Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

8 minutes ago, sara94 said:

Its depressing asf. We had such a great time after the tours announcement and now its fucking ruined. Every page i go to I see negative stuff about her

I know, same here in France. We need, us fans, to keep staying positive and happy, and not let anger and bad vives affect us. 

i am happy that she is standing up for herself, but the excuse that the photos look the way they do because of a distorting long lense are ridiculous, everyone was shot by the same lense and the other people didn't look distorted. A wide angle lense would do a heavy distortion if used for a close up.

40 minutes ago, sara94 said:

Its depressing asf. We had such a great time after the tours announcement and now its fucking ruined. Every page i go to I see negative stuff about her

After arguing with american karens (sorry but its true) yesterday all day long, I listened to Ray of Light album with my eyes closed before going to bed. Oh it felt so good, like a warm hug. I suggest you guys to stay away from social media. Some of us are also masochists just like Madonna .

Edited by pawn_shop_blues (see edit history)

1 minute ago, pawn_shop_blues said:

After arguing with american karens (sorry but its true) yesterday all day long, I listened to Ray of Light album with my eyes closed before going to bed. Oh its felt so good, like a warm hug. I suggest you guys to stay away from social media. Some of us are also masochists just like Madonna .

The karens and their male counterparts are the worst. Jealous bitches. 

You're right. I'm gonna watch S&S Tour to heal my nerves

After catching up on all the drama here, I also believe some time with Ray of Light and meditation is something we all probably need right now.

I love Madonna and always will. She’s now pass her pop tier of MJ and Prince. She’s approaching Cher and Dolly’s tier. I look forward to that day. Everyone isn’t going to like her all of a sudden though and her tenacity will allow her to transcend the haters. She’s done multiple times and she will continue.

Long live the Queen of Pop, our Joan of Arc!

40 minutes ago, IconicQueen said:

Whenever she goes somewhere you know there's a sh!t storm coming. I feel like we need to psychoanalize what is it about her that creates such a strong reaction in people.

Her resilence. 

No its true. I think the media & public hates her even more bc she's not giving in and not hiding. They thought they could mock her the way they did with MJ and she wouldn't say anything like he did.

9 hours ago, Edward I Longshanks said:

With all due respect, this part of your post reeks of blissful ignorance. Simon Cowell went crazy on botox and remember how much attention and hate he got for it, guess what! HE WAS  A WHITE MALE! Even more laughable that you claim its not acceptable to discuss the size of a penis, seriously what universe do you live in? its sexualized and discussed with a frequency that makes me want to throw up. You don't need to lie and make yourself blind to facts in order to make a point. Ughhh my head hurts sometimes after scrolling through these threads.

Im not sure Simon Cowell and Madonna faced the same levels of outright cruelty. 

As for penis size commentary, women face far more scrutiny over their bodies than men. Far more. That is a fact. The egos of men are constantly protected in our society. This doesn't mean it NEVER Happens to men, it means that it happens more to women versus men. (And we are speaking about celebrities here, specifically Madonna) So the patriarchy as a system does very much play into this. There are far more stories of women being coerced into nude scenes vs men. More stories of sexual harassment come from women. More stories of this kind of treatment come from women. The vitriol aimed at her is far higher than any male celebrity. Citing that it does happen to men doesn't discount that it happens to her and other female celebrities - far more. So, I don't feel I am the one lying to myself. 

11 hours ago, Edward I Longshanks said:

With all due respect, this part of your post reeks of blissful ignorance. Simon Cowell went crazy on botox and remember how much attention and hate he got for it, guess what! HE WAS  A WHITE MALE! Even more laughable that you claim its not acceptable to discuss the size of a penis, seriously what universe do you live in? its sexualized and discussed with a frequency that makes me want to throw up. You don't need to lie and make yourself blind to facts in order to make a point. Ughhh my head hurts sometimes after scrolling through these threads.

Yeah, must be hard to process informations when you're not well wired for it.

3 hours ago, sara94 said:

And they double down on those awful child trafficking rumors. It’s so bad.  But at the end of the day, I have my tickets. I’m going to go see the show with my husband and my mom, that he lovingly paid for and I’m going to have the time of my life.

5 minutes ago, SecretProject said:

And they double down on those awful child trafficking rumors. It’s so bad.  But at the end of the day, I have my tickets. I’m going to go see the show with my husband and my mom, that he lovingly paid for and I’m going to have the time of my life.

Wow they're really trying to cancel her, huh. Whats next, accusing her of bein the head of Al Qaida?

3 hours ago, androiduser said:

i am happy that she is standing up for herself, but the excuse that the photos look the way they do because of a distorting long lense are ridiculous, everyone was shot by the same lense and the other people didn't look distorted. A wide angle lense would do a heavy distortion if used for a close up.

Who else was shot in extreme closeup like that at the Grammys?  I haven’t seen a single other celebrity that close?  Happy to admit if I’m wrong but I have not seen photos of anyone else at the Grammys in such a similar photo angle. 

