Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

I love her "love" and "peace" statements. If more people everywhere (famous or not) wouldn't be afraid to stand up and say something, maybe not so many war mongers and dictators out there wouldn't try controlling us. The world is in such a crazy violent state right now with questionable rulers, etc every where including from the US. I almost hate to turn on the news anymore or be active politically and I just want to ignore everything, but, then Madonna reminds me that that's the worst thing I/we should do. 

She can post whatever she wants on Insta, I just don't care about it. Her message isn't exactly thought provoking, just some clichés about world peace and how everyone should try to get along. So fingers crossed her album will be connected to Art For Freedom and her revolution in some way as rumoured, otherwise it's gonna be hard for me to take her seriously, or be inspired at all.

But Art For Freedom is connected to her stance on world peace, among other world issues. I'm not sure what you're expecting here, but not every post she makes on Instagram has to be "thought provoking"? She's just expressing her views freely just like anyone else does on Social media (or in any other settings). I just find it odd that we as society hold celebrities so accountable for anything they say and do, to the point that we tell them, "just shut up and act/sing/dance" or whatever. Yet, at the same time, complain that celebrities don't use their celebrity status to reach out and TRY to make a difference. I don't expect Madonna to be the link to changing the world, but she like everyone needs to play a part, if we want things to change. Having a huge celebrity backing a "peaceful" stance is far more effective than you or me who could easily say what she's saying. Though, we won't get much notice. She simply is stating what's on a lot of people's minds.

London Community Gospel Choir make my new music sound triller! #livingforlove

http://instagram.com/p/q2LZUAGESs/?modal=true

:om:

Oh, this is great. I can hear her voice slightly in the background, especially when they go quiet at the end.

• madgefan pinned this topic
  • Fighter locked and unlocked this topic
  • Fighter unpinned, locked, unlocked and pinned this topic