Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

On 4/24/2021 at 5:44 AM, scion said:

As someone who works in healthcare, yes, you should still be wearing a mask despite you and your friends being vaccinated. 

You have to wear a mask if you are around people who aren’t vaccinated or who you don’t know if they are vaccinated. But the CDC has said you don’t have to wear a mask at private gatherings where you know everyone there is vaccinated. What’s the point of being vaccinated and having vaccine passports if you still have to wear masks and can’t do anything? Doesn’t make sense. 

44 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Yikes. Do you realize how disgusting this sounds. 

"Most of the people who passed were ones with preexisting conditions or old."

Madonna is pretty close to that age range you call "old" and seemingly unworthy of the rest of their life. Alot of people died also because hospitals were at capacity and not everyone could get the care they needed. Which is what is happening in India as we speak. 

It's also worth noting that the new variants seem to be affecting younger people now, below 40. The same group that feel like it's not a big deal. 

I’m not saying that those lives don’t matter. And at no point did I say those lives are unworthy to live, just that the general healthy population won’t be seriously affected by the  virus. Just like the flu. I’m saying life isn’t worth living if we can’t fucking go outside anymore. I quarantined for a whole year and managed to not contract the virus cause I took precautions at every step. I am now fully vaccinated and will enjoy life as I please and everyone who is vaccinated should as well. I will still continue to wear masks because I actually like them and I haven’t been sick all year. 

2 hours ago, ScottyX said:

The fact that she turned things into a photo opportunity was the part that spawned my opinion. I think a celebrity can be public about their beliefs without making it s form of advertising.  I dont agree with everything she does but I do love her. And just like I would call out a friend or family member on a misstep, this is no different to me.

So Madonna or any artist can’t write a song about a political issue? Or how about a director who makes a movie about some political issue? Yes, they make money from it, but their art is the main way they communicate and reaches more people than if they just gave a speech at a charity benefit. The point is to raise awareness of an issue and sometimes using art is the best way to do it. 
And she hardly made a huge amount of money from Madame X anyway. 

1 minute ago, Shoful said:

I’m not saying that those lives don’t matter. And at no point did I say those lives are unworthy to live, just that the general healthy population won’t be seriously affected by the  virus. Just like the flu. I’m saying life isn’t worth living if we can’t fucking go outside anymore. I quarantined for a whole year and managed to not contract the virus cause I took precautions at every step. I am now fully vaccinated and will enjoy life as I please and everyone who is vaccinated should as well. I will still continue to wear masks because I actually like them and I haven’t been sick all year. 

Also if you keep telling people that being vaccinated won’t change anything they are going to say why bother and not do it. But if you tell them being vaccinated means they can start enjoying life again and hang out with their vaccinated friends, they are more likely to do it. 

1 minute ago, Glindathegood said:

Also if you keep telling people that being vaccinated won’t change anything they are going to say why bother and not do it. But if you tell them being vaccinated means they can start enjoying life again and hang out with their vaccinated friends, they are more likely to do it. 

Agreed. I am a firm believer in science and vaccinations. I try to convince everyone I know who is on the fence to get it! Once most of the world is vaccinated, the virus will likely fall out of existence or at least the death rate will Plummet even more if it hasn’t. Everyday you wake up there is a risk of death, we all take precautions to avoid it. The vaccine and masks being our precautions for COVID but at this point in time I don’t believe we need to be holed up inside as a vaccinated individual. The CDC even said it was find to be around vaccinated people and to travel with masks if you’re vaccinated. 

1 hour ago, Shoful said:

Agreed. I am a firm believer in science and vaccinations. I try to convince everyone I know who is on the fence to get it! Once most of the world is vaccinated, the virus will likely fall out of existence or at least the death rate will Plummet even more if it hasn’t. Everyday you wake up there is a risk of death, we all take precautions to avoid it. The vaccine and masks being our precautions for COVID but at this point in time I don’t believe we need to be holed up inside as a vaccinated individual. The CDC even said it was find to be around vaccinated people and to travel with masks if you’re vaccinated. 

I think we all agree here. The confusion is we were talking about the importance of masks. No one was saying everybody needs to stay home. I mean, we KNOW this lady (M) hasn't been staying home. Like I said before, right now is the tricky part. Some people are vaccinated, others are not. Some people still don't believe in it, while some countries are still being ravished by the disease. I think as someone who has a platform or any amount of an audience... a quick reminder that "everyone here has been vaccinated" on her instagram posts (during this time) would be best. Just like Rupaul announced it at the Dragrace finale. So there's no confusion. There's no indication that they're not taking it seriously. Because to someone who DOESN'T believe in it, they can point to their idol gathering indoors with multiple people from different families without masks on with no indication anyone has been vaccinated. 

And I'm pretty sure the CDC recommendation is Vaccinated people can gather indoors with other vaccinated people from ONE FAMILY.  

P.S. I literally JUST got my second shot. So get ready for my vacation photos from Puerto Vallarta. :Madonna054:

JOKE

2 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

You have to wear a mask if you are around people who aren’t vaccinated or who you don’t know if they are vaccinated. But the CDC has said you don’t have to wear a mask at private gatherings where you know everyone there is vaccinated. What’s the point of being vaccinated and having vaccine passports if you still have to wear masks and can’t do anything? Doesn’t make sense. 

The whole vaccination thing is still mysterious regarding COVID. That’s the truth. “Vaccinated. People. Can. Still. Get. The. Virus.” So it means all people must wear masks in public & gatherings. ? 

Everyone is tired of all the measures and so is she. Madonna isn't much of a role model these days the way she lives her life and we don't have to imitate her smoking, tattoos, walking around without a mask. But for me, it's a different thing to catch someone ignoring the restrictions on my bus and a different thing to want to see everyone on my phone wearing masks and staying hidden. If she is doing what's forbidden, she should be reprimanded and fined. If not, let her be and find other things to make you feel better about your life right now. After all, it takes two to catch a virus. If you catch it, you have been careless yourself. And it's damn okay, we all have been...

2 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

All this weed is why it's taking so long for the Madame X film https://www.instagram.com/p/COJMLTOhkUx/

I just saw a post saying The Girlie Show home video was released on this day in 1994. That's a mere 5 MONTHS after the show. Here we are over a year later still waiting. Oh well, as long as she's enjoying her wine with her pothead mates, that's fine. :Madonna052:

4 hours ago, Blue Prince said:

Just a thought, but maybe she and her engineers shouldn't be mixing sounds all drunk and high :sad: It's serious work and people shouldn't have to be intoxicated to understand her show.

Mike Dean is ALWAYS high. and he mixed Madame X. So I think we are ok. 

Some people function better and are more creative when high. I would get lost in my bathroom.