Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

On 1/24/2022 at 11:40 AM, Roland Barthes said:

I know this is not her house but i was wondering if she has pics of Sean Penn hanging on a wall around her houses too.

I don't think so. If she does then she hasn't flaunted it. Basquiat is the only ex I can recall that I've seen  her post. Now that I think about even on her mood board for the movie I only saw pictures of Basquiat, Ken Compton and I think Dan Gilroy. That could've been just her pre-fame board but it's strange that I didn't even see a picture of Jellybean. I hope she doesn't downplay his importance in the film. I already think she'll downplay their relationship since she called him her shitty ex on Graham Norton a few years ago.

On 1/24/2022 at 11:43 AM, beautifulkiller said:

she has one of vanilla ice 

I must've missed that one. When did she post it? Is it a picture from her Sex book? I know that would be odd to have in her home with children but it's Madonna, she's done stranger things lol She never even talks about Vanilla Ice although he is asked about her in like every interview. He also has a biopic in the works titled To the Extreme. In 2020, it was announced that Dave Franco will star in it but I haven't heard any updates since.

https://www.thewrap.com/dave-franco-vanilla-ice-to-the-extreme/

If I was in LA I'd love to see that Tupac exhibit. It looks good.

https://www.wakemewhenimfree.com/

There's a Basquiat exhibit coming to NYC in April, I'm excited about that. it's the first exhibit curated by his family.

https://kingpleasure.basquiat.com/

Edited by Vogue Italia (see edit history)

She aknowledged Mugler's death. Someone whom up until very recently trashed her in the media. She also called him tacky in the early 90's and complained about him in Vogue in 96 when she talked about how he turned her down when she asked him to make the costumes for Human Nature (they ended up buying S&M gears in a fetich store in St Mark's place) she said that Mugler could not fathom her association with Gaultier which marked the moment Gaultier, his rival, took pole position over him. A year ago he said she wasn't a showgirl. A few years ago that Beyonce was 100 times more talented than her....When she turned 50 he said she was ridicule to keep going on tour and dying her hair blond, having plastic surgery (oh, the irony)...Well if i go by my friends whom went to ories with him (yep) he wasn't the brightest bulb light in the box and most of his work owed eerything to Mr Pearl. And that awful perfume...

And yet she did not aknowledged Sophie, Shaba doo, Andre Leon Talley  (responsible for pushing Herb Ritts to work with her ) and Sondheim...Her biopic will be a work of fiction from a parallel time. Like Earth2 Madonna.

4 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

She aknowledged Mugler's death. Someone whom up until very recently trashed her in the media. She also called him tacky in the early 90's and complained about him in Vogue in 96 when she talked about how he turned her down when she asked him to make the costumes for Human Nature (they ended up buying S&M gears in a fetich store in St Mark's place) she said that Mugler could not fathom her association with Gaultier which marked the moment Gaultier, his rival, took pole position over him. A year ago he said she wasn't a showgirl. A few years ago that Beyonce was 100 times more talented than her....

And yet she did not aknowledged Sophie, Shaba doo and Sondheim...Her biopic will be a work of fiction from a parallel time. Like Earth2 Madonna.

maybe she could not find pictures of herself with the other three ..i dont like the pressure some fans put on celebs to talk out about deaths etc etc ..like why does it need to be a public thing ? 

1 minute ago, alvaroliam said:

Or maybe she just wanted to pay respect to someone who collaborated with her in the past, despite their differences.

You know, like any other intelligent human being.

It shows she's above it and in the end, whether feuds or someone trashing her, she's saddened by the death of a former colleague. 

15 minutes ago, beautifulkiller said:

maybe she could not find pictures of herself with the other three ..i dont like the pressure some fans put on celebs to talk out about deaths etc etc ..like why does it need to be a public thing ? 

