Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

15 hours ago, DanK said:

*triggered*  :angry:

Because we have eyes. We have videos of Madonna+her kids+dozens of locals dancing/cheering together. Almost nobody's wearing a mask or distancing, and Madonna's basically making herself the spokesperson of non-distancing by posting such videos to her millions of followers. 

Because I know first-hand what the local guidelines are in Malawi, and that ain't it. Maybe you don't. Google is your best friend, it's probably all there. Check it out.

Indeed they are. And she and her team are absolutely not following the national protocol.  They didn't in England, they didn't in the US, and again in Malawi. She's clearly making a point of defiance via her many videos, month after month. And now she's doing this with the blessing of the local officials - who are just too happy to have Malawi making headlines all over the world just because of her presence there. They are only too aware that 90% of the world hadn't even heard the word "Malawi" before Madonna put it on the media-map 15 years ago.

According to you, there isn't any. I'm sure that according to Madonna, there's no reason for drama either. She was lucky not to be one who's had a child under respiratory equipment, lost a parent or a partner to Covid. She's not the one who's going to heal or mourn the people who might be infected with Covid by her very presence or that of her team members during her post-colonial parties in Malawi. She's arrived with a party of +25 people in Lilongwe (flights from the US, the UK) all of them tested with PCR tests post-flight, yet none of them was quarantined, all of them immediately in close contact with locals after their PCR tests.  If you have any medical knowledge or expertise, you'd realize how mental that is, especially when travelling from the US to Africa these days. Then again, I doubt your specialty is virology or epidemiology, otherwise you wouldn't be defending your diva this way. "We don't know" - oh yes, we do. Even if it hadn't been months of fuck-ups on her part through her posts on SM. Even if it had JUST been that one Malawi video she posted... that's enough to call her an irresponsible moron when it comes to that pandemic. But that's very far from being her first strike.

Oh and your "you should read books"-tirade is incredibly out of place and smug. You assume I haven't (and I won't even waste my time defending my credits, that's completely irrelevant here), while I assume that people like you, who despite being shown evidence and having all the cards in hands to make an informed and factual opinion on this matter, decide to go "we don't know", are tepid and neutral. Not all opinions are valid. And at least mine wasn't insulting towards you. Facts are : there are protocols in place all over the world. Madonna's making a point in defying them over and over again, and showing her stand via her social media. I'm making a point calling her an irresponsable idiot on this. Her decisions regarding Covid - or what she's decided to showcase about it at least - make her an irresponsable idiot on this matter. I'm all for her doing whatever she wants with her kids, her demented fake bottom, her career, her boyfriends, whatever, that's her life - but the constant defiance against medical corpus via social media is just gross and makes her an entitled, rich idiot. 

In the end, after 10 months of this crap, it's just exhausting to keep having these conversations with people who aren't informed, who will defend their idol no matter what, and who certainly haven't been touched by Covid themselves.  Get back to me to defend Madonna's no-mask-policy when you'll have seen dozens of people of all ages die from Covid like I did, and then we'll talk. Maybe you'll be a little less protective of her and a little bit more angry at irresponsible people like her.

Oh, Good God.

Im not adressing Madonna's behavior, Im adressing yours. 

Im not defending her (I dont have enough information); I'm telling you to chill the f out and dose your reaction.

You're WAY out of line.

My friend got COVID last March and within 8 hours of being exposed to the doctor who gave it to him was vomitting blood and drowning in his own snot.

Again, you are in no position to assume what i have seen or not.

My post had to do with YOUR words, not Madonna's actions.

If she's there, and being public and open about it, im assuming she is following safety protocoles instead of defaulting to anger and assuming the worst in people.

Again, nothing personal against you. Just the reaction.

1 hour ago, PaperFaces said:

Oh, Good God. Im not adressing Madonna's behavior, Im adressing yours.

My behavior, at the time of your message, had been to call Madonna's public action moronic, that's it.

Im not defending her (I dont have enough information);

Exactly.

You're WAY out of line.

Excuse me? I wasn't insulting to anyone here. It's you who basically called people uneducated and illiterate.

My friend got COVID last March and within 8 hours of being exposed to the doctor who gave it to him was vomitting blood and drowning in his own snot.

I'm very sorry about your friend. But if you could rephrase that one sentence..? English isn't my native tongue, and I'm not sure I understand the chronology here. Your friend was exposed to Covid by a doctor who was infected and who gave it to him, and 8 hours after he was vomiting blood ? Apologies if that's not what you're saying there.

If she's there, and being public and open about it, im assuming she is following safety protocoles instead of defaulting to anger and assuming the worst in people.

But that's the thing: Why assume she's following protocols when you're being given proof after proof that she isn't? Even when she herself proudly shows-and-tells she doesn't ?

