Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

10 hours ago, Pretender1978 said:

I mentioned the inauguration, the riots and Trump and juxtaposed them with M’s elitist holiday, not because I think she is selfish, but because I’m confused by her message. For the past 20 years if not longer, she has been political about just about everything, it is in big part why I love her so much. As someone mentioned before, the persona that emerged during MDNA tour, all the speeches and pop up performances during Rebel Heart, the whole Madame X concept were all very political and activist, propagating tolerance, equality and freedom of speech. So it is bewildering to me, that at the hight of the tumultuous political climate in America, at the hight of a pandemic that none of us have witnessed before, she is checking out. And yes, even if I don’t necessarily think it comes from selfishness I do think it is irresponsible to disregard these things in your online activity and not use her voice and her audience for the greater good as she has often done before. Furthermore I do have serious troubles with her actions during her holiday, it is one thing how you decide to act in your own home and how many people you want to invite regardless of how dangerous and irresponsible that is, but to impose that behavior on others by visiting them without taking proper safety measures to protect them is baffling to me. Even more so because she will never let us forget how much the Aids epidemic affected her and her surroundings, she was such a good advocate on protecting yourself and your partners back then, it is mind boggling she hasn’t made the connection. But I’m digressing, my point is, her online presence is in stark contrast with her message of the past, which puts her sincerity in a questionable light.
As for the lockdown situation, we all know that the US has a different way of handeling this pandemic, and it’s different for every state as well, but I think we can also safely state that that has more to do with politics than the advise of virologists.
I am from the Netherlands, which is a kingdom (let’s not get into how ridiculous that is) recently our king thought it was alright to go on a holiday to Greece in his private jet while the rest of the country is still in limbo how we will exit this crisis, he had to return upon landing in Greece because of the uproar this caused, I would expect the same from a queen ;-)

She's not checking out, she goes on with her life.

What is she supposed to do? Put her life on hold because the US is in turmoil?

If we all do that, we wont get a lot done in the coming years.

She's an artist and a businesswoman and she is tending to her business.

Because she has an album called American Life, she would have to be holding meetings at the Senate?

Not everyone has to have an opinion about everything, and not expressing said opinion doesnt mean you agree with or support what's going on.

I just dont understand the correlation youre trying to make with Madonna, her travels, and whats going on in the States.

Maybe she shouldnt be traveling, but maybe she has to and chooses to take every precaution involved. The woman was one of the first to engage in discourse about safe sex and has lived through another epidemic: AIDS. So im assuming she has an understanding of risk assessment and what it means for her and her loved ones. She also probably isnt taking it likely as she has seen alot of people  (her friends) die from not receiving treatment for AIDS related illnesses.

Maybe, just maybe, she is making sure it isn't the case this time.

She also knows ressources are limited in the countries she is visiting and might be there to see how she can help and how the pandemic is being handled (if I'd invested in Malawi, id want to see for myself how things are managed and how my money is spent).

Maybe she shows pictures of herself being tested there to prove to people (who ABSOLUTELY need the proof) that they are providing testing over there and the sick are being taken care of.

Instead of assuming the worst, how about we trust.

7 hours ago, Madame Madonna said:

Fortunately, the elephant did not actually hit Madonna in the face. Madonna instinctively dodged very quickly.

image.png.398e9ea60c2234a477e7858092413a77.png

image.png.f88e3c9ee0de66a5b0f24394e7215ebf.png

Well, I’m still laughing at my housemate’s comment when I showed him the video. In his words: “Like that’s the first time she’s had something long slap her around the face... I’m surprised she even recoiled!” ? ? 

