Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

1 minute ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

I dont frown upon anyone for choices they make in their own lives so long as it is not hurting other people, that does not mean I cant have opinions and worries. I am genuinely concerned for Madonna, she has not been acting like herself for some time now and I am talking about so much more than weird trolling she does on social media. I also understand why she started taking opioids for her pain, that tour put her body through hell. The sad thing is that she is most likely dependent upon painkillers now even if they are no longer required. That is not a reflection of her character and I do not believe she started taking opioids to get high, its just that I dont want to lose her the way we lost Prince. That man put his body through the most unimaginable strain night after night on stage for decades and it eventually caught up with him and he never took pills to get high a day in his life.

I appreciate you coming back to respond respectfully. I understand your concern, but remember: we all go through rough patches and most of us come through the other side, right? Life is organic. We learn and grow as we experience more. I’m sure Madonna is capable of remaining grounded in her personal narrative; the one we will never actually see or hear. As already stated in this thread, we all fell in love with an image. It stands to reason that if someone doesn’t enjoy, appreciate or understand the image she projects now, they are going to feel pretty let down, confused and saddened, but I reckon it’s not by her. It’s by themselves because they haven’t fully self-realized. That’s the problem with idolatry. And I don’t say this pedantically. I’ve been in the same boat. I just try to understand the possibilities of all that we don’t see, know or understand.

10 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

I appreciate you coming back to respond respectfully. I understand your concern, but remember: we all go through rough patches and most of us come through the other side, right? Life is organic. We learn and grow as we experience more. I’m sure Madonna is capable of remaining grounded in her personal narrative; the one we will never actually see or hear. As already stated in this thread, we all fell in love with an image. It stands to reason that if someone doesn’t enjoy, appreciate or understand the image she projects now, they are going to feel pretty let down, confused and saddened, but I reckon it’s not by her. It’s by themselves because they haven’t fully self-realized. That’s the problem with idolatry. And I don’t say this pedantically. I’ve been in the same boat. I just try to understand the possibilities of all that we don’t see, know or understand.

I agree with everything you said its just that at this point I feel like Madonna is at a major turning point in her career. She obviously has no intention of retiring and since that is the case I want to see her have as much success as possible. Unfortunately she is hindered at every turn by self destructive social media, wasted opportunities, some worrying signs in her personal life and poor management. Anyone who thinks that this Frozen Remix stuff is going to be anything close to bringing her back to relevance is gravely mistaken. A tour of a bunch of her classic material and new album with an actual proper lead single choice that is well promoted is her best chance for that to happen. Forget the biopic because all of us will be dead by the time its released and its bound to be a failure like all her film projects. 

21 minutes ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

I agree with everything you said its just that at this point I feel like Madonna is at a major turning point in her career. She obviously has no intention of retiring and since that is the case I want to see her have as much success as possible. Unfortunately she is hindered at every turn by self destructive social media, wasted opportunities, some worrying signs in her personal life and poor management. Anyone who thinks that this Frozen Remix stuff is going to be anything close to bringing her back to relevance is gravely mistaken. A tour of a bunch of her classic material and new album with an actual proper lead single choice that is well promoted is her best chance for that to happen. Forget the biopic because all of us will be dead by the time its released and its bound to be a failure like all her film projects. 

I agree with you too regarding what would be required for her to regain her status with a audience that grew up with her. A stadium tour performing the hits would make a killing if she could pull it off. 

That said - and I edited my initial post with this comment before I saw your reply - I have understood that the purpose of the Frozen remixes is to get her streaming numbers up, and it has worked. 
Additionally, she has the most used 80s song on Tik Tok with Material Girl, which, as I previously stated, is quite significant in this modern cultural hell in which we all invariably participate! Even the wacky tik tok videos get her name in everyone’s mouth, and the next thing they are searching what she used to look like, and they discover Borderline, Like A Prayer, Cherish, Take A Bow, Human Nature. I mean, Bob Dylan has looked like a dead groundhog for over three decades, but the answers are still blowing in the wind for many! 

8 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

I agree with you too regarding what would be required for her to regain her status with a audience that grew up with her. A stadium tour performing the hits would make a killing if she could pull it off. 

That said - and I edited my initial post with this comment before I saw your reply - I have understood that the purpose of the Frozen remixes is to get her streaming numbers up, and it has worked. 
Additionally, she has the most used 80s song on Tik Tok with Material Girl, which, as I previously stated, is quite significant in this modern cultural hell in which we all invariably participate! Even the wacky tik tok videos get her name in everyone’s mouth, and the next thing they are searching what she used to look like, and they discover Borderline, Like A Prayer, Cherish, Take A Bow, Human Nature. I mean, Bob Dylan has looked like a dead groundhog for over three decades, but the answers are still blowing in the wind for many! 

Yeah but I am talking in terms of Madonna making a major comeback and that wont happen unless she does some damage control on her image. Yes its great she is getting more attention on Spotify and social media but her numbers are peanuts compared to what it would require to have a charting song. The momentum of the Frozen Remix has started to die off recently, I looked today and her monthly listeners had dropped slightly. When she releases another album, she needs to do a much better job in picking a lead single. With Madame X she choose to release the worst possible choice with Medellin and that failed to make any headway at all which resulted in the album being a flop.

22 minutes ago, xrayeyes said:

He’s part of the problem…

How do you guys know that?

Stop blaming people because Madonna is not acting/does not act anymore in the way you like/want. 

We have little to almost none access to her life at all to make such claims. I swear, the reaches some of you go about on this topic makes you look like you're watching her and her team 24/7.

