Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

10 hours ago, Sillynate said:

Her current Instagram story has a “which Madonna album are you” filter. Does anyone know what app it’s from?? I searched on Snapchat and Instagram and saw nothing 

It's a filter for IG.

Open the camera on the app, go to the “Explore” option scrolling the filters to the right, and search “Madonna's albums”.

Can we talk about the insane amount of accusations of sex trafficking she's getting? I know she's always dealt with crazy conspiracy theories but it seems like way more this time around. There was a tiktok video about this that got 3m+ views. A few of the right wing nutjobs at Daily wire have made videos about it like Candace Owens. Nearly 50% of the comments on her IG posts are about this. 

They usually link back to an article about how "The World Ethiopian Federation", which turns out to be an America based Christian org, has accused her due to her Sex Book (which many are taking as fact despite her writing its fiction), and the fact that David Banda was pictured wearing dresses.

30 minutes ago, solveforthis1 said:

i feel like other fandoms would be defending their artist and not shitting all over the fans that express concern

You've created an account here just to post this 'rumour' which is clearly complete and utter nonsense. 

It's not shitting on a fan expressing concern, it's treating a troll with the contempt they deserve. 

13 minutes ago, Curator said:

You've created an account here just to post this 'rumour' which is clearly complete and utter nonsense. 

It's not shitting on a fan expressing concern, it's treating a troll with the contempt they deserve. 

Im not simply re-posting the rumour. I explained how its obiously crap in my first post.

It's not jsut "a" troll, its thousands, and videos getting millions of views. She just shut down her IG comments to the public because of it. This is a thread about her social media. Is it not relavent?  Unless you're calling me the troll? Im literally a fan who's defended her. Many of the people attacking her arent crazy conservatives, theyre ppl who just read a bunch of misinformation.

Edited by solveforthis1 (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, sara94 said:

Accusations like these are getting on my last damn nerves. Ridiculous and baseless. 

Doesn't surprise me at all that these lies are being spread by MAGA's. Ever since she supported Hillary and held that Speech at Women's March, they are trying everything they can to take her down.

same. The accusations are completely baseless and a lot of it is based in homophobia.

But a lot of the people attacking on social media are actually not conservatives, just regular ppl who get cuaght up in conspiracies. I interacted with one on twitter and they literally did not know the source of the accusations. Its scary how effective the rightwing/conspiracy pipeline is. I just wish there were people/videos debunking the claims. Instead the Madonna fandom seems to either want to completely ignore it or attack the fans who bring it up as a point fo concern, like what just happened above ._.

10 minutes ago, solveforthis1 said:

same. The accusations are completely baseless and a lot of it is based in homophobia.

But a lot of the people attacking on social media are actually not conservatives, just regular ppl who get cuaght up in conspiracies. I interacted with one on twitter and they literally did not know the source of the accusations. Its scary how effective the rightwing/conspiracy pipeline is. I just wish there were people/videos debunking the claims. Instead the Madonna fandom seems to either want to completely ignore it or attack the fans who bring it up as a point fo concern, like what just happened above ._.

I mean no Artist was attacked more by the church and its followers than Madonna and most of the people in this fandom remember that so its nothing new or special at all. 

What bothers me more are these ignorant Gen-Z kids on Tik Tok. They would literally do and say anything for likes and views. 

2 hours ago, solveforthis1 said:

Can we talk about the insane amount of accusations of sex trafficking she's getting? I know she's always dealt with crazy conspiracy theories but it seems like way more this time around. There was a tiktok video about this that got 3m+ views. A few of the right wing nutjobs at Daily wire have made videos about it like Candace Owens. Nearly 50% of the comments on her IG posts are about this. 

They usually link back to an article about how "The World Ethiopian Federation", which turns out to be an America based Christian org, has accused her due to her Sex Book (which many are taking as fact despite her writing its fiction), and the fact that David Banda was pictured wearing dresses.

This whole thing is incredibly disgusting, especially considering how those fake news accusations are spread across TikTok and other social media citing all kinds of "evidence" as facts. Quite a number of people seem to buy into it. Clickbait does what it does. 

At the end of the day, the root of all evil here is homophobia and hostility towards LGBT issues and gender equality – all of which the World Ethiopian Federation has a very long history with. Madonna isn't the first whose name they've linked to similar accusations due to their prominent conservative agenda. If it hadn't been for the relaunch of SEX at Art Basel in Miami, I doubt any of this would have happened anyways. But with images and quotations make rounds since, she's become an easy target.

That said, no major media outlet has taken that petition seriously. Neither has Lazarus Chakwera, President of Malawi, who had been addressed directly. It's just a bunch of misogynistic and homophobic individuals doing what they do best: spreading hatred and reinforcing archaic world views. We've seen it before, but I admit that the nature of that position and its psychotic reasoning did irritate me immensely for a second.

13 minutes ago, sara94 said:

I mean no Artist was attacked more by the church and its followers than Madonna and most of the people in this fandom remember that so its nothing new or special at all. 

What bothers me more are these ignorant Gen-Z kids on Tik Tok. They would literally do and say anything for likes and views. 

i get that first part. I mean, she purposefully provokes the church so that backlash is kinda expected. But this new conspiracy shit involving her kids and charity work is just so vile and evil. 

it really makes me sad that what supposed to be a time for celebration of her tour is being tarnished rn when almost every top comment has to do with trafficking.  its hard to stop misinformation.

Edited by solveforthis1 (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, acolyte said:

At the end of the day, the root of all evil here is homophobia and hostility towards LGBT issues and gender equality – all of which the World Ethiopian Federation has a very long history with. Madonna isn't the first whose name they've linked to similar accusations due to their prominent conservative agenda.

I didnt even know that the federation did that. That's so dumb. I looked them up and theyre literally a Christian non profit based in the USA. I knew it was complete BS after that

2 minutes ago, solveforthis1 said:

I didnt even know that the federation did that. That's so dumb. I looked them up and theyre literally a Christian non profit based in the USA. I knew it was complete BS after that

No offence to anyone, but "Christian non profit based in the USA" is always a bit of a giveaway, isn't it? 😹