Edited by madfan13_86 (see edit history)

17 hours ago, Pretender1978 said:

I mentioned the inauguration, the riots and Trump and juxtaposed them with M’s elitist holiday, not because I think she is selfish, but because I’m confused by her message. For the past 20 years if not longer, she has been political about just about everything, it is in big part why I love her so much. As someone mentioned before, the persona that emerged during MDNA tour, all the speeches and pop up performances during Rebel Heart, the whole Madame X concept were all very political and activist, propagating tolerance, equality and freedom of speech. So it is bewildering to me, that at the hight of the tumultuous political climate in America, at the hight of a pandemic that none of us have witnessed before, she is checking out. And yes, even if I don’t necessarily think it comes from selfishness I do think it is irresponsible to disregard these things in your online activity and not use her voice and her audience for the greater good as she has often done before. Furthermore I do have serious troubles with her actions during her holiday, it is one thing how you decide to act in your own home and how many people you want to invite regardless of how dangerous and irresponsible that is, but to impose that behavior on others by visiting them without taking proper safety measures to protect them is baffling to me. Even more so because she will never let us forget how much the Aids epidemic affected her and her surroundings, she was such a good advocate on protecting yourself and your partners back then, it is mind boggling she hasn’t made the connection. But I’m digressing, my point is, her online presence is in stark contrast with her message of the past, which puts her sincerity in a questionable light.
As for the lockdown situation, we all know that the US has a different way of handeling this pandemic, and it’s different for every state as well, but I think we can also safely state that that has more to do with politics than the advise of virologists.
I am from the Netherlands, which is a kingdom (let’s not get into how ridiculous that is) recently our king thought it was alright to go on a holiday to Greece in his private jet while the rest of the country is still in limbo how we will exit this crisis, he had to return upon landing in Greece because of the uproar this caused, I would expect the same from a queen ;-)

She has heard you

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKIcaFLBPNw/?igshid=9oe6siuj4mla

2 hours ago, alvaroliam said:

RIP Pinkdonna.

Her most interesting style reinvention in decades. We deserved a MV and a performance with that hair color, but at least we've got some good photoshoots. ?

I actually think she looks amazing in her new post & IG story as a blonde. Can’t believe she’s still editing the fucking MX tour video, though. Ffs. 

She looks good + cool that she’s working on this again... BUT...

I was watching tv just now and just thinking how sad is it that she couldn’t be bothered/wasn’t asked to participate at the inauguration celebration tonight. Springsteen was amazing. That’s a guy who knows how to grab the right opportunities and stay on top and powerful as a legend. M feels and looks so far removed from today’s music scene— she does her thing, of course, but kind of like in her own bubble. I’m sorry but even the MX Tour felt like an over-indulgent project for her and her hardcore fans. Like, no outsiders were invited. Then we wonder why Madonna is drifting slowly into oblivion legacy-wise... She really doesn’t put herself out there lately. It’s like she doesn’t want to do it. Especially if there isn’t a huge production backing her. An acoustic session like the one she did for Hilary in 2016 would’ve been amazing for this evening’s concert.

I really do hope she has a closer relationship with this administration than she did with Obama’s. Guy Oseary posted a pic today on his IG of when he met Biden so he better pull some strings AND make Madonna do something for them in the future. He should also warn her about not trying to be “funny” or irreverent with the President— girl, it doesn’t work lol.

To this day, I think it was HILARIOUS that Obama barely cared about meeting her when they finally did on Jimmy Fallon. She was all star struck as the story goes, but unfortunately, he was quite formal about it. Let’s hope Kamala or Biden add her to their Spotify playlists in the future? Obama never did. #notafan ? 

I don’t want Madonna associating too closely with any Presidential Administration. I voted for Biden purely to get Trump out,  but Biden is quite conservative  to moderate and mainstream. He opposes Medicare for All. I don’t see him making any major revolutionary or radical changes. 
I like it that she is a bit separate and does her own thing. I was drawn to her because I never fitted in anywhere. I would be disappointed if she became part of the establishment musical or political. 
Why are some people so concerned about other people’s opinions? Why does Madonna have to be popular with the general public for us to justify being a fan?

Why do you care if Biden or Kamala add her to their Spotify lists? Those lists are chosen by their staff and what they think will make them look good. It’s not as though they themselves actually listen to most of those artists..

I used to work in politics. I know how phony it is and how they avoid anything controversial and appeal to the lowest common denominator. Madonna needs to stay away from the lot of them. 

• Fighter locked and unlocked this topic
  • Fighter unpinned, locked, unlocked and pinned this topic