Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

On 8/1/2020 at 12:23 AM, Roland Barthes said:

Stop looking at celebrities like they are superhumans and act surprised when they behave like they believe they are. Madonna is not perfect.

nobody is perfect and nobody should expect madonna to be. that being said, her from instagram removed post was a new low for her, putting her in the box with all these other conspiracy theorists.

what we – at least – can expect from someone her age, wisdom and wealth is that she should know better. this pandemic is no joke.

Edited by nodoman (see edit history)

16 hours ago, nodoman said:

nobody is perfect and nobody should expect madonna to be. that being said, her from instagram removed post was a new low for her, putting her in the box with all these other conspiracy theorists.

what we – at least – can expect from someone her age, wisdom and wealth is that she should know better. this pandemic is no joke.

I agree that this pandemic is no joke but we can no longer believe that age + wealth = wisdom* like we used to...too many examples that this is not true, look at Trump :)

Madonna was always able to tap into the mainstream because she used to feel its pulse by oing out and interract with the world but since she moved back to the United States from England a decade ago she isolated herself so much, surrounded herself with minions only....she's not intellectually challenged by her dancers (a glimpse at their social media accounts and you know they are not the sharpest knives in the drawer) by friends who are not on her payroll. I think something has changed in her after the adoption of David and especially the worldwide backlash she got for it, she expected more support from friends and family and did not get it. Somthing already changed after the riding accident between her and Guy. Christopher's book coming on the heels of all that and turning 50 which she seems to have dreaded...Caresse's suicide....A lot happenned. She also got fucked by Tracy Anderson and the guy who usd to run her Raising Malawi charity. Movies did not work. there are a lot of reason for her to have isolated so much. And that cut her off from the world, from mainstream pop culture.

And as hard as it is to read some criticsm that is being made, it's a good thing her own fans are calling her out because it comes from a place of love and not hate. After, for most of us, she's the one who taugh us to challenge other people on their beliefs.

*a new study shows a decline in cognitive capacities in boomers no matter the gender, race, wealth... https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2020-08/osu-bbs073120.php?fbclid=IwAR1x9O-OvuvyXJ4zzp5yWAorjwvj_OLqD-D_YpZ2yFE65DZjN7mlzDpgJOw

18 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

(...) since she moved back to the United States from England a decade ago she isolated herself so much, surrounded herself with minions only....she's not intellectually challenged by her dancers (a glimpse at their social media accounts and you know they are not the sharpest knives in the drawer) by friends who are not on her payroll. I think something has changed in her after the adoption of David and especially the worldwide backlash she got for it, she expected more support from friends and family and did not get it. Somthing already changed after the riding accident between her and Guy. Christopher's book coming on the heels of all that and turning 50 which she seems to have dreaded...Caresse's suicide....A lot happenned. She also got fucked by Tracy Anderson and the guy who usd to run her Raising Malawi charity. Movies did not work. there are a lot of reason for her to have isolated so much. 

I agree with most of you say here.

I am curious about the Raising Malawi thing though, what happened there?

2 hours ago, NowRadiate said:

I agree with most of you say here.

I am curious about the Raising Malawi thing though, what happened there?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/mar/25/madonna-malawi-charity-squandered-millions

Millions werestolen from the charity by the ex director Philippe Van Den Bossch who was also Tracy Anderson's bf.

8 hours ago, Ayham said:

I believe she should not share any celebrations this year... keep it to yourself girl... the world is falling apart... let’s have some respect to all the people who are suffering atm. ? & again the virus is still everywhere yet all are masks free. It’s ridiculous.

No offense, but you know what Madonna would say to that! She'd tell you to "fuck off".  If any time to share her celebration, it is this year. Show the world, she's not letting a virus dominate her life. It's not ridiculous to celebrate life with people you love. Show the world that there is something more than doom and gloom going on.

• Fighter locked and unlocked this topic
  • Fighter unpinned, locked, unlocked and pinned this topic