on this whole topic is that the media and some fans are embellishing how bad she looks.  The picture the media is using, including in Pier Morgan's silly show, is altered to make her look worse. And as nasty as some have gotten, at least Madonna once again is creating a discussion (which she's always like doing), only giving her more publicity. 

It's not quite a matter of misogyny or ageism. It's more a matter of taste, albeit personal.

This woman articulated it well: https://www.tiktok.com/@dailyblastlive/video/7197921605694000426

What I like about TikTok, compared to a devout forum or YouTube, is that opinions are more objective.

33 minutes ago, Vas said:

It's not quite a matter of misogyny or ageism. It's more a matter of taste, albeit personal.

This woman articulated it well: https://www.tiktok.com/@dailyblastlive/video/7197921605694000426

What I like about TikTok, compared to a devout forum or YouTube, is that opinions are more objective.

Yes, but you can't dismiss "misogyny" or "ageism" because a lot of what Madonna does and wear is completely acceptable if someone younger is doing or wearing it.  I agree that for some it's personal taste, but that usually is based on one's idea of what someone should be doing at a certain age.  People know she's in her 60's and some people can't fathom seeing someone their Grandma's age doing the same things, or dressing the same way that they are or their children are dressing or acting like. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks, because Madonna will keep doing what she wants and no doubt it will continue to make people feel uncomfortable.  She's done this her whole entire career.  She keeps people talking about her and whether it's good or bad, she still keeps a lot of people interested and buying tickets to her shows. And if she dropped a new album tomorrow, all those "fans" who jump on the band wagon, criticizing her will be snatching it up, only to find fault or dissect it to death, sucking all the joy out of the album.  It's a never ending cycle!

27 minutes ago, Vas said:

When people are so grossed out by her appearance that they wish she retire, die, go away, "age gracefully" etc it is ageism and misogyny. Plain and simple.

A lot of people don't like the way Zac Efron looks after his cosmetic surgeries, but they don't wish those things on him.

This is Madonna LITERALLY a few months ago. It is a close up. Same look. Please call it what it is. Don't say someone is objectively voicing their opinion on an adapted image taken at the Grammys. Even if it is not "adapted" they deliberately captured it in an unflattering moment. This moment is more flattering. So PLEASE, if you feel you still need to continue to analyze her face, be fair and use a fair image like the one below.

SPL5507319_005-1.jpg

24 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

This is Madonna LITERALLY a few months ago. It is a close up. Same look. Please call it what it is. Don't say someone is objectively voicing their opinion on an adapted image taken at the Grammys. Even if it is not "adapted" they deliberately captured it in an unflattering moment. This moment is more flattering. So PLEASE, if you feel you still need to continue to analyze her face, be fair and use a fair image like the one below.

SPL5507319_005-1.jpg

Very well said. She hasn't had anything done since this pic was taken, so it's weird how people (even some fans) are on this crusade to bash her looks or criticize whatever work she's had done to her face.  Unfortunately, Madonna like anyone, suffers from unflattering shots of her, due to lighting and angles. 

I think a lot of people are bothered by the whole ensemble, even with this pic. No 65 year old woman dresses the way she does, wears her hair the way she does, etc.  Though, she's in the entertainment world, so it's expected to see entertainers who are especially interested in glamor and/or looking different from everyone else to find ways to style their hair wildly and dress wild or provocative.  She's such a high profile star still, that people tend to comment on her before anyone else such as Belinda Carlisle (who has had a lot of work done since she was in her late 20's).  And while there are some male celebrities who get criticism for the work has been done to them, but they don't get criticized consistently as Madonna.  Every few months, it seems to be a conversation with Madonna, but I don't see large debates and discussions about Tom Cruise's work done to his face.  So yeah, pardon me if I call "misogyny." I know some people bring up Pete Burns and Mickey Rourke, but they still don't get as much attention and hate as Madonna gets.