Go out, have yourself a drink, whatever... :Madonna034:

Why does she never smile anymore? watch any interaction between herself and her circle it becomes blatantly obvious they are puppets at her beck and call. Not only that but they cant do anything fucking right either like give us remasters that are not butchered. Lockdown has not been good for Madonna's career or personal habits, she is even slower and more out of touch than ever. I keep saying that she needs a major project like an album and tour to awaken her from this nightmare, forget the fucking biopic that is going to suck and take centuries to complete, forget the shitty Frozen remixes that nobody cares about, forget the absolute cringe of the most mind numbing and toxic waste ever invented (AKA Social Media) and for the love of god someone burn that same corset that has been decomposing on her body since Adam fertilized Eve. Still not a word about the reissues and we are into April.

2 hours ago, xavier said:

For those concerned about M’s well being, maybe try to reach out to people around her on social media. Like Ricardo he seems to be around her a lot. Send a professional caring message and just maybe it may work or help. 

Or maybe we can just leave people alone and mind our business.

Sorry, this is not personal with you in particular, it's general.

There's nothing wrong with her. You don't know her and/or her life. You only see a few seconds of her life, the narrative she wants you to see. I saw nothing wrong with that TikTok video (it was silly yes, but isn't most of social media, anyway?) and was super surprised that became news even in some general media in Spain (the same media talking about mental health and women's rights, on the other hand, the hypocrisy of it all).

Leave the woman alone. No one bats an eyelid when it's Mick Jagger dancing and fooling around. The problem with her is that she is a woman and she's old and she doesn't hide. She knows that, we know that, she's not going anywhere, deal with it or stop following her, thank you very much.

12 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Or maybe we can just leave people alone and mind our business.

Sorry, this is not personal with you in particular, it's general.

There's nothing wrong with her. You don't know her and/or her life. You only see a few seconds of her life, the narrative she wants you to see. I saw nothing wrong with that TikTok video (it was silly yes, but isn't most of social media, anyway?) and was super surprised that became news even in some general media in Spain (the same media talking about mental health and women's rights, on the other hand, the hypocrisy of it all).

Leave the woman alone. No one bats an eyelid when it's Mick Jagger dancing and fooling around. The problem with her is that she is a woman and she's old and she doesn't hide. She knows that, we know that, she's not going anywhere, deal with it or stop following her, thank you very much.

Nothing we say here has any bearing on Madonna's personal life, so cut out the "Leave Her Alone" Bullshit please?Mick Jagger is also not making a complete fool of himself on social media, if he had posted what Madonna did then he would get backlash also, trying to deflect by turning this into a sexism argument is weak.

7 minutes ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

You seem like the type that would have been surprised by Michael Jacksons death.

And you seem like the type comparing her to Michael and Whitney just for the sake of it and to validate your point, when there's absolutely nothing there that you really know about - except their icon status in music history, of course.

Tip: remember to use Prince too! :cute:

2 minutes ago, Prayer said:

And you seem like the type comparing her to Michael and Whitney just for the sake of it and to validate your points, when there's absolutely nothing there that you really know about - except their icon status in music history, of course.

I dont need to have deep insider knowledge about everything she does in her personal life to be concerned about her current mental health. Do I need to be a personal friend of Kanye West to see that the man is batshit crazy? If you had it your way this forum would be a place where everyone was forced to never utter a word that was less than ideal about the artist you obviously stan. As a matter of fact I cant find one post of yours that has disliked one of her projects.

3 minutes ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

You keep telling yourself that. I am done trying to debate those who are deluded stans beyond any logical reasoning.

I don't think you're debating. I think you're imposing. Two different things.

But hey, to each their own, keep waiting for her fatal death I guess? And I will act all surprised and sad when it happens.

18 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I don't think you're debating. I think you're imposing. Two different things.

But hey, to each their own, keep waiting for her fatal death I guess? And I will act all surprised and sad when it happens.

Your the one telling everyone to mind our own business and not dare to have concerns about her crazy behavior lately. Who is the one imposing? This is a discussion forum and not your personal dictatorship, deal with it. I dont tell you what to think so quit doing it to me.

educate-yourself.gif

4 hours ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

I dont need to have deep insider knowledge about everything she does in her personal life to be concerned about her current mental health. Do I need to be a personal friend of Kanye West to see that the man is batshit crazy? If you had it your way this forum would be a place where everyone was forced to never utter a word that was less than ideal about the artist you obviously stan. As a matter of fact I cant find one post of yours that has disliked one of her projects.

But people’s perception of Kanye isn’t just based on what he says or does on social media. It’s based also on the statements of people who know him personally very well and have spent a lot of time around him like Kim Kardashiian. 

6 hours ago, xrayeyes said:

He’s part of the problem…

Even if she were addicted to alcohol or prescription drugs why would that be Ricardo’s fault? 
One thing I’ve learned having been around people with addictions, is they have to make the decision for themselves that they have a problem and want to seek help and no one can force them to do anything before they are ready by yelling at them or going on rants  or even by logical persuasion. 

Are we back on the Madonnas an alcoholic train again?  ?

She posts pics with filters and gets ganged up on. She posts her natural face and gets called old.  The truth is people like older women to hide and shrink themselves and she’s not doing that. She showed her face in closeup without makeup. A good 90% of people doing that would look terrible. 

40 minutes ago, adirondak said:

Are we back on the Madonnas an alcoholic train again?  ?

She posts pics with filters and gets ganged up on. She posts her natural face and gets called old.  The truth is people like older women to hide and shrink themselves and she’s not doing that. She showed her face in closeup without makeup. A good 90% of people doing that would look terrible. 

All of this!   F#ck the haters!

7 hours ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

Your the one telling everyone to mind our own business and not dare to have concerns about her crazy behavior lately. Who is the one imposing? This is a discussion forum and not your personal dictatorship, deal with it. I dont tell you what to think so quit doing it to me.

educate-yourself.gif

Honey you needs to get yourself a life. #get #a #life