Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

8 hours ago, diegolcl said:

I don't get this fixation with MJ after he died. She barely had a relationship with him other than those 1991 dates...
For me it feels like "Look! I'm at the same level as him!1111!!11" and leaves a sour taste in my mouth because she clearly doesn't need to do this kind of thing.

I think that’s a bit unfair. When he was alive she often mentioned how his style of music and dancing was an inspiration to her and when she first started she wanted to be the female Michael Jackson. MJ since he was a child star was successful before she was and thus was an inspiration and influence on her. 

On 8/30/2020 at 5:50 PM, diegolcl said:

I don't get this fixation with MJ after he died. She barely had a relationship with him other than those 1991 dates...
For me it feels like "Look! I'm at the same level as him!1111!!11" and leaves a sour taste in my mouth because she clearly doesn't need to do this kind of thing.

Sadly, I think she does. There are not enough young people who understand her magnitude, and there’s only him she can compare herself to. Perhaps she is also looking at his career and they way media treated him then to draw comparisons to herself. Not sure.

• Fighter locked and unlocked this topic
  • Fighter unpinned, locked, unlocked and pinned this topic