Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

4 hours ago, Shoful said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLfsa2uBsyQ/?igshid=1rmamrvhcexc6
DEATH TO THE PATRIARCHY!

I wonder who she’s talking about. Did I miss something recently?

well she's either mad at the director for posting it or speaking about something else and relating it to the leak cos its what people are talking about idk...:confused:

I'm very confused right now. So Madonna post this at her instagram.

"The Patriarchy continues to try to crush my neck with their heavy boots, cut off my life force and take away my voice—Even those who call themselves artists..............You know who you are!!! DEATH TO THE PATRIARCHY! Now and Forever."

Then I found out that Meverick official instagram did post same Dark ballet photo and wrote about Madonn is comming. And Dark Ballet director did post director version of Dark Ballet MV then deleted it later.

So "the patriarchy and the those who call themselves artist" Madonna mentioned in her instagram post are Maverick and the director of Drak ballet, and Madonna is furious right now because Maverick and the director did released the director's version of Dark Ballet music video regardless of Madonna's will.

Am I right?

1 minute ago, Madame Madonna said:

I'm very confused right now. So Madonna post this at her instagram.

"The Patriarchy continues to try to crush my neck with their heavy boots, cut off my life force and take away my voice—Even those who call themselves artists..............You know who you are!!! DEATH TO THE PATRIARCHY! Now and Forever."

Then I found out that Meverick official instagram post same Dark ballet photo and wrote about Madonn is comming. And Dark Ballet director did post director version of Dark Ballet MV then deleted it later.

So "the patriarchy and the those who call themselves artist" Madonna mentioned in her instagram post are Maverick and the director of Drak ballet, and Madonna is furious right now because Maverick and the director did released the director's version of Dark Ballet music video regardless of Madonna's will.

Am I right?

I mean at the end of the day, the two videos are not that different to warrant her to be upset IMO. So I think it has to do with something else. Either the MX Tour film, her biopic, or new music (I know that's a reach). 

I feel like the "you know who you are" is going to have news media talking about this. 

2 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

it's still there, but they did lock it with a password. 

I see. I have to say I just interpreted it as her being upset about the 'Dark Ballet' director's cut and 'you know who you are' I thought was in reference to the director. At least maybe I hope that is what it is - a storm in a teacup. I hope it's nothing more major! 

Edited by Suedehead (see edit history)

Sorry but I really don’t understand. I can’t see how this has anything to do with the video director. If she were so upset with it she wouldn’t repost it and use (fan-made) still of her looking flawless. I think it’s more likely to just be some random Madonna ramble like most of the things she’s posts there. 

10 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

Sorry but I really don’t understand. I can’t see how this has anything to do with the video director. If she were so upset with it she wouldn’t repost it and use (fan-made) still of her looking flawless. I think it’s more likely to just be some random Madonna ramble like most of the things she’s posts there. 

She was upset about outtake photo leaks and she still reposted them all the time. She likes to make a statement and own things once they're out there......:thinker:  She really wishes only the officially approved stuff had ever been released.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

If it's about the director's cut of Dark Ballet then it seems strange that she would post the alternate footage anyway. I imagine her saying "my dark ballet not yours" could refer to Universal telling her what or what not to include in the biopic.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I don't think it's fair that she's being criticised for this to be honest. Just because she's rich does not retcon the sexism she's faced for almost forty years now.

It's important to be careful not to draw conclusions.

She could be upset at something else and is using the Director's cut image to make her point.

It is not necessarily in relation to the posting of the video.

Just because an explanation makes sense doesnt mean that that's it.

We dont know what she is talking about. Could be music-related, MX Tour-related. 

We cant be sure. Dont assume,

51 minutes ago, Shoful said:

It has to be about the biopic or MXT Dvd. I can’t imagine she’d post such an angry message about just a leaked video. 

Also wtf is Maverick talking about? Can someone explain how Maverick and Madonna are connected now. I thought she left them in like 2005?

Maverick is Guy Oseary's management company or something right? like a company of managers?

Actually considering she co-directed Dark Ballet she might not appreciate an unapproved "director's cut" being posted online? I don't know:confused: it might be unrelated to the video.... considering the video is about the patriarchy then it makes sense she'd use it to talk about something else and the leak might be a coincidence...

It's really odd with Madonna at times. She bangs on about the patriarchy and yet she so often surrounds herself with men professionally. Has a woman ever produced one of her records. Sure Tracy Young has remixed a couple and Starrah wrote a couple. The others were buy ins no ( Jewel, Bjork, the early hits), The only one i can think of who had a real hand in the early days was Mary Lambert. How many photographers, directors, producers, writers, choreographers has she used?

You know you could probably do a fair bit yourself mom by lifting other women up you know. 

• Fighter unpinned, locked, unlocked and pinned this topic