Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

13 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

This is such a beautiful photo of her children and whoever that is supposed to be in the middle. I love her. I really do. But girl....

Please forgive me and don't light me up with the quotes.

but but but, she is posting it for charity to support victims!! they all need something nice to look at!

27 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

And what has anyone else here done to help the crisis in Ukraine?

I didnt think so.

Enough with the criticism over this.

photoshopped pictures don't help the crisis. If anything, they make the crisis all about the person who is photoshopped.

1 hour ago, androiduser said:

photoshopped pictures don't help the crisis. If anything, they make the crisis all about the person who is photoshopped.

It doesn’t… but not photoshopping also doesn’t help? M taking sometime to show she even notices Ukraine and struggles occurring is more than enough. 

22 minutes ago, Vasili said:

To me, she seemed to lack a bit of confidence during that performance.
Then there’s the lack of confidence that’s evident by how much she yassafied herself in that latest family portrait.

Maybe she's just trying to figure out the best way not to have 10,000 comments on her photos telling her she looks bad. 

49 minutes ago, Vasili said:

To me, she seemed to lack a bit of confidence during that performance.

I mean can you blame her? we are talking about a long run of mediocre or downright awful live performances from her in more recent years. She would never admit it but Madonna is not stupid enough to seriously think that Eurovision or Harlem were good. Everyone should just be glad that she did not massively fuck up this time and was motivated by trying to help a worthy cause. I also appreciated Elton thanking her, everything he touches turns to gold these days and getting friendlier with him and the connections he has would not be a bad thing for Madonna.

40 minutes ago, Aladdin Sane said:

I mean can you blame her? we are talking about a long run of mediocre or downright awful live performances from her in more recent years. She would never admit it but Madonna is not stupid enough to seriously think that Eurovision or Harlem were good. Everyone should just be glad that she did not massively fuck up this time and was motivated by trying to help a worthy cause. I also appreciated Elton thanking her, everything he touches turns to gold these days and getting friendlier with him and the connections he has would not be a bad thing for Madonna.

If she knows it begs the question: Why not hire a vocal coach. It’s bizarre 

13 minutes ago, Shoful said:

If she knows it begs the question: Why not hire a vocal coach. It’s bizarre 

I would think its because she is no longer as motivated as she was back in the 90's when she got herself vocal training. She was also not counting on her autotune going to hell at Eurovision, she would not be using so much autotune in the first place if she was actually confident in her vocals.

35 minutes ago, Aladdin Sane said:

I would think its because she is no longer as motivated as she was back in the 90's when she got herself vocal training. She was also not counting on her autotune going to hell at Eurovision, she would not be using so much autotune in the first place if she was actually confident in her vocals.

She wasn’t autotuned at the met gala aside from dark ballet and she sounded great. You’re also making the assumption a vocal coach and training would be some magic wand. When you’re a singer for 35+ years and doing the amount of live shows that she has, coupled with aging,  she’s probably done damage that is irreversible. I think she sounds fine when she doesn’t let her nerves get the best of her. 

45 minutes ago, adirondak said:

You’re also making the assumption a vocal coach and training would be some magic wand. When you’re a singer for 35+ years and doing the amount of live shows that she has, coupled with aging,  she’s probably done damage that is irreversible. I think she sounds fine when she doesn’t let her nerves get the best of her. 

Sounds like you are trying to put words in my mouth, when did I say that getting a vocal coach would be a magic wand? I was simply answering a question about why she has not gotten one yet which would definitely be good for her. Why would her voice be damaged from live performing, she does not tour relentlessly and uses loads of autotune, that is hardly some massive strain on her voice. I just dont buy touring having anything to do with her vocal decline. I also just went back and checked out that Met Gala performance and she sounds very spotty in certain sections.

I don´t think she has vocal decline, to tell you the truth. In fact, look at how young her voice sounds, it´s not the voice of a 60 years old woman, but the one from a young girl: clear, no slow vibrato, in tune.

