Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

8 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

Ok. No. Lol. I think it was said fairly eloquently. It's one thing to have an opinion  about something, but to insist that it's a person's God giving right (paraphrasing) to humiliate or degrade someone's looks is old, petty and shallow. It can be triggering for some people. It's called humility. Be humble. Degrade her shoes...

First I personally never talk about Madonna in a humiliating way.. I am nearly as old as Madonna... so I have no problem with her age.. I also do not bitch about her using Photoshop... a lot of people do... not my problem... secondly do you expect people to shut up just because you want them to shut up? you do not realizing that fighting people and telling them to shut up will just make them keep on, even louder?

6 minutes ago, HampusFL said:

First I personally never talk about Madonna in a humiliating way.. I am nearly as old as Madonna... so I have no problem with her age.. I also do not bitch about her using Photoshop... a lot of people do... not my problem... secondly do you expect people to shut up just because you want them to shut up? you do not realizing that fighting people and telling them to shut up will just make them keep on, even louder?

No xo 😘 

4 hours ago, HampusFL said:

Do you really not see that for other people you come across just as the people you are complaining about?

No. I think that’s a mechanism people use to protect their desire to bully. However feel free to quote anywhere I’ve talked about anyones appearance negatively since I supposedly come across the same. I think you’ll come up short. 

14 hours ago, adirondak said:

No. I think that’s a mechanism people use to protect their desire to bully. However feel free to quote anywhere I’ve talked about anyones appearance negatively since I supposedly come across the same. I think you’ll come up short. 

Why should I need to protect my desire to bully... apart from not agreeing with you... I would love for you to show me where I am really bullying anyone on this forum.. start with Madonna...

You do not need to talk about peoples look to be a bully, your constant talk about people being bitter, telling them to move on, find different female artists etc... is no-matter what you say a form of bullying... and it is exactly what made me react to your posts... Stop pretending that you are the leading-fan and stop telling people who you do not agree with to move on...

People... please remember that we are all on the same side.  Madonna alters her photos... yes... I do too a bit whether it is to disguise a wrinkle, undarken my eyes, look more structually chiseled or hide my crooked nose.  Madonna has used makeup, photoshop, wardrobe and lighting to alter her appearance for decades, even when she was a twenty something.  It is OK.  She looks great, even without the filters.  Honestly, Madonna was, is and will remain iconic.  I rather enjoy the instagram and selfies.  Madonna definitely has put more light into the world than she has taken and that is what makes her a legend.  

I love how some people think that we should just accept and be silent about M's blatant use of Facetune/Photoshop?

Complaining about it on a niche forum isn't going to start a revolution, clearly, but we should never completely accept it.

It's also a spectrum, and M overdoes it and most of her audience/public thinks it's an utter joke... That she's now a joke.

Her legacy as a feminist icon is eroding with this kind of unhealthy self-abuse. For what and whose gaze?

1 hour ago, Vasili said:

Her legacy as a feminist icon is eroding with this kind of unhealthy self-abuse. For what and whose gaze?

If Madonna's legacy as a feminist icon is eroding by using photoshop it was not much of a legacy to begin with. If people wanna talk about the fact that there are ways she could go about marketing herself better, that is one thing but lets not blow things out of proportion. Once Madonna passes nobody is going to be sitting around talking about how photoshop destroyed her legacy:laughing:

2 hours ago, Vasili said:

I love how some people think that we should just accept and be silent about M's blatant use of Facetune/Photoshop?

Complaining about it on a niche forum isn't going to start a revolution, clearly, but we should never completely accept it.

It's also a spectrum, and M overdoes it and most of her audience/public thinks it's an utter joke... That she's now a joke.

This is a clear example of arrogance. That's your perspective. And you're entitled to it. If it angers you or if you take such offense to how an individual makes life choices - you dahling...have WAY too much time on your hands, and perhaps should practice gratitude; humility and self-reflection. To each their own I guess.

Why are you here though is what I wonder?

3 hours ago, Robertthenurse said:

This is a clear example of arrogance. That's your perspective. And you're entitled to it. If it angers you or if you take such offense to how an individual makes life choices - you dahling...have WAY too much time on your hands, and perhaps should practice gratitude; humility and self-reflection. To each their own I guess.

Why are you here though is what I wonder?

He’s a Gaga stan who spends time coming here to put down Madonna whilst pretending he’s a fan.  It’s ironic fillers would be his target…

Ps nobody cares about mentioning fillers, there’s a way to do it tactfully without being degrading, and maybe having something worth bringing to the table besides repeating the same comments of the past 10 years, but he already knew that. 

I used to be able to relate to or understand what Madonna was doing in her work but everything she is doing now is going right over my head. 

It is frustrating when one has turned to an artist to help them feel empowered in the face of injustice and unfairness...to make sense of things that are confusing. 

I feel abandoned. I wake up everyday wondering if she has come back but all I see are endless displays of things I do not understand. 

I feel like Madonna has succumbed to pressure. 

Is it it me or is it her?

22 minutes ago, LikeAMelody said:

I used to be able to relate to or understand what Madonna was doing in her work but everything she is doing now is going right over my head. 

It is frustrating when one has turned to an artist to help them feel empowered in the face of injustice and unfairness...to make sense of things that are confusing. 

I feel abandoned. I wake up everyday wondering if she has come back but all I see are endless displays of things I do not understand. 

I remember feeling like Madonna had lost me when she released Bedtime Stories.  Now I love it.  I was also extremely disappointed with Hard Candy and Madame X, and to a lesser extent, MDNA. I doubt I will ever come around on those. However, now that she’s trying to mount a big tour I think (hope) she will be bringing her A-game to this next album as well as these remasters. Considering Warner now has a stake in her success I think she will have to. 

Now of course i don’t know the truth, but from what I’ve observed, my guess is several things happened all in a row. I think Madonna pushed herself too hard on the MDNA tour and really injured herself in ways she has never really fully recovered from. Then it seems like she went through menopause between MDNA tour and Rebel Heart, and then there was the Rocco stuff with him moving out to be with his dad. Perhaps all this is what made her seem so off kilter and not herself personality wise. I don’t know if the butt is related to her injuries or she just inflated it for cosmetics. Maybe all this sad stuff made her realize all the discipline isn’t so important and to just have more fun on her own terms. 

53 minutes ago, LikeAMelody said:

Repress yourself, don't express yourself

1 hour ago, LikeAMelody said:

Or maybe it's just you growing up and seeing things for yourself.

She hasn't changed what she believes in and fight for, she does it differently, she did not become a trumpist overnight. She's jsut living her life in her own terms which are, apparently, not the terms she's supposed to be living it. I may not agree with her personal choices but i love how she's not trying to please anyone but herself. That, to me at least, is empowering in a world where everyone is so conforming and obsessed with their image and how other perceive them. Because at the end of the day she's not breaking any law, she's not abusing anyone, she's just living her life how she wants to live it, unapologetically, and people hate her for that.