1 hour ago, LikeAMelody said:

A great many people mock looking deeper into things and hang on to pressured beliefs shared by whatever group they have attached themselves to. So they are left with just reacting to what someone should or should not be doing. Energy has to go somewhere and this particular energy has found it's way into pop culture.

Ergo we're distilled into with what I'd call pop culture politics. Our heritage or social stance do not play such a huge part in which party we vote, our ever-changing identities do.

44 minutes ago, DanK said:

My behavior, at the time of your message, had been to call Madonna's public action moronic, that's it.

Exactly.

Excuse me? I wasn't insulting to anyone here. It's you who basically called people uneducated and illiterate.

I'm very sorry about your friend. But if you could rephrase that one sentence..? English isn't my native tongue, and I'm not sure I understand the chronology here. Your friend was exposed to Covid by a doctor who was infected and who gave it to him, and 8 hours after he was vomiting blood ? Apologies if that's not what you're saying there.

But that's the thing: Why assume she's following protocols when you're being given proof after proof that she isn't? Even when she herself proudly shows-and-tells she doesn't ?

But thats the thing: you DONT have proof she isnt following protocole. You saw a 45-second video of something SHE chooses to show. You think the hospital would let her in without proper procedure?

And Yes, my friend got COVID from an asymptomatic doctor (he was in the hospital visiting his sister).

I never called anyone illiterate. Again, you just defaulted to the worst assumption instead of really reading what I wrote.

What you see online ISNT REAL. Life is real. Go live that instead of being outraged at a situation or people youve never met. I mean this as a general thing, not directing it specifically to you.

No offense.

Im not debating this anymore.

She couldn’t totally be against following protocols and totally defiant when one of her videos shows her being tested for it before going to the New Years Eve party
I always wear masks but I wonder how effective they are. There are plenty of people who wear them but still get infected. The problem is most people don’t wear them properly. People take them on and off without washing their hands. I have heard the argument that they give you a false sense of security. Where I live people wear them all the time, but the Covid infection rate keeps increasing. 
I think there needs to be a balance between being safe and keeping people prisoners in their houses all the time.  I always wear masks and don’t go to big parties, but I do go to restaurants eating outside. I know some people say I am irresponsible for doing that, but I would  go crazy if I couldn’t leave my house There is a lot of shaming of people even when they follow rules because people aren’t staying home 24/7. 
We were told that if you stay home and wear masks life will go back to normal but it doesn’t seem to be working. The only thing that will get things back to normal is when enough people get the vaccine. 

If you look on the US state department  website about travel to Malawi, it says US citizens are allowed to enter as long as they show a recent negative Covid test. They are not required to quarantine, but they must self monitor for 10 days to see if they have any symptoms. 
People seem to want to bash Madonna without knowing any of the actual facts. 

The development of the epidemic in Africa is quite interesting. I'll try to show what I found and what I studied, but please, remember I'm not a physician yet but I'm studying hard to become a medical examiner. Well, since the beginning of the pandemic, WHO has reported every confirmed case that occurred all around the world and what is surprising is that Africa didn't show so many cases, despite the high density of population. We can try to explain this bizarre situation observing two aspects: firstly, excepting South Africa and North Africa (Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Algeria and Morocco), the poorest countries in Africa are generally isolated from the occidental world and the only contacts they have with Europe and USA are mainly due to humanitarian reasons. Secondly, despite of high density rates, people generally live in small villages, far away from capitals and main cities, which are overpopulated. So, it's clear that these aspects brought countries like Malawi, Tanzania, Ciad and others to not have a great amount of cases, mainly because they don't have frequent contacts with people from other countries, except for health workers who work for humanitarian associations, then people live far away from each other, so little epidemic outbreaks, which can occur in small and isolated villages, can be controlled more easily than in other countries, like the European ones. Sadly, we have to consider that these countries don't have and efficient health system, so maybe we lack of facts and figures. 

I remember that in one of my last courses I attended at the University before the lock down my professor of epidemiology described the pandemic of Ebola which outbroke in 2014: this virus is very aggressive, lethal and contagious, but, surprisingly, the epidemic was hold back because people who were infected lived in small villages in Congo, where no one wants to go to. The isolation of these places didn't let the virus find other guests to infect, so it died after the death of all who have been infected. This situation is quite similar to the actual one.

I'm very sad that the scientific community didn't manage to give coherent guidelines and correct information. No one could know in advance about this virus.

But thats the thing: you DONT have proof she isnt following protocole. You saw a 45-second video of something SHE chooses to show. You think the hospital would let her in without proper procedure?

Exactly, and the videos are proof enough protocol wasn't followed. Again, this isn't an opinion, but a mere fact.

