Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

On 10/4/2020 at 4:24 AM, Shoful said:

This is so sad. Wht is she leaving? Doesn’t David have 2 more years of school?

There's a rumour going around that he left Benfica for an american sports team. Don't know if that's true though, but would explain her leaving (I don't think she'd move if David stayed here)...

3 hours ago, Dito said:

There's a rumour going around that he left Benfica for an american sports team. Don't know if that's true though, but would explain her leaving (I don't think she'd move if David stayed here)...

Ahh okay. I will say that I’m super sad she’s leaving Lisbon. I feel like it’s been such a creative phase for her. Easily her best work since Confessions! 

I'm new here but some of the stuff that has been posted about Madonna's instagram behaviour in this thread has really struck a chord with me and what I have been thinking for a long time. 

I had to unfollow her a while ago due to her bizarre posts and videos. All these moments where people are chanting and eating pizza while she drops herself into an ice bath. I can't think of any more but I think people can come up with other examples. It's all just... bizarre. It feels like these people have been paid to be with her rather than actual friends. I'm aware her children are with her too and that's sweet but it is still, to me, weird. Maybe this is the way her life has always been and that's how she rolls. That's cool. Maybe it's me wanting to seperate the art from the artist in my head and unfollwing her allows me to keep the 'untouchable star' version of Madonna more real to me when I listen to her music. 

Anyway, I could ramble on more but I think you get the picture. I just wish she handled social media a little differently and kept up the mysterious aura that she had maintained up until these last few years or so. Sometimes I'm just like 'WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TAKE AWAY HER PHONE?!'. I guess M is a bad bitch like we know and no one, good or bad will ever tell her what to do

funny face 80s GIF

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Social media isnt real.

I just think she doesnt give a rat’s ass as to what people “perceive”.

People weaponize language and express outrage over the littlest thing because thats the only emotion they know how to feel.

Im just glad im not one of those poor souls who doesnt have a sense of humour about things.

I feel her mysterious aura is quite intact. The most interesting art does not follow the rules and will show little if any control on how it's perceived especially if that art is built on irony. 

Madonna is a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend but towards her fans and the public she is an artist. That is the nature of the relationship she has with us. How do we percieve her? 

• Fighter locked and unlocked this topic
  • Fighter unpinned, locked, unlocked and pinned this topic