Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

2 hours ago, Kacper said:

I mean the standard version is cool. Expanded edition is sore for my eyes. I'm not a fan of monochrome photos. 

71VQ4jrUzLL.jpg

I don't think that the 'Rebel Heart' tittle matches an advert of sanitary napkins.

I never understood the standard edition / cover. 

56 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

I don't think that the 'Rebel Heart' tittle matches an advert of sanitary napkins.

I never understood the standard edition / cover. 

For me the expanded edition is the iconic, real one, I agree, the other its like an imitation of Marilyn Monroe or something and does not fix the tittle or the music inside at all.

14 hours ago, Kacper said:

I mean the standard version is cool. Expanded edition is sore for my eyes. I'm not a fan of monochrome photos. 

71VQ4jrUzLL.jpg

I really love this cover.  Though, I really like the Deluxe and Super Deluxe just as much.  The problem I have with the standard edition is NOT the cover, but the fact they didn't even include the title track. 

The only cover of Rebel Heart that is good is the licorice around her face.

It’s weird and that’s one of the things we love about M.

And the only cover of Madame X that is good is the one where she’s blonde looking up to the side, like a Babushka.

Oh and the one of her with a guitar is good!

Anything but that awful Connie Chung cover.

I think both Rebel Heart and Madame X have artworks that misrepresent their content.

RH is a mess of its own as an album so it would have been difficult to come up with something cohesive, but Madame X is not as dark, mature or serious as the standard and deluxe cover arts come across.

The Standard cover of Rebel Heart represents the Heart. The Super Deluxe the Rebel , And the Deluxe both — Her rebellion against constraint, while still remaining a romantic.

The songs whether quirky, brazen, inspirational or romantic have one thing in common which helps them blend well together: when stripped down they are all melodious. 

The Standard cover of Madame X resembles her mother. Listening to Madame X is like poring over old Madonna family photos.

13 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

And the only cover of Madame X that is good is the one where she’s blonde looking up to the dude, like a Babushka.

It was clearly an after-thought with its cropped/blurry photo and bung-eyeballs editing.

It had to have been chosen by the label as a more palatable version for all the basics out in the general public.

M's intended album cover was the painterly black wig close-up, with the Frida eyebrow and sewn lips graphics.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lip_sewing which explains how this can be used as a form of protest.

3 hours ago, Starchild said:

It was clearly an after-thought with its cropped/blurry photo and bung-eyeballs editing.

It had to have been chosen by the label as a more palatable version for all the basics out in the general public.

M's intended album cover was the painterly black wig close-up, with the Frida eyebrow and sewn lips graphics.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lip_sewing which explains how this can be used as a form of protest.

Yes. The cover where she looks like Connie Chung.

I loathe it.

The weeknd posted a pic from the Like A Prayer video on Twitter from the Cannes film festival.

I noticed a few weeks back that Madonna had followed Lily Rose Depp on social media. First i thought Depp/Paradis 's daughter auditionned to play her in the biopic but now i'm wondering if Madonna is involved in The Idol. We know she has been close to Jeremy O. Harris, one of The Idol and Euphoria showrunner. Maybe she's making a cameo or that Max Martin track was written for the show. 

29 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

The weeknd posted a pic from the Like A Prayer video on Twitter from the Cannes film festival.

I noticed a few weeks back that Madonna had followed Lily Rose Depp on social media. First i thought Depp/Paradis 's daughter auditionned to play her in the biopic but now i'm wondering if Madonna is involved in The Idol. We know she has been close to Jeremy O. Harris, one of The Idol and Euphoria showrunner. Maybe she's making a cameo or that Max Martin track was written for the show. 

Interesting.  Mike Dean is involved as well as a cast member and is credited as a writer/producer on the first single "Double Fantasy".  Though, I get the impression the album from the series "The Idol Vol. 1" is actually a follow up companion album of Weeknd tracks.  So I don't see it being a vehicle for her song with Max Martin. But since he's covered Lennon's "Jealous Guy", he may have done a cover of one of her songs or one of her songs is sampled (such as Like a Prayer). 

Maybe there is more music coming from it other than his companion album called "The Idol Vol. 1"?  

11 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

Well on instagram he hasn't changed his name.

Yes, and I don't see why this should be a big deal since ABEL TESFAYE  is his REAL name.  Maybe he's gotten to a period in his career, he prefers to go by his real name.  The Weeknd served him well, but maybe when he first started, is real name may have been suggested to him that it may not sell for him. That isn't an uncommon thing to happen.  He probably bought into it and now since he has had success, decided to revert to his real name.  I understand this. Knowing how the entertainment industry tends to dictate how new artists are perceived even with their real name.  Entertainers have been challenged with this issue for decades.

56 minutes ago, Alm47 said:

It's just his name. 😅

So true.  Also, the reason why he chose "The Weeknd". dropping the "e" is due to legal/trademark issues.  Another band was using "Weekend", so he couldn't use the correct spelling. That being said, using "The Weeknd"  served him well and he found a lot of success with it.  I imagine he will continue success because he's a very talented individual.