Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

oooooofffffff. ITS THE DAUGHTER OF QUEEN OF POP ATTITUDE FOR ME. I get it, hardcore fans would do anything to get close or to comment on her page. But Jesus... girlfriend is an adult. She's old enough to know how to be kind to people that admire her or her mom. Those ppl just commented to be nice. She didn't have to be a complete douche about it. THAT ASIDE... Fans going through Lola is not cute. Let the bitch live her life.

Man, I just feel sorry for Lola... imagine growing up and being CONSTANTLY attached to your mother's name, almost like living in her shadow 24/7, always being compared... you are not "Lola", you are "Madonna's daughter"... must get old realllyyy quick. Especially in the age of social media. 

Either way she doesn't need to interact so aggressively, lol. 

I'm sure Lola and Rocco think we, Madonna fans, are a pretty pathetic bunch (I have met a few myself lol). It must be weird for them to see the level of idolatry/worship and obsession that their mum inspires in so many people... worrying too, like we have no lives of our own. Even Madonna has clearly encouraged us to focus on our own lives, and also kept her distance from us—which is understanble. Truthfully, she has never been chummy with us, nor really made us feel like we owe her anything. Which doesn't mean she isn't thankful, but I'm convinced that she's the kind of person who truly believes that everything she has is mostly the result of hard work and discipline, even if MANY people (collaborators, enablers, industry members, boyfriends, lovers, friends, and fans, of course) have been instrumental for her success.

But going back to the topic, Lola clearly takes after her mother in terms of "sense of humour" and bitchiness. Unlike other celebrities and their children, these bunch have no interest in even pretending to like the public. Actually, I always giggled at hardcore fans waiting to see Madonna before and after shows during the MX Tour... Seriously, the woman NEVER stopped to say hi. And they still stood there (often in the cold) anxiously waiting for her. That's what Lola refers to when accusing of having "no life". Also, seeing some fans literally celebrating the fact that she's bullying them is truly pathetic, and it does expose how ridiculous social media is (in a worrying way). 

I'm also not going to pretend/imagine Madonna's kids are nice at all. Especially Lola and Rocco. Mercy does look like the kindest soul, but the others... Hm.... Rocco is really just like his dad—a posh, entitled brat. Even his choice of clothing for the recent trip to Africa made me think how much his attire looked like a distasteful throwback to the British Empire. Yuck. Some trivia: I met Guy back in 2011 at an event in one of his homes in Fitzrovia (central London) and I realised how much of an upper/middle-class chauvinistic bully he was. I was only a uni student then and it was quite heartbreaking, as I only realised afterwards how clever and sophisticated his bullying had been towards me and some of my friends. Oh well, you live, you learn. But yea, these kids... Stay away people haha.

Can we just please like Lola for Lola and not because she's Madonna's daughter? If you're gonna comment under her page even with the best intentions, compliment her or discuss what the post is about. You don't need to be bothering her about her mom. That's why she never usually uses social media.

2 hours ago, madfan13_86 said:

I realised how much of an upper/middle-class chauvinistic bully he was. I was only a uni student then and it was quite heartbreaking, as I only realised afterwards how clever and sophisticated his bullying had been towards me and some of my friends.

And yet, some fans absolutely swear he was the best thing to ever happen to her and aren't able to see that (as the majority of us do). I think it's the daddy effect.

PS: and we are all "somebody"s and "nobody"s. Even Madonna is a nobody to a lot of people I know. Let's not go down that path...

3 hours ago, madfan13_86 said:

I'm also not going to pretend/imagine Madonna's kids are nice at all. Especially Lola and Rocco. Mercy does look like the kindest soul, but the others... Hm.... Rocco is really just like his dad—a posh, entitled brat. 

This.
David doesn’t seem exactly “nice” either, unfortunately. Must have to do with the entire fame/children of the queen of pop thing.

I don't think any of us can imagine the pressure of being the most famous woman in the worlds child, (except for maybe me I'm certainly not honest with her all the time), so let's not with the character assassinations. Some of these people are just kids and some are just messing about with zero phucks of our opinions so maybe let's just move on. Madonna is fair game..her kids...nah. 

