Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

2 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Flappy Broken Noodle

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CLiKfxzBxeY/ 

She says she starting Pilates next week. Hopefully that means gearing up for promotion of the tour, if that's even a thing. 

This outfit is real cute too. 

What tour? She's about to film ver biopic

You only have to watch the recent Britney Spears documentary to see wealthy successful women can still face misogyny and sexism. Just like wealthy successful Black people can face racism such as being wrongfully arrested or abused by the police. 
What if she is thinking of calling the biopic Dark Ballet and she is having problems with the studio. I can definitely see her giving the movie an offbeat title instead of naming it Madonna or after one of her biggest hits. 

18 hours ago, Winn said:

Yeah but my point was that it happens to men, not just cuz she's a woman.

Anyway, I'm a woman so I dont care if the patriarchy gets a bit of a blowback.

Well in the 80s/90s she was mega successful but she was never getting the critical acclaim she deserved by shows like Grammys etc. The only reason i can think of is that she was a sexualy liberated woman and not just ..a woman.

Its interesting to think how she started collecting Grammys after the Erotica era. :kitty: Now you see albums with the same theme as Erotica and they get instantly acclaimed.

21 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Flappy Broken Noodle

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CLiKfxzBxeY/ 

She says she starting Pilates next week. Hopefully that means gearing up for promotion of the tour, if that's even a thing. 

This outfit is real cute too. 

I agree. I also love what madonna was wearing too.  ?

Edited by RebelBeauty (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Régine Filange said:

Well in the 80s/90s she was mega successful but she was never getting the critical acclaim she deserved by shows like Grammys etc. The only reason i can think of is that she was a sexualy liberated woman and not just ..a woman..

Yes I noticed she was snubbed by the Grammys in the '80s. Her first couple albums were hugely successful commercially, yet her first Grammy nom was for Crazy for You. Her first two albums were completely snubbed. For some reason, critics and awards strongly preferred Cyndi Lauper in the mid-'80s. I can kind of objectively understand critics not raving about her self-titled debut as it is a bit uneven with some filler tracks like "Think of Me" and "I Know It", but LAV is IMO a very consistent album that shows different sides of M's personality. 

32 minutes ago, Kae-Leah Williamson said:

Yes I noticed she was snubbed by the Grammys in the '80s. Her first couple albums were hugely successful commercially, yet her first Grammy nom was for Crazy for You. Her first two albums were completely snubbed. For some reason, critics and awards strongly preferred Cyndi Lauper in the mid-'80s. I can kind of objectively understand critics not raving about her self-titled debut as it is a bit uneven with some filler tracks like "Think of Me" and "I Know It", but LAV is IMO a very consistent album that shows different sides of M's personality. 

True Blue and Like a Prayer and Vogue got zero nominations. It's clear they're snubbing her.

On 2/20/2021 at 4:39 PM, RUADJAI said:

I mean at the end of the day, the two videos are not that different to warrant her to be upset IMO. So I think it has to do with something else. Either the MX Tour film, her biopic, or new music (I know that's a reach). 

I feel like the "you know who you are" is going to have news media talking about this. 

image.thumb.png.4f1b1d21cd476ed003a3fc1775d95c71.png

But it seems like my guessing is right.

#mydarkballet

#notyours

"The Patriarchy continues to try to crush my neck with their heavy boots, cut off my life force and take away my voice—Even those who call themselves artists..............You know who you are!!! DEATH TO THE PATRIARCHY! Now and Forever."

Then I found out that Meverick official instagram post same Dark ballet photo and wrote about Madonn is comming. And Dark Ballet director did post director version of Dark Ballet MV then deleted it later.

So "the patriarchy and the those who call themselves artist" Madonna mentioned in her instagram post are Maverick and the director of Drak ballet, and Madonna is furious right now because Maverick and the director did released the director's version of Dark Ballet music video regardless of Madonna's will.

continues to try to crush my neck with their heavy boots, cut off my life force and take away my voice Even those who call themselves artist(= the director of Drak ballet)

My (=Madonna) dark ballet 

Not yours (=director)

47 minutes ago, Madame Madonna said:

image.thumb.png.4f1b1d21cd476ed003a3fc1775d95c71.png

But it seems like my guessing is right.