I don't care either but Sondheim for instance was someone she worked with and created something together that is a milestone in her career. Mugler press service gave a dress from his recent collection then to her for a photoshoot, mostly because it was Bruce Weber. Oh and he turned her down when she asked him to make the costumes for...Who's That Girl Tour....and kept bragging about it for years in the press. (she then turned to Alaïa but Warner did not want to give her the money for it according to Veronica Webb whom served as a translator)

I'm just saying Sondheim did not get a nod and Mugler does. She's puzzling.

9 minutes ago, beautifulkiller said:

"iconic factor " 

Sometimes i wonder if she did not leak that Tupac letter herself since up until then their "hook ups" were mostly unknown to the great public...

*hook ups because that's what they were. Tupac was dating Quincy Jones eldest daughter at the time...(that's why Quincy called Madonna himself to tell her that her Vibe Magazine cover with Rodman was trashed at the last minute as he was the editor in chief)

3 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

Sometimes i wonder if she did not leak that Tupac letter herself since up until then their "hook ups" were mostly unknown to the great public...

*hook ups because that's what they were. Tupac was dating Quincy Jones eldest daughter at the time...(that's why Quincy called Madonna himself to tell her that her Vibe Magazine cover with Rodman was trashed at the last minute as he was the editor in chief)

She does seem to latch more onto the memory culturally relevant exes, but Tupac dated Kidada Jones in 1996, the year he died which was long after his affair with Madonna. I agree that it was just a hook up. Tupac never claimed Madonna as a girlfriend, he called her a friend. Even in the letter he wrote to her from prison he talks about friendship, it's not a love letter like some claim. They were only pictured together on one day in early 1994 around the time they were recording for Bedtime Stories. By the spring of 1994 Madonna was already having a high profile affair with Dennis Rodman and Tupac was dating Keisha Morris who he married in 1995, their marriage was annulled after 10 months.

According to Dennis Rodman's book, the Vibe cover story was scrapped because the interview didn't turn out the way they (Vibe) had intended. News reports from 1994 say the cover was pulled because Quincy Jones didn't want to have a white person on the cover for a second consecutive month.

Here an excerpt from The Washington Post on May 11, 1994:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/1994/05/11/kmd-rapped-over-cover-art/cfdfeda1-0ad6-4cdb-8c84-68d076aa55e9/

Controversy came to the Quincy Jones-founded hip-hop magazine when Van Meter, who is white, decided to put the over-exposed Madonna and now-sitting-out-the-playoffs basketball star Dennis Rodman on the upcoming June-July cover (Madonna was Rodman's interviewer). Vibe's first eight covers all featured African American or Hispanic artists, but the current issue features the Beastie Boys, white rappers less than embraced by much of the hip-hop community and hardly major players. Jones was reportedly against having a second straight cover featuring a white star, fearing it would offend black readers, particularly since the June-July issue was also to include stories on Eddie Murphy (now scheduled for the cover), Spike Lee and Sly Stone. The Madonna-Rodman story was apparently a late addition to the schedule, and Madonna's contractual demand to be on the cover gummed things up. (Outside of her music persona, Madonna is, of course, the well-known author of "Sex" and a clever interview partner. Just ask David Letterman.) The Madonna-Rodman story, reportedly including hot photos by Melodie McDaniel, is now likely to appear in some other publication. Ironically, Madonna had been featured in the September 1992 test issue of Vibe, in a one-page story titled "Madonna's Props" (her business and social associates). These may not be the best of times for the needs-new-Material Girl. She is the butt of two new books, Ilene Rosenzweig's "The I Hate Madonna Handbook" and more low-brow "The Sexiest Jokes About Madonna" by Cardinal Syn. Rosenzweig's book includes such chapters as "Feminist or Slut?," "America's Most Unwanted," "Justify My Love Life" (with Madonna Ex-Lover Trading Cards) and "The Madonna Hall of Shamelessness."

Edited by Vogue Italia (see edit history)

1 hour ago, beautifulkiller said:

she does not tag 2pac and say "ex bf 2pac " though lol 
she deffo loves to remind people who she has been associated with especially if they have died 

Do you think she showed the exhibit to Mercy and said LOUDLY to her "You know, i had his dick in me, right ?" ?