Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

On 5/30/2021 at 1:42 AM, Brendanlovesu1 said:

A1F4A9A5-71D9-485B-8479-C5A730DB7D8A.jpeg

This is pretty much a confirmation that it will be on a streaming service. #soon

It seems like the DVD will contain newly shot scenes + scenes filmed during the actual concert + rerecorded vocals (maybe?) + live vocals. As for the Sticky & Sweet Tour DVD, is it true it was all dubbed at 100%? Live vocals can be corrected for a DVD release, right?

Edited by Arckangel (see edit history)

54 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I can't answer for S&S but apparently she re-recorded her vocals in the studio for the confessions tour dvd

If true, not sure it's the whole concert. I'd need some receipts. Same thing when it comes to MDNA and Rebel Heart. I'm sure the Drowned World DVD has the actual live vocals (at least for the greater part of the concert). Re-Invention (the Lisbon footage) is quite live too.

I'm still not convinced the Superbowl performance was fully lipped. The parts w/ CeeLo sounded live. Didn't they have ear monitors? Like a Prayer may have been live (supported by a backing track maybe).

Edited by Arckangel (see edit history)

On 5/29/2021 at 4:37 PM, steady75 said:

She most likely met with Elton to get some info and intel on how his Biopic was handled and what to watch out for etc. 

Eltons was absolutely superb despite me loathing musicals. If she follows his template I'd be thrilled but I think she'll go edgier. Whatever she does she needs not to follow her icon Bowie. Stardust was baaaad. 

I enjoyed Rocketman but it got mixed reviews and failed to get Oscar Nominations in the major categories . So not sure if that is the right template.  I don’t think it should be a musical with the characters randomly bursting into song.

Bohemian Rhapsody was much more successful in terms of the Oscars even though that got some mixed reviews. 

Stardust was bad, but it wasn’t approved by or had the involvement of Bowie’s family. They objected to it. So there is no official film about Bowie to follow.  

53 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

I enjoyed Rocketman but it got mixed reviews and failed to get Oscar Nominations in the major categories . So not sure if that is the right template.  I don’t think it should be a musical with the characters randomly bursting into song.

Bohemian Rhapsody was much more successful in terms of the Oscars even though that got some mixed reviews. 

Stardust was bad, but it wasn’t approved by or had the involvement of Bowie’s family. They objected to it. So there is no official film about Bowie to follow.  

Well quite but a meeting with someone who had a quality biopic is a good thing surely. Madonna won’t want it like a musical anyway but there were some surreal uses of song and stage in Rocketman that were great cinematic tools for flashbacks dream sequences. A non musical film can have these too. 

Oscar moms and cute and all but I’d rather have a solid and beautiful portrayal of her and her life rather than something geared towards the academy. That doesn’t seem like her MO anyway. Just a bonus I suppose eh? 

3 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Well quite but a meeting with someone who had a quality biopic is a good thing surely. Madonna won’t want it like a musical anyway but there were some surreal uses of song and stage in Rocketman that were great cinematic tools for flashbacks dream sequences. A non musical film can have these too. 

Oscar moms and cute and all but I’d rather have a solid and beautiful portrayal of her and her life rather than something geared towards the academy. That doesn’t seem like her MO anyway. Just a bonus I suppose eh? 

How much was Elton involved in it though? I heard he gave some advice, but mostly stepped back and let the producers and directors do their thing. Maybe she could talk to director and producers.

4 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

How much was Elton involved in it though? I heard he gave some advice, but mostly stepped back and let the producers and directors do their thing. Maybe she could talk to director and producers.

Don’t know and I’m just speculating on the conversation during their dinner ?.

God knows. She could be doing some work with his foundation or anything really. Wether he was too involved or not it’s still his biopic he may be able to give her tips on dealing with the process particularly about parts that were incriminating to other parties involved. Dunno … again just speculating.