Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

9F1D1907-827B-44BA-B236-1BDD7838F986.jpeg.6f9296d8f6fedd635a1793a2eea048c6.jpeg

Ahhh those were the days. I was so fucking excited when she was working with her and Mirwais!!! I pray for everything that I wanted for new music and I literally got it. New sound, mirwais productions, political songs, imagery, persona change, story telling. THE MADAME X ERA WAS THAT FUCKING BITCH :drama:

Also do we know if there was a song called Magic written for the album? Most of her albums have a title track, and that seemed to be the working title for awhile.

maybe i rise was called magic as a working title , she sings the words magic in it  - i dont think a lot of her fans are happy her being spotting with two black artists in a studio , all thinking its going to be some rap album ffs ..the comments on her facebook and instagram , i swear maybe its time she turned off her comments for good 

11 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Ahhh those were the days. I was so fucking excited when she was working with her and Mirwais!!! I pray for everything that I wanted for new music and I literally got it. New sound, mirwais productions, political songs, imagery, persona change, story telling. THE MADAME X ERA WAS THAT FUCKING BITCH :drama:

Also do we know if there was a song called Magic written for the album? Most of her albums have a title track, and that seemed to be the working title for awhile.

2 minutes ago, beautifulkiller said:

maybe i rise was called magic as a working title , she sings the words magic in it  - i dont think a lot of her fans are happy her being spotting with two black artists in a studio , all thinking its going to be some rap album ffs ..the comments on her facebook and instagram , i swear maybe its time she turned off her comments for good 

That's so disgusting that fans are harassing her for working with black people, that's literally racism which she has been vehemently against since the beginning. Those aren't real fans. Also if they want her to stop, if they stopped complaining she probably would. She always does shit that riles people up...

57 minutes ago, Shoful said:

That's so disgusting that fans are harassing her for working with black people, that's literally racism which she has been vehemently against since the beginning. Those aren't real fans. Also if they want her to stop, if they stopped complaining she probably would. She always does shit that riles people up...

I thought it was just criticism of the stale tired old formula of “black” music. 

when was the last time some black artist did something original and daring and creative?

how many black heavy metal bands can you name? 
black music sells best in the US so it’s not a surprise she wants to be palatable to that market. 

15 minutes ago, deathproof said:

I just always assumed she was referring to the whole recording process as “magic,” as if she was making magic in the studio 

That's what i also assumed, but was just curious if anyone knew if there was a song called that. I'm always praying for more MX music :bananawave:

9 minutes ago, xrayeyes said:

I thought it was just criticism of the stale tired old formula of “black” music. 

when was the last time some black artist did something original and daring and creative?

black music sells best in the US so it’s not a surprise she wants to be palatable to that market. 

No they are assuming she is doing a rap record just because swae lee is involved  - its mostly the fans of confessions - cant they just move on to kylie who ponders to her fanbase madonna is not for them anymore - confessions part 2 is never going to happen and ray of light part 2 is never going to happen 

1 hour ago, xrayeyes said:

Go be racist somewhere else. 

8 minutes ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

It literally took a Super B I think fans need to start giving up hopes for a number one hit, I have never been more certain in my life that she wont ever have another one again as I do now. Would love to be proven wrong though.

You're right but asking for a number one is not what we should be doing. I think what us fans mostly crave is some longevity on the charts. You see her singles chart all over the world and after a week or two they disappear. Her albums score at some point like 70 no.1 places on iTunes around the globe and a second later they are falling free. 

It's important that her records, apart from Madame X maybe, all had very healthy sales and charted very high. A number one single is most welcome but she is an albums artist and she doesn't need that. What I really want to see is some single and album material, also some smart, steady promotion, that will have her name constantly on the charts for weeks even at number 15.

Older artists will forever have the strongest physical sales which are the ones that actually matter. The newer ones can enjoy their five years of superstardom because it's all downhill after that and we shouldn't envy them.

5 minutes ago, Blue Prince said:

You're right but asking for a number one is not what we should be doing. I think what us fans mostly crave is some longevity on the charts. You see her singles chart all over the world and after a week or two they disappear. Her albums score at some point like 70 no.1 places on iTunes around the globe and a second later they are falling free. 

It's important that her records, apart from Madame X maybe, all had very healthy sales and charted very high. A number one single is most welcome but she is an albums artist and she doesn't need that. What I really want to see is some single and album material, also some smart, steady promotion, that will have her name constantly on the charts for weeks even at number 15.

Older artists will forever have the strongest physical sales which are the ones that actually matter. The newer ones can enjoy their five years of superstardom because it's all downhill after that and we shouldn't envy them.

I have said many times that I dont care about number one hits all that much, I was just addressing my views on the topic for those who have been asking about it. The reason why her stuff initially does well and then drops off the charts after a week is because everyone is buying the album but wont get with the times and stream her releases, which is the only way to achieve hits anymore as much as that sucks.

4 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Go be racist somewhere else. 

? Excuse me?

Go slander people somewhere else. You can’t brand someone ‘racist’ for opinions you don’t like. 
I forgot, pop star forums aren’t known for their capacity for deep thinking or acceptance of difference. 
I’ve noticed your self-righteous holier-than-thou attitude towards others on here…

sorry we can’t all be perfect like you. 

56 minutes ago, xrayeyes said:

? Excuse me?