My opinion: when I started following her, about 1999, she still was training her voice for the records and tours, you can see her doing vocal exercises on the 2004 dvd. And you can hear that her live vocals on American Life promo tour or on 2001 or 2004 tours are quite good on her level, if she was not dancing.  Then, I don´t know. To me she has been sounding good yet on live aid 2007, rebel heart era and so on. Whatever she might have lost, due to not training, can be mostly recovered working on it: vibrato, lunge power, even gaining range, and I say that cause don´t I think she is doing much vocal training since the madame x tour maybe? And a pro singer, as I think she was, must train through all her life. Anyway, I might be wrong about her not taking care of her voice, cause she might do things that are not print on her instragram account.

Here she did good, without a microphone, recorded live and raw with a mobil phone. The reasons she did sounded awful on Eurovision and a few things more are more complex than losing the voice. I think she underehearsed the whole thing maybe taken more care about the visuals or the band than her voice, or did not hear herself properly and so she went out of tune, or the autotune was not well adjusted, or simply did not give a damn (Harlem) I don´t know... But I´m sure if Madonna wants can please anybody singing like a clear bird on a small room any day. It´s just that the big places with big acoustic sometimes kill her vocally. 

I say that cause I love her voice, and I think she should know better one of her appeals is her unique and very beautiful voice, that she is a musician first who has a her main instrument her voice and that some of us actually prefer her voice much more than Mariah´s, lady gagas or Celine´s..She does not know that.

6 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

I don´t think she has vocal decline, to tell you the truth. In fact, look at how young her voice sounds, it´s not the voice of a 60 years old woman, but the one from a young girl: clear, no slow vibrato, in tune.

My opinion: when I started following her, about 1999, she still was training her voice for the records and tours, you can see her doing vocal exercises on the 2004 dvd. And you can hear that her live vocals on American Life promo tour or on 2001 or 2004 tours are quite good on her level, if she was not dancing.  Then, I don´t know. To me she has been sounding good yet on live aid 2007, rebel heart era and so on. Whatever she might have lost, due to not training, can be mostly recovered working on it: vibrato, lunge power, even gaining range, and I say that cause don´t I think she is doing much vocal training since the madame x tour maybe? And a pro singer, as I think she was, must train through all her life. Anyway, I might be wrong about her not taking care of her voice, cause she might do things that are not print on her instragram account.

Here she did good, without a microphone, recorded live and raw with a mobil phone. The reasons she did sounded awful on Eurovision and a few things more are more complex than losing the voice. I think she underehearsed the whole thing maybe taken more care about the visuals or the band than her voice, or did not hear herself properly and so she went out of tune, or the autotune was not well adjusted, or simply did not give a damn (Harlem) I don´t know... But I´m sure if Madonna wants can please anybody singing like a clear bird on a small room any day. It´s just that the big places with big acoustic sometimes kill her vocally. 

I say that cause I love her voice, and I think she should know better one of her appeals is her unique and very beautiful voice, that she is a musician first who has a her main instrument her voice and that some of us actually prefer her voice much more than Mariah´s, lady gagas or Celine´s..She does not know that.

I agree with this. 

9 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

It appeared to me as if the problem during the performance on Eurovision had more to do with the sound engineering than vocal skills. The amateur videos from the venue itself sound much better. 

43 minutes ago, Just 4 said:

It appeared to me as if the problem during the performance on Eurovision had more to do with the sound engineering than vocal skills. The amateur videos from the venue itself sound much better. 

Yeah something was off. Quavo's voice sounded crisp and clear. Her's sounded like wrong autotune settings. 

1 hour ago, Aladdin Sane said:

I agree that Eurovision was as bad as it was because of technical issues but her voice is not what it used to be naturally either, Harlem clearly showed us that. Not saying that it would be impossible to get her vocals straightened out again but she would require some lessons.

The Harlem event was in a small club and it seemed like she was having problems with her ear monitors. You can’t sing well if you can’t hear yourself.