And Yes, my friend got COVID from an asymptomatic doctor (he was in the hospital visiting his sister).

Again, I'm very, honestly sorry about your friend, and I hope he recovered well, but between your two messages about this, I'm to understand he was in contact with an asymptomatic carrier, and eight hours later, he was coughing up blood (your words, not mine). Well I'm sorry to tell you: that's not how covid works. Even freegin' Ebola wouldn't cause those symptoms is such a short lapse of time. So again, if that's the sort of nonsensical info people are spreading, and if that's something you honestly believe, even 10 months into the pandemic,.... Yes, it's best to stop this conversation right there. :lord:

18 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

Are you telling me my friend didnt have COVID?

Youre probably one of those people who need pictures of him, right? Ok.

yeah, this convo is over.

Of course not!!   I'm saying your friend couldn't have developed symptoms EIGHT HOURS after being exposed to a carrier, like you said. That's medically impossible. Incubation takes between 3 to 14 days. There hasn't been a single case worldwide with a shorter or longer period.

On 1/5/2021 at 6:12 AM, DanK said:

I'm saying your friend couldn't have developed symptoms EIGHT HOURS after being exposed to a carrier, like you said

Yes, this is a well known fact and I thought that was impossible before you even pointed it out. I don't doubt his friends got covid but 8 hours is simply not possible. 

Hope his friend made a speedy recovery and doesn't have the "covid hangover" though. 

The photo that Frank posted of her touching locals with bare hands with no social distancing, a fairly useless face shield, not undergoing self quarantine with her team (regardless of following local guidelines) and in a high-risk setting a bit concerning. The optics on her SM usage over the last few months has not been good even though she has had pure intentions I am sure. 

Coming from a country where we have COVID-19 essentially under control due to some of the strictest lockdowns and guidelines in the world (even recently no local transmission in my city in over 60 days) it probably makes me a bit more sensitive to what I see when common sense isn't being used. 

4 hours ago, Eyzonme said:

Yes, this is a well known fact and I thought that was impossible before you even pointed it out. I don't doubt his friends got covid but 8 hours is simply not possible. 

Hope his friend made a speedy recovery and doesn't have the "covid hangover" though. 

The photo that Frank posted of her touching locals with bare hands with no social distancing, a fairly useless face shield, not undergoing self quarantine with her team (regardless of following local guidelines) and in a high-risk setting a bit concerning. The optics on her SM usage over the last few months has not been good even though she has had pure intentions I am sure. 

Coming from a country where we have COVID-19 essentially under control due to some of the strictest lockdowns and guidelines in the world (even recently no local transmission in my city in over 60 days) it probably makes me a bit more sensitive to what I see when common sense isn't being used. 

Thank you. Finally somebody who knows the undisputed facts and who doesn't spread false information on topics that matter.

On 1/3/2021 at 6:21 AM, Frank said:

135765285_187508139778076_84810491729353

Lovely <3

Who's to say she hadn't just doused her hands with a good bit of Bath and Body Works hand sanitizer like I myself carry around with me ALL THE TIME now & use VERY regularly. You are NOT there you are just seeing a simple moment in time caught on film - not what happened before or after. Just saying, it's possible! Stop judging people people DAYUM!!! 

Didn't realise handsanitizer alone prevented the spread of COVID19 (especially branded ones). Pretty sure you can get it without even touching an infected person.

Let's hope when someone coughs, it's not saliva that is expel but rather handsanitizer droplets from guzzling on the stuff. Hell let's inject disinfectant instead like Trump suggested. 

Let's all just bath in handsanitizer and to hell with social distancing, self-quarantine and facemasks. I'll be fine, let's see if you are through my wreckless and selfish actions.

I am besides myself with how anyone could possible defend her actions;  well maybe mostly dumbfounded. 

Don't get me wrong, good on her for her charitable contributions, but we have seen enough evidence during this pandemic to realise M isn't taking the risk of spread seriously enough. 

Back on topic, bring on blurry lyric sheet leaks in the background so we can try to work out song titles again. That was genuinely the most fun I had in here ?  

1 hour ago, nito84bcn said:

Weird that she's not posting 'stuff' for 3 days... 

I don't find that weird.  Maybe she's taking a little break from social media.

I think Madonna will post whenever she gets ready.  She was on a new year trip to Malawi Africa after all.

Edited by RebelBeauty (see edit history)

39 minutes ago, RebelBeauty said:

I don't find that weird.  Maybe she's taking a little break from social media.

I think Madonna will post whenever she gets ready.  She was on a new year trip to Malawi Africa after all.

True. Most fans seem to think she’s just getting ready for the MX Tour DVD. Aaw cute. #nothappening

• Fighter locked and unlocked this topic
  • Fighter unpinned, locked, unlocked and pinned this topic