Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

5 minutes ago, steady75 said:

It's really odd with Madonna at times. She bangs on about the patriarchy and yet she so often surrounds herself with men professionally. Has a woman ever produced one of her records. Sure Tracy Young has remixed a couple and Starrah wrote a couple. The others were buy ins no ( Jewel, Bjork, the early hits), The only one i can think of who had a real hand in the early days was Mary Lambert. How many photographers, directors, producers, writers, choreographers has she used?

You know you could probably do a fair bit yourself mom by lifting other women up you know. 

Have you ever not posted anything hateful aimed at M? Asking for a friend...

The ongoing battle today is to toughen up the weak who rely on and or do not want to upset the patriarchy. I'd rather be unpopular. 

Madonna's challenge of the patriarchy in the 80's and 90's was new and exciting but now that we have had a "revenge of the patriarchy" in everything from music to politics in the last 20 years or so many are siding against her.

Stay strong Madonna. ?

21 minutes ago, steady75 said:

It's really odd with Madonna at times. She bangs on about the patriarchy and yet she so often surrounds herself with men professionally. Has a woman ever produced one of her records. Sure Tracy Young has remixed a couple and Starrah wrote a couple. The others were buy ins no ( Jewel, Bjork, the early hits), The only one i can think of who had a real hand in the early days was Mary Lambert. How many photographers, directors, producers, writers, choreographers has she used?

You know you could probably do a fair bit yourself mom by lifting other women up you know. 

A mess of an opinion. She literally broke down the door for women in pop so everyone else could follow.

Don't get it twisted peeps. I know she'd done heaps for women in the larger sense but you can't say that she hasn't largely worked with men exclusively throughout her entire career..in all disciplines. That was my point. Rhetoric and your own journey is one thing. Actively employing women in roles other than assistants and nannies is another. Liz was a mother figure and an excellent PR person and those others I mentioned. I don't think I'm hateful towards Madonna at all. I just think for myself..which is what she would want. 

1 minute ago, PaperFaces said:

She says down with Patriarchy. Not down with men,

It’s not the same thing.

are you talking to me? 

The problem she's complaining about is that men are controlling her speech, so you see how ironic it is that men are doing just that telling her how to be a proper feminist? It's not your place and it perpetuates the problem. 

8 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

I don’t think it’s about the video. More likely about the studio interfering with her vision of the biopic since that is what she seems focused on now and she says they are trying to take away her voice. 

why would she complain publicly about her internal affairs though?

anyway, she’s being cryptic and i don’t know how this post helps her with… who knows what.

12 minutes ago, Winn said:

Yes. Whenever I hear the words "oppressed woman" the first name that comes to mind always is Madonna.

Madonna.

She didn't say that, even tho why a woman like Madonna can't be oppressed? She didn't have it easy during her career, especially at 80s/90s. Taylor Swift is rich too but her whole discography is controlled by a man and she has to re-record it to own it. jj4.png 

8 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

She didn't say that, even tho why a woman like Madonna can't be oppressed? She didn't have it easy during her career, especially at 80s/90s. Taylor Swift is rich too but her whole discography is controlled by a man and she has to re-record it to own it. jj4.png 

The Beatles discography is owned by men too. Paul McCartney had to deal with all kinds of treachery to get his songs.

28 minutes ago, Winn said:

Yes. Whenever I hear the words "oppressed woman" the first name that comes to mind always is Madonna.

Madonna.

why? madonna can encounter discrimination for being a woman and clashes with the patriarchal system despite her being rich and famous.... money doesn't automatically mean societal privilege. 

2 hours ago, Fighter said:

why? madonna can encounter discrimination for being a woman and clashes with the patriarchal system despite her being rich and famous.... money doesn't automatically mean societal privilege. 

Can't we at least agree she's being a bit melodramatic? 

Considering the tone of her videos on Instagram, maybe she said "down with the patriarchy" jokingly and sarcastically, and everyone else is blowing it out of proportion. Something that tends to happen online.

Oh how I wish people would stop that, and just not assume the worst.

• Fighter unpinned, locked, unlocked and pinned this topic