Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

I have just watched Madonna's participation in the 2023 Grammys again and in greater detail (the only part of the ceremony that caught my attention since all the other artists who performed did not interest me in the slightest) and I cannot find any error in her speech. The message she gave was impeccable and she was sure of herself. Although it is true the reaction of the public was quite cold (colder than the public that appeared in the dvd of the Confessions Tour) I think that the Grammy is characterized by being a more discreet ceremony compared to the Mtvs where everything is merriment and uncontrolled emotions. That's why I think that Madonna shouldn't have been too challenging with the public by demanding more emotion and intensity in the applause.

By the way, I just have a question: does anyone know who this artist is who appears with a disgusted look on his face after Madonna finishes her speech? I personally don't know him (I only know artists who transcend outside their country and globally) and I was surprised that they focused on someone making that gesture of disinterest and annoyance when the ideal should have been that they would focus on someone clapping with an approving smile on their face. . Only that detail displeased me, but Madonna's participation in the Grammys was, for me, excellent.

vlcsnap-2023-02-11-18h46m25s652.png.5d51e84221a11ea285224dab929a1787.png

9 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

By the way, I just have a question: does anyone know who this artist is who appears with a disgusted look on his face after Madonna finishes her speech?

vlcsnap-2023-02-11-18h46m25s652.png.5d51e84221a11ea285224dab929a1787.png

That's Nile Rodgers, a legendary producer who produced Like a Virgin. He recently attended M's promo of FIL.

He definitely wasn't disgusted or whatever it is you thought, he's certainly a Madonna supporter. I am also surprised you don't recognize such a music legend? He most certainly "transcends outside of his country and globally", he's one of the biggest best known producers in the history of modern music.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChIUU95gpKh

20 minutes ago, androiduser said:

That's Nile Rodgers, a legendary producer who produced Like a Virgin. He recently attended M's promo of FIL.

He definitely wasn't disgusted or whatever it is you thought, he's certainly a Madonna supporter. I am also surprised you don't recognize such a music legend? He most certainly "transcends outside of his country and globally", he's one of the biggest best known producers in the history of modern music.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChIUU95gpKh

What a shame!!!!!  is he seriously Nile Rodgers? Although I have heard his name many times thanks to Madonna, I had not seen an image of him. I don't really know the physical appearance of many of her producers, particularly it is a subject that does not interest me too much. Nelle Hooper or Patrick Leonard are other producers that I know who they are but I've never seen a picture of them. What a shame to look ridiculous or ignorant despite considering myself an ultra fan of Madonna but in my defense I believe that as a fan you don't have to know everything and it's always good to learn. But what does continue to call my attention is the strange gesture he makes when he should appear smiling but well there must be some explanation, surely he wanted to go to the bathroom or he felt bad, I don't know, but verifying that he is a friend of Madonna my theory is completely discarded.

16 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

What a shame!!!!!  is he seriously Nile Rodgers? Although I have heard his name many times thanks to Madonna, I had not seen an image of him. I don't really know the physical appearance of many of her producers, particularly it is a subject that does not interest me too much. Nelle Hooper or Patrick Leonard are other producers that I know who they are but I've never seen a picture of them. What a shame to look ridiculous or ignorant despite considering myself an ultra fan of Madonna but in my defense I believe that as a fan you don't have to know everything and it's always good to learn. But what does continue to call my attention is the strange gesture he makes when he should appear smiling but well there must be some explanation, surely he wanted to go to the bathroom or he felt bad, I don't know, but verifying that he is a friend of Madonna my theory is completely discarded.

When we get older our cheekbones get harder and worser,so maybe that's why he couldnt smile

My goofy self doesn't know his age but I'm not sure if someone who collaborated with Madonna in 1980 can be considered young

1 hour ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Ok, are you being serious?  This is Nile Rodgers.  The man who produced the Like A Virgin album.  He's iconic; long before he worked with Madonna.  Not only has he crafted a many 70's iconic hits, he is also credited to producing David Bowie and Duran Duran 80's Iconic albums.   He was not being disrespectful of Madonna in anyway.  He's always spoken highly of Madonna and credited her to being very hands on when producing the LAV album.  You're reading far too much into the expression captured here.  Niles loves Madonna.  The two are cool!  The two recently were together earlier this summer. You shouldn't assume malicious intent based on a snap shot. This expression has nothing to do with Madonna, I guarantee you that.

