Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

11 minutes ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

Madonna still trying to convince everyone that she and Michael Jackson were actually friends??

she does have this weird picture of him and her hanging on her wall ..who got that made for her i wonder ? its odd i dont like it - i dont think she refer to him she is just getting dressed up again .....

1 minute ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

Yeah its creepy to seemingly always be fantasizing about a man who hated you with a passion lol.

i think its the king and queen of pop thing , i bet she cant stand him really...his fans hate her too ive noticed them trolling on her pages - i always find it especially sad as when her dead peers fans come for her on her social media 

9 minutes ago, beautifulkiller said:

i think its the king and queen of pop thing , i bet she cant stand him really...his fans hate her too ive noticed them trolling on her pages - i always find it especially sad as when her dead peers fans come for her on her social media 

It has nothing to do with if the artist is alive or dead, Michael Jackson fans have hated Madonna for a very longtime. I can think of other fanbases that despise her as well and these artists are alive, like Lady Gaga and Elton John, when Madonna is dead herself, I suspect the worst of the sad trolling will end and many of the same haters will be talking about influential she was. Apparently the beef with Michael Jackson and Madonna goes back to when they went to the Oscars together and Madonna criticized Michaels hairstyle and fashion. After that he seemed to have it in for her and there is even a recording of him throwing shade at her and calling her a witch.

Madonna was a huge Michael Jackson fan when she started. In al her early interviews she cites him as he biggest infuence at the time. Michael was very competitive, even with his own sister. Guy O. said they were in talks for Madonna to appear on stage as a guest during Michael's stay at the O2. At the end of his life Michael was very very disturbed. I can't remember whom he told to at the time that he dated Madonna so he should call her for a special demand that person had. Frankly i'm more curious of her relation she Prince and i wish someone would ask her about that last concert he gave for her at Paisley Park 4 months before he died.

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

Madonna was a huge Michael Jackson fan when she started. In al her early interviews she cites him as he biggest infuence at the time. Michael was very competitive, even with his own sister. Guy O. said they were in talks for Madonna to appear on stage as a guest during Michael's stay at the O2. At the end of his life Michael was very very disturbed. I can't remember whom he told to at the time that he dated Madonna so he should call her for a special demand that person had. Frankly i'm more curious of her relation she Prince and i wish someone would ask her about that last concert he gave for her at Paisley Park 4 months before he died.

Prince and Madonna were very good friends, they reached out to each other several times and attended concerts of one another. 1985 also has all the clues that they might have even slept together at least once because the night that Madonna presents Prince with an award at the AMA's you can see her biting her lip and its obvious she was attracted to him, the next day, since neither of them attended the We Are the World sessions, Prince and Madonna were photographed together at dinner and then in a car driving, Prince sleeping with women he was working with was nothing new, the guy got a hell of a lot of action in the 80s although he was always discreet. He designed the outfit that she wore for her live aid appearance and even if they grew more distant in the 90's because of Princes battle with his record label, they obviously renewed their friendship in the 2000s. Prince and Madonna will always be my favorite artists and I am glad they they seemed to care for one another. 

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

I don't believe the O2 talks. M did cite MJ as an influence before she became his competition. Almost everyone in the industry has said MJ was an influence at some point. MJ was competitive with his sister but he didn't call her a witch. Janet also said M wasn't classy. They probably said all sorts of things behind her back. MJ was not M's friend. They tried to capitalize off their respective popularity as the king and queen of pop with a potential collaboration, but untimely they had a lot of creative differences. I doubt they kept in touch although they were cordial in public. It's strange that she has that edited picture of them in her home. I doubt Michael would have her picture in his home.

4 hours ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

Prince and Madonna were very good friends, they reached out to each other several times and attended concerts of one another. 1985 also has all the clues that they might have even slept together at least once because the night that Madonna presents Prince with an award at the AMA's you can see her biting her lip and its obvious she was attracted to him, the next day, since neither of them attended the We Are the World sessions, Prince and Madonna were photographed together at dinner and then in a car driving, Prince sleeping with women he was working with was nothing new, the guy got a hell of a lot of action in the 80s although he was always discreet. He designed the outfit that she wore for her live aid appearance and even if they grew more distant in the 90's because of Princes battle with his record label, they obviously renewed their friendship in the 2000s. Prince and Madonna will always be my favorite artists and I am glad they they seemed to care for one another. 