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

I don't think any of us can imagine the pressure of being the most famous woman in the worlds child, (except for maybe me I'm certainly not honest with her all the time), so let's not with the character assassinations. Some of these people are just kids and some are just messing about with zero pucks of our opinions so maybe let's just move on. Madonna is fair game..her kids...nah. 

But the fact that she is Madonna's daughter does not give her the right to basically bully fans like she was doing on Instagram. Some were just kind-heartily mentioning times they saw her and she was one step away from saying basically "kill yourselves"...

It's because of fans Madonna has a career in the first place, and Lola should acknowledge that her extremely privileged life came from that. So she should at least be nice or just ignore, although yes at the same time the fans shouldn't storm her with questions and whatever about her mother.

And she's already 24, an adult.

Lola may not think her life has been privileged. She may love her mom but think her life has been a bloody nightmare at times. Her father on a different continent. Her family and friends uprooted constantly, New siblings, Mother away and working a lot, Never seeing her grandparents, constant press attention and the second she steps out to insta on her own.... "tell your mom to release Madame X dvd" ?!?!?!!

like honestly.......Perish!!!

Money doesn't equal happiness. 

2 minutes ago, Dito said:

But the fact that she is Madonna's daughter does not give her the right to basically bully fans like she was doing on Instagram. Some were just kind-heartily mentioning times they saw her and she was one step away from saying basically "kill yourselves"...

It's because of fans Madonna has a career in the first place, and Lola should acknowledge that her extremely privileged life came from that. So she should have been nicer, although yes at the same time the fans shouldn't storm her with questions and whatever about her mother.

And she's already 24, an adult.

It seems like a harsh comeback... but if you truly analyze what this person said... He wasn't really asking her a question. 

"Remember playing the piano at Sticky & Sweet Tour?"

It's a lame attempt to force someone to engage. OF COURSE she remembers playing the piano on stage in front of thousands of people. Is she to be expected to meet every one of these asinine "questions" with a pure sense of joy? Is she to be expected to instantly travel back to that special time 40 thousand times a day. The person asking isn't looking for the answer to the question, they are looking for ANY SORT of engagement to be closer to their queen. It isn't genuine. I have no doubt that M had to have discussions with all of her kids about the types of people they will encounter being the child of someone like her. People who will literally say or ask or do anything to get ANY sort of acknowledgement from anyone remotely close to Madonna.  

I would also say... Just because she treated this guy like that doesn't mean she hates all Madonna fans. So it's unfair to take this disingenuous engagement and apply it to all of us. As most of us ARE NOT asking her stupid questions just to get something out of her. 

13 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

It seems like a harsh comeback... but if you truly analyze what this person said... He wasn't really asking her a question. 

"Remember playing the piano at Sticky & Sweet Tour?"

It's a lame attempt to force someone to engage. OF COURSE she remembers playing the piano on stage in front of thousands of people. Is she to be expected to meet every one of these asinine "questions" with a pure sense of joy? Is she to be expected to instantly travel back to that special time 40 thousand times a day. The person asking isn't looking for the answer to the question, they are looking for ANY SORT of engagement to be closer to their queen. It isn't genuine. I have no doubt that M had to have discussions with all of her kids about the types of people they will encounter being the child of someone like her. People who will literally say or ask or do anything to get ANY sort of acknowledgement from anyone remotely close to Madonna.  

I would also say... Just because she treated this guy like that doesn't mean she hates all Madonna fans. So it's unfair to take this disingenuous engagement and apply it to all of us. As most of us ARE NOT asking her stupid questions just to get something out of her. 

I agree that fans were being cynical and asking purely out of interest, but she also didn't have to reply like that. Both parties are wrong, imo.

Why couldn't she just ignore or say "don't ask me questions about my mother, I don't know anything" instead of "does your mother know you don't wash your ass"

Just now, Dito said:

I agree that fans were being cynical and asking purely out of interest, but she also didn't have to reply like that. Both parties are wrong, imo.

Why couldn't she just ignore or say "don't ask me questions about my mother, I don't know anything" instead of "does your mother know you don't wash your ass"

oh, no doubt. I know she went out of her way... but maybe she's trying to dissuade people from being like that on her instagram. 

• Fighter locked and unlocked this topic
  • Fighter unpinned, locked, unlocked and pinned this topic