#mydarkballet

#notyours

"The Patriarchy continues to try to crush my neck with their heavy boots, cut off my life force and take away my voice—Even those who call themselves artists..............You know who you are!!! DEATH TO THE PATRIARCHY! Now and Forever."

Then I found out that Meverick official instagram post same Dark ballet photo and wrote about Madonn is comming. And Dark Ballet director did post director version of Dark Ballet MV then deleted it later.

So "the patriarchy and the those who call themselves artist" Madonna mentioned in her instagram post are Maverick and the director of Drak ballet, and Madonna is furious right now because Maverick and the director did released the director's version of Dark Ballet music video regardless of Madonna's will.

continues to try to crush my neck with their heavy boots, cut off my life force and take away my voice Even those who call themselves artist(= the director of Drak ballet)

My (=Madonna) dark ballet 

Not yours (=director)

Yeah, I get what you mean. That's basically what we were all thinking. But it seems a bit irrational to be so upset about a video that isn't THAT different. Not to mention, most of the time M views her collaborations as just that, a collaboration. So I couldn't see her lashing out at the director when it's equally his work as well.

It would also be kind of weird for this rich white woman to be screaming she's being oppressed by her black director collaborator about a video they made about trans oppression.  I mean, she's more than welcome to do it I suppose. But the optics aren't really that great. 

I think something else happened and she just used the video cuz that's what was on her profile when she was scrolling like a teenager,  perhaps. 

I sort of get her anger about the Dark Ballet video. She purposely removed herself from much of the edit for the focus to be on trans black and intersectional struggles  and not make it about her. To put more of her in the edit doesn’t just mess with the artistic vision, it alters the focus... and that is not cool. 
So yeah I’m sort of with her if that’s the issue. 

8 hours ago, steady75 said:

I sort of get her anger about the Dark Ballet video. She purposely removed herself from much of the edit for the focus to be on trans black and intersectional struggles  and not make it about her. To put more of her in the edit doesn’t just mess with the artistic vision, it alters the focus... and that is not cool. 
So yeah I’m sort of with her if that’s the issue. 

This!

I personally prefer the director's version because I can see Madonna more, but nevertheless, I understand why Madonna is so angry with director. This is not about race. I don't get that why someone is bring the race card at here. Whether the director is black or white has nothing to do with this issue.

Madonna is business women. Not even just average business woman she is damn great a genius business woman. So she exactly knew that if there's more Madonna scene in that music video there's more view's come. But she didn't want her star power image is overshadowing important message which she want to tell us. That is the reason Madonna did release original less Madonna version to the world. Because that's the her artistic vision. 

Then This jerk revealed the director's version without consulting artist. If I was an artist and my vision as an artist was raped by the director, I would have been angry as hell.

As the Queen said, "It's my dark ballet, Not yours! MF!"

On 3/1/2021 at 7:43 AM, Team Madonna said:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CLxpNAUh2PU/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I really hope she wasn't faking that piano 

This.

I thought that it was for Madame X tour DVD cover shoot at first. But then it seems more like she didn't satisfied with some scenes, then she decided that re-shoot the some scenes for Madame X tour DVD. If my guessing is right then I really do not like it. If that is true, then is that really "Live Tour" DVD? 

9 minutes ago, Madame Madonna said:

This.

I thought that it was for Madame X tour DVD cover shoot at first. But then it seems more like she didn't satisfied with some scenes, then she decided that re-shoot the some scenes for Madame X tour DVD. If my guessing is right then I really do not like it. If that is true, then is that really "Live Tour" DVD? 

it may never get named "Live". It might just be a Madame X presentation.

• Fighter unpinned, locked, unlocked and pinned this topic