Where are the pictures of them photographed together in 1985? I've only seen the pics of them at the 2007  Vanity Fair Oscar party. I know they were friendly. They attended each others shows, worked together on the Like a Virgin album and Prince wanted M in Graffiti Bridge. It would make more sense if she had a picture of Prince in her home than MJ. 

1 hour ago, Vogue Italia said:

Where are the pictures of them photographed together in 1985? I've only seen the pics of them at the 2007  Vanity Fair Oscar party. I know they were friendly. They attended each others shows, worked together on the Like a Virgin album and Prince wanted M in Graffiti Bridge. It would make more sense if she had a picture of Prince in her home than MJ. 

Well this is the thing, Madonna has always been very private concerning her personal relationships, think about Sean Penn and Guy, the fact that she does not talk about Prince and her all the time might have something to do with the fact that they actually did have a real friendship and relationship, its basically a dead giveaway that they were involved with eachother. Whereas with Michael Jackson she is just a big fan of his music and still tries to convince everyone that he did not loath her as much as he actually did. Michael Jackson could be incredibly rude to women as proved by his horrible relationship with Lisa Marie Presley, he had some very old fashioned and sexist beliefs. Prince on the otherhand, had a deep respect and appreciation for women and constantly was empowering them in his music and videos, many of his songs were sexy and sensual but never came across as disrespectful. The photo's taken at are privately owned I think, I just heard about that from one of Princes bandmembers telling a story. However, you can see Madonna obviously attracted to him in this clip when he comes up on stage for his award at the 0.53 mark. After he got his award and did that legendary Purple Rain performance, he and Madonna met backstage and since neither was going to record We Are The World, they hooked up and seemed to be really good friends from then on.

23 minutes ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

Well this is the thing, Madonna has always been very private concerning her personal relationships, the fact that she does not talk about Prince and her all the time might have something to do with the fact that they actually did have a real friendship and relationship. Whereas with Michael Jackson she is just a big fan of his music and still tries to convince everyone that she did not loath her as much as he actually did.

She definitely seemed to have more of a genuine friendship with Prince, but they didn't seem that close. I'd say they had more of a mutual respect for each other as contemporaries. You mentioned that they were photographed together at dinner and then in a car driving in 1985. Where are these pictures?

Edited by Vogue Italia (see edit history)

24 minutes ago, Vogue Italia said:

She definitely seemed to have more of a genuine friendship with Prince, but they didn't seem that close. I'd say they had more of a mutual respect for each other as contemporaries. You mentioned that they were photographed together at dinner and then in a car driving in 1985. Where are these pictures?

I have not seen the pictures myself, I just heard that photographs were taken in a story told by one of Princes bandmates who was around that night. From my quick google search, these are the only images I found of them together and one of Madonna attending one of his shows in 1985. Im not saying 100 percent that they were super close but at the very least they respected and admired eachother and hey nothing wrong with me speculating as I am a massive fan of both.

tumblr_inline_o79v43CZ4y1rxblio_1280.jpg

3369AD9100000578-3553098-Former_lovers_Madonna_second_from_left_with_friend_Guy_Oseary_is-a-27_1461298449567.jpg

33698A9000000578-3553098-image-a-37_1461299167506.jpg

92f9abb1222af0d2d2281c18e6a3b205.jpg

6 hours ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

I have not seen the pictures myself, I just heard that photographs were taken in a story told by one of Princes bandmates who was around that night. From my quick google search, these are the only images I found of them together and one of Madonna attending one of his shows in 1985

tumblr_inline_o79v43CZ4y1rxblio_1280.jpg

3369AD9100000578-3553098-Former_lovers_Madonna_second_from_left_with_friend_Guy_Oseary_is-a-27_1461298449567.jpg

33698A9000000578-3553098-image-a-37_1461299167506.jpg

92f9abb1222af0d2d2281c18e6a3b205.jpg

If there were pictures of them together in 1985, when they were two of the biggest stars in pop music, I think they would have surfaced by now! I've seen the 2007 Vanity Fair Oscar party pictures, but I hadn't seen the one with Mayte. I've also seen pictures of them separately attending each other concerts. This all falls in line with what I said. I don't think they were close friends, but I believe they were friendly and had respect for each others work. The info I've read about their meetings and letters were all work related, them pitching ideas to each other. That doesn't mean they couldn't have ever slept together at one point, M likes to mix work and play.

