Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

9 hours ago, Robertthenurse said:

This is Madonna LITERALLY a few months ago. It is a close up. Same look. Please call it what it is. Don't say someone is objectively voicing their opinion on an adapted image taken at the Grammys. Even if it is not "adapted" they deliberately captured it in an unflattering moment. This moment is more flattering. So PLEASE, if you feel you still need to continue to analyze her face, be fair and use a fair image like the one below.

SPL5507319_005-1.jpg

Once again proven it's the makeup and styling issue.

She should ditch the no brow makeup look.

No brows, and makeup that make her look shiny pale white in the very dark surroundings... is the main reason that she looks "weird"... I personally do not like the hairstyle much... but my husband disagreed with me about that... thought the hair was amazing and very interesting looking...so again taste is personal...

One thing that is sure though... is that once the masses get told that you are ugly... they will gang up on you... and enjoy to tell you that you are hideous ugly...

12 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I don’t know if it’s manipulated. It could just be harsher lighting and unflattering facial expressions. They seemed to use a shot where she was screwing her face up a lot which is cruel. Remember when Beyoncé performed at the Super Bowl and all those ugly pics came out. Then her team had them all removed? Those were back in the days where Beyoncé was absolutely flawless too.

It’s funny there are images from Madonna’s Grammy appearance where she looked really good.

D4B997FD-3602-469C-A8D4-DADBA1D11DDA.jpeg

I was about to comment with he same example of Beyonce.

If you are a photographer on these event you take 1000s of pictures, you shot about 50 each time. Giving you half eye closed, someone talking  and lots of bad and weird angles. The lighting on the photo they showed wasn't flattering.

It created a strong shadow on the side and the camera is able  show each pore and the glossiness of the make up.

She looks like she was talking and her chin was closed to the shirt, giving her a puffy look.

I'm pretty sure from that streak of pictures taken they were better ones but being a tabloid they went for the unflattering one to create noise and traffic.

1 hour ago, EgoRod said:

I was about to comment with he same example of Beyonce.

If you are a photographer on these event you take 1000s of pictures, you shot about 50 each time. Giving you half eye closed, someone talking  and lots of bad and weird angles. The lighting on the photo they showed wasn't flattering.

It created a strong shadow on the side and the camera is able  show each pore and the glossiness of the make up.

She looks like she was talking and her chin was closed to the shirt, giving her a puffy look.

I'm pretty sure from that streak of pictures taken they were better ones but being a tabloid they went for the unflattering one to create noise and traffic.

She is puffy though. She looks bloated. It's clear she is wearing a very tight corset. She just looks restricted.

2 hours ago, Blondie said:

Braids, no brows, grills. A combination of all that is not a good look.

She looked great when she did her 50 questions video. What happened ??? She always goes out of her way to spoil herself.

The only difference in this is that she's got blonde long hair and her make up and style is slightly different.  Other than that, her face is exactly the same (if we are alluding she's had work done since?  She hasn't.) 

18 minutes ago, sara94 said:

This era will end soon. Her appearance will change before the tour starts (optimism + wishful thinking)

I can see her keeping this look since she's never done a tour but with Blonde hair, apart to wearing wigs.  I suppose she'll probably wear wigs on this tour as well.  Possibly a few blonde to represent some past looks. 

23 hours ago, tscott said:

Yes, but you can't dismiss "misogyny" or "ageism" because a lot of what Madonna does and wear is completely acceptable if someone younger is doing or wearing it.  I agree that for some it's personal taste, but that usually is based on one's idea of what someone should be doing at a certain age.  People know she's in her 60's and some people can't fathom seeing someone their Grandma's age doing the same things, or dressing the same way that they are or their children are dressing or acting like. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks, because Madonna will keep doing what she wants and no doubt it will continue to make people feel uncomfortable.  She's done this her whole entire career.  She keeps people talking about her and whether it's good or bad, she still keeps a lot of people interested and buying tickets to her shows. And if she dropped a new album tomorrow, all those "fans" who jump on the band wagon, criticizing her will be snatching it up, only to find fault or dissect it to death, sucking all the joy out of the album.  It's a never ending cycle!

I was referring to M's facial evolution, shall we say, as per the TikTok video, not how she dresses or acts.

The backlash is mostly an issue of taste, extremes, 'going overboard', etc re her visage (all personal, as I said).

If you isolate it, this is not particularly ageist or misogynistic, as M framed it in her latest IG post. That's her deflecting.

3 hours ago, RebelHeart97 said:

I really need the blonde hair and the brows back ASAP M!!! I’m over the no brows and copper hair. We need the classic M look for the tour.