35 minutes ago, adirondak said:

Who else was shot in extreme closeup like that at the Grammys?  I haven’t seen a single other celebrity that close?  Happy to admit if I’m wrong but I have not seen photos of anyone else at the Grammys in such a similar photo angle. 

pictures get cropped.... it's not like photographers changed their lenses just to shoot Madonna from an unflattering angle. Madonna's face didn't change due to the use of lenses and angles.

It's never been a day at the park being a Madonna fan. Since i fell for her as child with Into The Groove, i've ALWAYS had people trying to stop me from loving her, trashing her (even scratching my records). And i realize that it never crossed my mind to leave ship because the tide was too high and the wind in the wrong direction. The only time i was less into Madonna was Evita because i don't like musicals and peronism was a fascism, no need to glorify that. In fact i loved other popstars like Bjork, PJ and so many others but they don't have the guts Madonna has, they don't have the political and social dimension she has, sometimes it's totally in spite of her, she's like a walking Rorschach test, people seem to read what they want to read in her and reveal what's deep inside them in the process. You can't be controversial and popular, you can't be controversial and not have people angry at you, the funny thing with Madonna is that she's very light controversial, there are better or worst social disturbers, but with Madonna it seems that it's just because it's Madonna that people have these extreme reactions. She challenges people, even her fans, too much, people don't want to be bothered, to grow out of their comfort zone and question what they believe in. She does not have to say anything or present herself in any special way, she's like this artifact that makes people go crazy. the right, the left alike and the middle alike. And i love her for that, she's not only an artist, she's also a work of art herself, her own masterpiece. She's like this chemical element that transforms any tepid liquid into dynamite to explode certainties.

15 hours ago, teammadonna said:

It is a well-known fact that the media has hated Madonna. But lately, their hatred has gone too far. look at these pictures. these are Madonna's own Instagram photos. 

team madonna 01.pngteam madonna 02.png

Her figure is still as beautiful as the goddess of ageless beauty. She looks like she's in her twenties and looks like an immortal goddess. I can totally see Goddess of Dita is back!!

And then look at these disgusting photos posted by Madonna-hating media. They photoshopped the wrinkles on Madonna's beautiful face and twisted and stretched her face to make her look aged and ugly.

just jared is madonna haters 02.pngjust jared is madonna haters 01.png

Enough is enough. The media's hatred of women must stop!!!!!!

Hen did you just use Madonnas instagram as an example of the reality of how she really looks?

You really jumped the shark there love.

I'm all up for debate and opinions and analyzing why she has this affect on people but child

This post truth world is wild

What I find most interesting in this forum over the last few days is how many people I'd never read a single comment from before in the day to day banter about her work. It's like they're only interested in talking about how she looks. Do they only come out when there's a pile-on?

1 hour ago, androiduser said:

pictures get cropped.... it's not like photographers changed their lenses just to shoot Madonna from an unflattering angle. Madonna's face didn't change due to the use of lenses and angles.

Then why she looked like that backstage? 
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoTgSSjAVYz/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

1 hour ago, androiduser said:

I disagree.  Photographers have a job to sell their photos.  You don’t think they have an idea that terrible closeups of Madonna will go viral?

It really is a merry go round that will never end. On one side, she's the crypt keeper and ruined everything. On the other side she is a goddess. Full stop. If you didnt like her hair in 1987 or Madame X didnt quite do it for you: excommunicated. No middle ground. 

I'm glad she's alive. I hope all is well behind the scenes. And I just look forward to her work, whether I love it it or not. 

If I let the general public's opinion OR the Madonna fandom popular opinion effect how I viewed her, I wouldn't have liked a damn thing. And I'm not responding to the usual suspects today. Quote your eyebrows.

She’s being ripped apart in the witchesvspatriarchy community on Reddit. And it’s a bunch of people who don’t have the deep dive knowledge that we have of her just making shit up. It’s resorted to that. And truth always wins out. So I’m not worried about this crap anymore. People have their ignorant opinions and won’t budge. Even if they’re complete lies.  Even as far to say that she’s made anti lgbt comments. Like are you for real?!

I’m just going to look forward to the tour that I know she’ll slay. 

8 hours ago, vadge said:

A mod deleting any users comment because they personally don't agree with them is wild. But alas...

Calm your pussy. His transphobic message is hidden, not deleted. (Nothing is ever deleted here) 

and you can still see it clear as day in the next message that quotes it. 

and it’s not just my “personal belief” that you should not be an asshole. It’s a requirement to participate here. 

WILD!

It is somewhat dishearting that 40 years haven't changed the fear and insecurity of the masses. I remember the outrage about her belly button and her visible bra's, every era ever since has come with the tagline "she's gone too far"

What I thought was especially telling was how (at least in the Dutch and Belgian media) the celebration tour was just mentioned through the press release and there were some articles on ticket prices, but nothing too weird or bad, then once the first nights were immediately sold out and extra shows were added the next day scathing articles appeared on how there was little left of the star of yesteryear. LOL the clownerie!!!! All it actually tells us is that Madonna is as provocative and relevant as she ever was. Remember the Girlie show interview when she says "If everything I do is so boring why do you keep paying attention"

I'm looking forward to see her live and I'm gonna blow her a kiss, she's a hero