1 hour ago, tscott said:

Ok, are you being serious?  This is Nile Rodgers.  The man who produced the Like A Virgin album.  He's iconic; long before he worked with Madonna.  Not only has he crafted a many 70's iconic hits, he is also credited to producing David Bowie and Duran Duran 80's Iconic albums.   He was not being disrespectful of Madonna in anyway.  He's always spoken highly of Madonna and credited her to being very hands on when producing the LAV album.  You're reading far too much into the expression captured here.  Niles loves Madonna.  The two are cool!  The two recently were together earlier this summer. You shouldn't assume malicious intent based on a snap shot. This expression has nothing to do with Madonna, I guarantee you that.

Believe me I didn't know. I mean I knew him only by name but not by his physical appearance. Thanks to the clarification from a fellow forum member, now I know who Nile Rodgers is physically and that gesture he makes at the Grammys definitely has nothing to do with Madonna. I will definitely have to google all of Madonna's producers to find out what they look like physically and not screw up with my questions again in the future.

By the way, I remember that something similar also happened when Madonna gave an award to Camila Cabello at the MTVs and that is that while Camila paid homage to Madonna they focused on the public and all the artists appeared smiling except two women whose gestures denoted boredom and disapproval. I would like to put that image but... what if those two women turn out to be Madonna's best friends? No, I better leave the subject there because I am afraid of making a fool of myself again due to my ignorance.

2 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Believe me I didn't know. I mean I knew him only by name but not by his physical appearance. Thanks to the clarification from a fellow forum member, now I know who Nile Rodgers is physically and that gesture he makes at the Grammys definitely has nothing to do with Madonna. I will definitely have to google all of Madonna's producers to find out what they look like physically and not screw up with my questions again in the future.

By the way, I remember that something similar also happened when Madonna gave an award to Camila Cabello at the MTVs and that is that while Camila paid homage to Madonna they focused on the public and all the artists appeared smiling except two women whose gestures denoted boredom and disapproval. I would like to put that image but... what if those two women turn out to be Madonna's best friends? No, I better leave the subject there because I am afraid of making a fool of myself again due to my ignorance.

Don’t stress over it darl. Nile Rogers is a music legend , yes, but he is not that well known these days.

2 hours ago, scion said:

@chaosmen1984mk take this opportunity to look up Nile’s band CHIC - I guarantee you’ll know virtually every hit they had. Excellent band me heavily, heavily influential in Disco. Brilliant stuff. Nile always seems a nice guy too.

Chic was amazing, especially Le Freak was a major hit everywhere.

55 minutes ago, sara94 said:

All the hype and joy for the tour is frozen thanks to that grammy appearance. Its such a pity. She finally made some positive headlines after what felt like a decade, but noo, it had to be ruined.

It's not ruined. What are you talking about ? I see more and more INTERESTING people defending her and shaming haters. Trolls, rags and the usual bunch of rancid right wingers are murdering her like they do for everything they can't control. Be patient, the tide is turning against them. 

2 hours ago, sara94 said:

All the hype and joy for the tour is frozen thanks to that grammy appearance. Its such a pity. She finally made some positive headlines after what felt like a decade, but noo, it had to be ruined.

Uh huh. Who are you? Lol like seriously now...girl bye  xo 🤣🤣🤣

9 hours ago, f78k said:

Getting ready for the tour…

D2E22CB7-FE13-49DC-808E-73FBAFC1B2BE.jpeg

If she's dating him, that's good. His IG says he's a former NFL player and he's a boxer now so he's at least dedicated and motivated toward something. Better influence on her than dating some pot head sideshow Bob looking goober