Go slander people somewhere else. You can’t brand someone ‘racist’ for opinions you don’t like. 
I forgot, pop star forums aren’t known for their capacity for deep thinking or acceptance of difference. 
I’ve noticed your self-righteous holier-than-thou attitude towards others on here…

When you consider Jazz, Rock'n roll, Country, House, Techno, funk, Disco are all original black music. And all of the branches and movements that evolve from them. Saying that black artist are not creative or daring is a bit of  an ignorant punch.

When is the last time a white artist had done something that it's not inspired, taken or robbed from black music?

Apart from classical music that it was an elite white European movement, little more.

And yeah there are plenty of metal black artists

46 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

When you consider Jazz, Rock'n roll, Country, House, Techno, funk, Disco are all original black music. And all of the branches and movements that evolve from them. Saying that black artist are not creative or daring is a bit of  an ignorant punch.

When is the last time a white artist had done something that it's not inspired, taken or robbed from black music?

Apart from classical music that it was an elite white European movement, little more.

And yeah there are plenty of metal black artists

I didn't say black people are not creative. Don't twist my words.

I meant the current crop of young black mainstream artists are all following the same dull pattern. That is why music anywhere hasn't been interesting in the last 20 years.

You can go further back and see that black music is a fusion of African tribal rhythms mixed with Irish and Scottish songs from slave masters mixed with Jewish bible song...etc...diffusion is endless and one can't pinpoint an EXACT origin of anything seeing as all culture mixes with whatever it is near to.

The whole "white people are the devil and stole everything" argument is so dull and boring and ignorant. I imagine you are the kind of person who announces his "pronouns"...

I was talking about the current trend of black music, what sells? I also didn't say they it should not be played, just a variety would be nice. Give young black artists the chance to be different instead of peddling the same old recipe over and over. I'll stick to Saul Williams.

We all come from Africa, more people need to remember we all share one root that transcends skin colour and national flag.

Niggy Tardust by Saul Williams

Edited by xrayeyes (see edit history)

1 hour ago, xrayeyes said:

I meant the current crop of young black mainstream artists are all following the same dull pattern. That is why music anywhere hasn't been interesting in the last 20 years.

You can go further back and see that black music is a fusion of African tribal rhythms mixed with Irish and Scottish songs from slave masters mixed with Jewish bible song...etc...diffusion is endless and one can't pinpoint an EXACT origin of anything seeing as all culture mixes with whatever it is near to.

The whole "white people are the devil and stole everything" argument is so dull and boring and ignorant. I imagine you are the kind of person who announces his "pronouns"...

I was talking about the current trend of black music, what sells? I also didn't say they it should not be played, just a variety would be nice. Give young black artists the chance to be different instead of peddling the same old recipe over and over. I'll stick to Saul Williams.

We all come from Africa, more people need to remember we all share one root that transcends skin colour and national flag.

You are giving me too many explanations for something I didn't ask.

I don't have to twist your words, you questioned when was the last time a black artist did anything creative or daring and imply that the black music only  links to rap or RnB. I'm trying to read where I say anything about  evil white people. I think you are more reactive than you pretend.

I imagine you are the type of person that don't see colour or races. But takes advantage of the disadvantage.

8 hours ago, xrayeyes said:

There are so many red flags in this one post alone. Jesus christ

There’s this amazing black female metal duo from the UK called the Nova Twins. But most people haven’t heard of them unless they follow that genre because rock isn’t played on the radio that much anymore. You could say that mainstream music by people of whatever race has become uncreative. Quite a few black bands and artists in alternative but you wouldn’t know their names because that genre isn’t mainstream anymore. A lot of people can’t name current alternative white artists or bands. 
Two wonderful black female artists who released EPs this year were Jensen McRae and Hannah Jadagu. Check those out. 

4 hours ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

I seem to be in the minority who is fucking tired of the dance albums, like yourself.

I’m of two minds. I get bored with just dance music, but I think dance music suits her and her voice so well. If she didn’t something completely different it might not work or seem inauthentic. There is a part of her that will always be on the dance floor.  I think she should have some dance elements mixed with other things but never completely abandon dance music and electronics. 

5 hours ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

I seem to be in the minority who is fucking tired of the dance albums, like yourself.

NOT AT ALL!!! For years and years I've been bored of continous dance albums, wich neither were that good imo. I started to like her again with Rebel Heart and fell in love with MadameX.

I like a pair of GOOD dance tracks in her albums though, like I don't search I find or Living for love ... yep, I like the most vintage ones, can't help it :Madonna035:

3 hours ago, xrayeyes said:

5 hours ago, xrayeyes said:

? Excuse me?

I'm giving you a chance here. Your agenda of attacking anything you deem "progressive", "woke" , or whatever words the right wing media is brainwashing you to hate this week isn't going to fly here. I'm also not playing games with racist language. Saying "Black people are not creative" is not "an opinion I don't like".  It's ignorant. And I know that you know it is ignorant. I'm not sure why you feel the need to say these things. 

"I’ve noticed your self-righteous holier-than-thou attitude towards others on here…"

Bro... this is what you are doing. You're the one acting like you have all the answers. You're the one belittling people. 

This will be the only time I make any sort of effort to reach you, so think wisely about how you want to move forward here. 

Im surprised she has not had a full blown rant yet over the reaction of her making new music with black artists, maybe will get a video of her ranting i hope we do :) who do people think they are telling her what to record lol no wonder she hates her fans lol

Edited by beautifulkiller (see edit history)