I would add that lately her sense of style is really stunning. She's finally experimenting again with her looks and making big changes (pink hair, bleached eyebrows, auburn hair, hairdo like at the Sex launch/grammys etc....) After years of long blond locks it is really refreshing. Her 1997 Mugler outfit was absolutely stunning on her, anyway 90's fashion suits her like a glove. I really don't understand the hate about the look cause it's one of my fav in years. My only wish now would be to have a few new tracks to go with her amazing looks. 

2 hours ago, Robertthenurse said:

SPL5507319_005-1.jpg

Thank you! Finally a rational fan with a sharp eye appeared!

These photos are from Madonna's instagram stories. And look at her face!! 

madonna sex book saint lauren party 01_01.pngmadonna sex book saint lauren party 02_01.png

It's literally pictures taken just two month ago! Look at Madonna's face! Her face is perfect like the face of a goddess! She has such a perfect face that she looks almost the same age as her daughter. More importantly, Madonna had the same hairstyle as at the Grammy Awards! JUST two month ago! She had no time do something done her face!

And look at this photos, which is maliciously manipulated by the misogynistic media.

madonna grammy 2023 01_02.png

This is why you shouldn't believe in misogynistic media.

Edited by teammadonna (see edit history)

I don’t know if it’s manipulated. It could just be harsher lighting and unflattering facial expressions. They seemed to use a shot where she was screwing her face up a lot which is cruel. Remember when Beyoncé performed at the Super Bowl and all those ugly pics came out. Then her team had them all removed? Those were back in the days where Beyoncé was absolutely flawless too.

It’s funny there are images from Madonna’s Grammy appearance where she looked really good.

D4B997FD-3602-469C-A8D4-DADBA1D11DDA.jpeg

I also THINK some people really need to move on from this sad, pathetic topic. It's literally cringe worthy at this point. Like seriously, for days and days and days and days. Can we fkn talk about the fashion? ANYTHING. Please. 🤣🙏🥴😬🙃🤷

8 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I don't know about you guys but i witnessed a change in the tide today, i saw people, non fans and media influencers, journalists and artists defending her and expressing their disgusted at the vicious way she has been treated and i'm talking about people i don't suspect to be closeted fans at all, the great thing is that they are influencers in culture. I think she's winning, her unapologetic post on Instagram, her defiance and fuck you attitude, some articles in serious press asking to leave her alone... haters gonna hate but they are being shamed now and since i'm talking about culture influencers it may soon be a trend for followers. People say they may not agree with what she does but they admire her defiance. I think it's just the beginning. Girl has made the world focus on her once again and, again, she's shaking the culture and conversation. She's not crying at home, her job is done.

That's awesome!  I mean, I have faith in the basic goodness of humanity at the end of the day, but damn.

The fact that there's a slapback now in her favor warms my heart and moistens my bussy. 

And I just realized that in all this time, I haven't even had a chance to say that I fucking LOVED the outfit, and the hair is so great!  I'm so glad she's been changing the hair again like she used to do every few months.  The pink was great, but I am in love with her as a redhead!

One last thing, and I promise I'm not trying to beat a dead horse with the face talk, but I wonder if a lot of the reaction is because of her missing eyebrows?  Someone told me that it's a trend to do the no eyebrow thing (I took them at their word, I am so removed from knowing anything about current fashion trends, lol). I think it can be a little jarring, because we are used to people having eyebrows, you know?  Lol. 

But I look at it like Dita's good tooth, or the Bedtime Stories nose & belly button rings, or the grills.  It's just another unique look from a chameleon of a performer, and I love it!  Her visuals have always been such a huge part of her, and I'm just really fucking proud to be a Madonna fan, you know?  What a fucking incredible artist and woman.

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I don’t know if it’s manipulated. It could just be harsher lighting and unflattering facial expressions. They seemed to use a shot where she was screwing her face up a lot which is cruel. Remember when Beyoncé performed at the Super Bowl and all those ugly pics came out. Then her team had them all removed? Those were back in the days where Beyoncé was absolutely flawless too.

It’s funny there are images from Madonna’s Grammy appearance where she looked really good.

D4B997FD-3602-469C-A8D4-DADBA1D11DDA.jpeg

There are some photos of confessions like in tour when her expressions make her look weird,again it's the face that was taken at the wrong moment by a prankist