The photo of them together in the yellow outfits is photoshopped. M often shares fan edits. It's a mashup of picture of M taken in Paris in 1990 and Prince in the early 90s.

2j5OwQSzI5Y.jpg

8ad1ddd771ece991bf0676a203369f86af142326

ef7d052dd53b54b9d8d5f9b65cc5ea5f.jpg

Edited by Vogue Italia (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Vogue Italia said:

If there were pictures of them together in 1985, when they were two of the biggest stars in pop music, I think they would have surfaced by now! I've seen the 2007 Vanity Fair Oscar party pictures, but I hadn't seen the one with Mayte. I've also seen pictures of them separately attending each other concerts. This all falls in line with what I said. I don't think they were close friends, but I believe they were friendly and had respect for each others work. The info I've read about their meetings and letters were all work related, them pitching ideas to each other. That doesn't mean they couldn't have ever slept together at one point, M likes to mix fun and play.

The photo of them together in the yellow outfits is photoshopped. M often shares fan edits. It's a mashup of picture of M taken in Paris in 1990 and Prince in the early 90s.

2j5OwQSzI5Y.jpg

8ad1ddd771ece991bf0676a203369f86af142326

ef7d052dd53b54b9d8d5f9b65cc5ea5f.jpg

I have always wondered why they chose to work at a distance on Love Song, was it because they were both super busy in different parts of the world? either way, even if Love Song never came about Prince really added some magic with his guitar on Like a Prayer so the work they did was pretty fruitful. That opening riff he plays is one of the things that make the track.

14 hours ago, Vogue Italia said:

I don't believe the O2 talks. M did cite MJ as an influence before she became his competition. Almost everyone in the industry has said MJ was an influence at some point. MJ was competitive with his sister but he didn't call her a witch. Janet also said M wasn't classy. They probably said all sorts of things behind her back. MJ was not M's friend. They tried to capitalize off their respective popularity as the king and queen of pop with a potential collaboration, but untimely they had a lot of creative differences. I doubt they kept in touch although they were cordial in public. It's strange that she has that edited picture of them in her home. I doubt Michael would have her picture in his home.

Everyone knows by now that Madonna and MJ couldn't stand each other. They were simply too different, except for the fact that they are/were both control freaks. But MJ was quite stiff, sensitive, in some ways old fashioned (don't know what his stance on queer people was, did he ever make a public comment?). Madonna on the other hand is very extroverted, blunt and relaxed when it comes to things like sexuality. But I do believe that Madonna deeply regrets that they fell out of touch and didn't really make up before he died.

Btw if there's one thing that I do find very disgusting about some black MJ, Janet, Whitney..etc fans is that they always downplay Madonna's influence and talent and I bet you guys it's simply because she is white (I'm biracial myself). 

Edited by Bionic (see edit history)

I remember reading in Madonna: An Intimate Biography by author J. Randy Taraborrelli which was the result of research spanning a decade and includes exclusive interviews with Madonna's close friends, business associates, family members, and her father, Tony Ciccone that when Prince and Madona supposedly hooked up, Sean Penn came round to her apartment, possibly while they (M and Sean) were dating, maybe they were married at this point idk and found prince there, Sean punched a hole in the wall and prince later came back and repaired the damage himself

I those tapes that rabbi recorded Michael Jackson he said about Madonna that she was jealous of him, he aso said that she wanted to bring him to the House of Xtravaganza (he did not say the name but described it as a club with men dressed like women) and he did not want to because that was disgusting to him. But we don't know how these things work. She was in and out with George Michael after he went completly wasted to one her parties in London then they were friendly again. Prince was a very private person, even Wendy & Lisa and Susannah Melvoin even more, were the closest to him and yet he had that wall between them. EvenMayte said in her book that it was hard for her how he could shut down and cut people off. There are very, very few pics of him with Kim Basinger. He was always in Minnesota and paparazzis don't go to Minnesota. And Prince, just like Michael and Madonna, was very competitive. I think Madonna lamented in an interview how hard it was to build a relationship with them. If they did not isolated themselves the way they did they probably would not have died the way they did. It's really sad that these two legends (i love Prince as much as i love Madonna, i don't like the Jacksons except for Latoya maybe because they all lack sincerity) died alone and just too soon.