Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

My father is a survivor growing up as an Italian Immigrant in the US and living thru many traumas but always working hard for everything he had—- He taught me the importance of hard work and earning one’s way in life.............Again I thank you. ?? It was so special to spend your 90th birthday with you and my children in your vineyard. ????♥️ #happybirthday #ohfather #thestrangers @cicconevineyard

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPrEqt5hyIf/

On 6/4/2021 at 2:11 AM, Brendanlovesu1 said:

My father is a survivor growing up as an Italian Immigrant in the US and living thru many traumas but always working hard for everything he had—- He taught me the importance of hard work and earning one’s way in life.............Again I thank you. ?? It was so special to spend your 90th birthday with you and my children in your vineyard. ????♥️ #happybirthday #ohfather #thestrangers @cicconevineyard

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPrEqt5hyIf/

Thank you for sharing this beautiful birthday post. 

Good for Madonna celebrating her Father's 90th  birthday. And spending time with him. ☺?

Her grand parents, Sylvio/Tony's parents were migrants from Pacentro, Italy when they were in their late teens. They settled around Pittsburg in Pennsylvania. They were very unhappy. Madonna's grandfather was an alcoholic and so were many of her uncles.

On her mother side they were from french Canada, Elsie was born in Michigan but her parents were fromCanada while her mother came  from Chatam-Kent in Ontario, her father came from Sherbrooke in Quebec. The Fortin were more upbeat even though all the boys became alcoholics too hence why Madonna once said she comes from a long lineage of alcoholics. Makes you wonder why Sylvio wanted to make wine....

4 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

What ??? For real ? I amways believed her parents were immigrants ?!!

Nop, both her parents were American citizens from birth. None of them were "Immigrants" or "survivors" as Madonna puts it. I actually find it rather insulting of her to use these terms, is regard to people from that generation who were *actual* survivors.   Cheap trick, Madonna.

52 minutes ago, Luci nln said:

Hopefully this is a business trip for the film. It's been quite on that front lately. She hasn't given any update since January. I'm curious about the casting.

Thats what I was thinking...Maybe its to do with securing locations for filming there. Probably totally wrong. :lol:

3 minutes ago, DanK said:

Nop, both her parents were American citizens from birth. None of them were "Immigrants" or "survivors" as Madonna puts it. I actually find it rather cheap of her to use these terms, is regard to people from that generation who were *actual* survivors. 

They are kinda immigrants and survivors, we dont know what of. As somebody said before The immigrant father/grandfather and family were alcoholics, maybe not nice ones. We dont know how poor they were or any other details. We cant say they were not survivors without knowing them. 

No need to jump in presuming being bitchy. We havent walked in their shoes. 

3 hours ago, scallywally said:

They are kinda immigrants and survivors, we dont know what of. As somebody said before The immigrant father/grandfather and family were alcoholics, maybe not nice ones. We dont know how poor they were or any other details. We cant say they were not survivors without knowing them. 

No need to jump in presuming being bitchy. We havent walked in their shoes. 

I don't need to walk in their shoes. Maybe their youth was terrible, but that doesn't make them survivors nor immigrants. There's no such thing as "kinda immigrants and survivors", stop blindly defending every BS she posts on Instagram. I know that in this day and age, people consider themselves "survivors" for having been called a fat-ass in high-school, but it's a word that means a very, very precise and serious thing when used about people of Mr. Ciccone's generation, and it shouldn't be used lightly. And he ain't one. And he was not an immigrant, neither was her mother. They were American-born citizens, aka "Americans", period. They were never immigrants. Or maybe you consider EVERY American citizen that doesn't have Native-American blood as "immigrants"? If that's the case, refine your vocabulary, because that's not the word you're looking for either.

As for you calling me "bitchy", keep your invectives to yourself. I don't need the opinion of an ignoramus about my character, thank you very much.