33E733E3-D731-46E9-9BC5-9F16BB3181C7.jpeg

Sorry but no. She's had that look for over a decade. It's really refreshing that she's experimenting with looks again. That changing look element has always been a very important part of her success and she stayed in her confort zone for too long in my opinion. The girl didn't dare to dye her hair in any other color than blond for like 15 years ! The fact that she's a chameleon again means that she's back to pushing enveloppes again so i wouldnt encourage her to go back in her safe bubble look wise. Just like on the 80's, 90's and 00's there are some looks that we love and some that we don't but that's part of the game. Let her have fun please !

On 2/11/2023 at 10:40 AM, diegolcl said:

When people are so grossed out by her appearance that they wish she retire, die, go away, "age gracefully" etc it is ageism and misogyny. Plain and simple.

A lot of people don't like the way Zac Efron looks after his cosmetic surgeries, but they don't wish those things on him.

You're conflating a bunch of opinions there.

Essentially, the general public is responding to what they feel is a distasteful degree of procedures carried out to her face.

The backlash started based on the footage of her introducing Sam and Kim, way before those 'unflattering photos' went viral.

I was watching the show and Twitter live, and it was obvious to many that she looked bloated and unusual when animated.

Such work looks better in a still photo (Facetuned or not) compared to in motion, and this appearance revealed that.

1 hour ago, Vas said:

I was referring to M's facial evolution, shall we say, as per the TikTok video, not how she dresses or acts.

The backlash is mostly an issue of taste, extremes, 'going overboard', etc re her visage (all personal, as I said).

If you isolate it, this is not particularly ageist or misogynistic, as M framed it her latest IG post. That's her deflecting.

But that's mostly due to filters and photoshop.  Everyone uses them, but oddly Madonna isn't supposed to?  But that's an entirely different discussion.  Her issue was over how her message was lost at the Grammys, and why she was even there was overlooked, over the media concentrating on how she looked, and purposely using the most worst still shot of her when we all know she didn't look that bad.  In some instances, some people distorted the image even more to make her look even worse (Piers Morgan).  But again, all they rather talk about is how awful she looked and question how far she's gone with cosmetic work. This seems to happen all the time with her now.  Meanwhile, I don't see eons of discussions and criticisms on Tom Cruise's cosmetic work.  I don't see multiple entertainment/news shows devoting segments of their shows on how he looks, every time he makes an appearance and so on. 

Also, no one says that men are completely escaping criticism for how they look, but the point is, that's all the media concentrates on with Madonna anymore.  It is totally misogynistic, and I'm not sure why you are trying to downplay that?  It's not just an issue of personal taste, some are just being completely nasty about it which is uncalled for.  And let's not pretend that in most cases than not, women's appearances (especially in the entertainment business) tend to take front row center to anything they do versus to any male who is making appearances. You rarely hear or see the media spending much time on how awful men look.

1 hour ago, tscott said:

But that's mostly due to filters and photoshop.  Everyone uses them, but oddly Madonna isn't supposed to?  But that's an entirely different discussion.  Her issue was over how her message was lost at the Grammys, and why she was even there was overlooked, over the media concentrating on how she looked, and purposely using the most worst still shot of her when we all know she didn't look that bad.  In some instances, some people distorted the image even more to make her look even worse (Piers Morgan).  But again, all they rather talk about is how awful she looked and question how far she's gone with cosmetic work. This seems to happen all the time with her now.  Meanwhile, I don't see eons of discussions and criticisms on Tom Cruise's cosmetic work.  I don't see multiple entertainment/news shows devoting segments of their shows on how he looks, every time he makes an appearance and so on. 

Also, no one says that men are completely escaping criticism for how they look, but the point is, that's all the media concentrates on with Madonna anymore.  It is totally misogynistic, and I'm not sure why you are trying to downplay that?  It's not just an issue of personal taste, some are just being completely nasty about it which is uncalled for.  And let's not pretend that in most cases than not, women's appearances (especially in the entertainment business) tend to take front row center to anything they do versus to any male who is making appearances. You rarely hear or see the media spending much time on how awful men look.

If Tom has had any work done, the general public's probably not talking about it because it's subtle and 'tasteful'?

I am certain that if peak-bloatedness Zac Efron graced such a stage, Twitter would have gone into overdrive about it too.

The Grammys stage is a big one, and most of the GP don't see M's face moving until she is on their screens in this way.

Simon Cowell recently went viral over his 'botched' face as seen in a low-key promo video, and the comments were nasty.

Anyway, moving on.