Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

She didnt get her first grammy until Ray of Light, despite having an amazing collection of preceding albums. These award shows are all rigged

To think she barely won major awards even at her peak, a music legend like her, and nowadays a nobody can win tons of those fake awards with an autotuned fart with a trap beat. And some people still believe these awards are reliable, lol. 

Like, I can't realize how a song like Vogue, or LAP couldn't even be nominated or awarded. Blasphemy. 

17 hours ago, BadGurlMadge said:

She also didn’t want to go to a lot of award shows, I recall sometime when Madonna said that. Can someone please inform me on when and where?

Maybe she didn’t want to come because she wasn’t nominated and  didn’t win. Yes, there are some lesser awards that only give fake awards to people who are willing to come. But major credible awards like the Grammys don’t base their nominees and winners on if the person is willing to show up.

Back in the 80s, the Grammys looked down on more contemporary pop music with an older group of judges. It is only in recent years they embraced more contemporary modern forms of music like hip hop. That is probably why she wasn’t nominated. Back then they gave awards to more MOR artists like Christopher Cross. 

7 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

Maybe she didn’t want to come because she wasn’t nominated and  didn’t win. Yes, there are some lesser awards that only give fake awards to people who are willing to come. But major credible awards like the Grammys don’t base their nominees and winners on if the person is willing to show up.

Back in the 80s, the Grammys looked down on more contemporary pop music with an older group of judges. It is only in recent years they embraced more contemporary modern forms of music like hip hop. That is probably why she wasn’t nominated. Back then they gave awards to more MOR artists like Christopher Cross. 

She was nominated for Best Female Pop Vocal in 1986 and 1987 though. Once her work became more controversial that nominations on major categories stopped, but she did win a Grammy in 1992 for Best Music Video, Long Form and had 8 nominations before Ray of Light.

2 hours ago, blondebenji said:

this makes me sooooooo happy to see her so nimble and moving again like this.  For someone so physical all her life to have this sort of injury screws with your mind.  She such a inspiration

Totally agree ! She must be feeling so good about it also!

I know this is gonna sound shallow - but it was also great to see her in heels again lol