Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

The Like A Virgin corset has oxyded ! Gaultier said it was a nightmare even then because it was oxyding already. The second one is the prototype so she even has the prototype. The shorts were supposed to be worn during "La Isla Bonita" before it was switched for "Holiday" and Marlene Stewart had to make a costume for it. The pics are old but there's a reason why she posted them now, meaning, maybe, she's gonna wear them again or copies next tour, or the dancers.

A trip to my archives is always a nostalgic trip down memory lane!
If I think about my journey through music over the last 4 decades— how could I not think about all the incredible clothes I got to wear and all the amazing designers I was lucky enough to work with!!

When I was a little girl I remember my mother was always cold. Partly because she was sick but also because she never had a coat.
She always spent what little money we had on our coats and I remember standing outside waiting for the schoolbus With my mother shivering in the cold in the middle of winter!!

Years later when I became successful my mother’s sister said to me, “Now You can buy all the coats your mother couldn’t buy for herself!”

The journey from the memory of my shivering mother in Winter to me shivering in the over air-conditioned storage space where all my costumes are stored is quite remarkable!
I am overwhelmed with gratitude.

Every time I put on an incredible coat I think of my Mother.
I hope she likes my taste in costumes
But most of all i hope she’s warm! 

That part TRULY TRULY breaks my heart. my eyes are TRULY teary now

343422002_1922368561457047_7945974783089073976_n.jpg

OH MY AGELESS GODDESS!!!!!! Look at her!!! She TRULY lost so much weight!!!! She is TRULY slim now!!! TRULY Thanks to her famous popcorn diet!!! The Queen of TOUR is TRULY BACK!!! And I TRULY love her TRULY gorgeous red hair!! That color is TRULY fresh and TRULY looking good on her!! I TRULY love this paparazzi photos!!!!!

10000000_940701067116323_3314016327095540946_n.mp4_20230425_084233.322.jpg

10000000_940701067116323_3314016327095540946_n.mp4_20230425_084102.121.jpg

7 minutes ago, teammadonna said:

OH MY AGELESS GODDESS!!!!!! Look at her!!! She TRULY lost so much weight!!!! She is TRULY slim now!!! TRULY Thanks to her famous popcorn diet!!! The Queen of TOUR is TRULY BACK!!! And I TRULY love her TRULY gorgeous red hair!! That color is TRULY fresh and TRULY looking good on her!! I TRULY love this paparazzi photos!!!!!

10000000_940701067116323_3314016327095540946_n.mp4_20230425_084233.322.jpg

10000000_940701067116323_3314016327095540946_n.mp4_20230425_084102.121.jpg

You TRULY love using the word TRULY, don't you TRULY! 

Just now, BuggedOut said:

Wasn’t it a shade of purple? 

I vastly preferred it ti the beige one.

Yeah it was like a lavender color

2 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Love her American Life tribute award speech!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CrZ_PdsrY4X/?igshid=Mzc1MmZhNjY=

OH MY AGELESS Beautiful GODDESS!! She TRULY hasn't changed a bit since then!  TRULY TRULY Thank you for sharing this TRULY ABSOLUTELY amazing video!!

I always wondered what the film reels contain - a master reel of the film, extras, b rolls etc. I know Miramax probably went through several changes, sales, different hands after Weinstein so I wonder who would own that now/if it exists.

It's lovely to see her going through her archives and seeing those legendary pieces again!

16 minutes ago, dylanlioncourt said:

I always wondered what the film reels contain - a master reel of the film, extras, b rolls etc. I know Miramax probably went through several changes, sales, different hands after Weinstein so I wonder who would own that now/if it exists.

It's lovely to see her going through her archives and seeing those legendary pieces again!

I agree! Although she did post herself doing the exact same things years ago - around the BA anniversary - and nothing came from it :/ Hopefully this is actually progress!

21 minutes ago, dylanlioncourt said:

The labels on the Truth or Dare boxes suggest its different versions of the film’s soundtrack (or the film itself) as it went through different phases of audio mixing. One mentions foley another mentions dubbing. Some are mono, some are stereo. They’re in 4-track format, whatever they is, and the Dolby logo is on all of them.

Usually with concert films, the audio mixing is done by the artist’s team, not the filmmaker’s team, right? I know Queen did the sound mixes for all their concert movies.