Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

about limited instagram comments.. you think they're limited because it doesn't allow you to post a reply to someone? this happens when the user disables people who they don't follow to reply to them. happens all the time. you can normally still comment without mentioning them, or making a general comment to her picture/video 

13 minutes ago, FallingInLove said:

It may not happen as often as with women, but when a man makes a fool of himself, people notice and comment too: 

image.png.f4032442eae1bfdc75c324260dd37dcd.png

yeah on the two occasions and usually is about doing 'women stuff' to their face. Mostly targeting gay or ambiguous celebrities.

They don't made it about not agreeing with their age or age naturally. 

Even with Mickey Rourke tabloids apologized for his facework related to his mental health and being a boxer. Nothing to do with not ageing gracefully.

Just now, lalalagirl said:

about limited instagram comments.. you think they're limited because it doesn't allow you to post a reply to someone? this happens when the user disables people who they don't follow to reply to them. happens all the time. you can normally still comment without mentioning them, or making a general comment to her picture/video 

You can choose for only people that follows you to comment (great to stop bots + trolls)

But also you can limit unwanted interactions , when comments are hidden until they approve them

22 minutes ago, HampusFL said:

Social media is an outlet for hate...I used to engage in a lot of discussions on social media... but I rarely bother anymore... all the insane hate is depressing.. and nothing you say will really make people change their ways of behaving.

So true. I stopped looking at my Facebook feed years ago. You can really get sucked into a world of negativity.

I also get weird comments on my YouTube channel. The most recent one was a Bruce Springsteen fan repeatedly arguing that Bruce Springsteen is more successful than Madonna. Every statistic they used did not even make sense. They were basically saying his ticket sales and album sales in 1985 were way higher and so that proved he was much more successful than her. He also claimed that because Bruce sold his catalogue for 500 million that made him the most successful artist of all time and that “nobody would buy Madonna’s catalogue.” Lots of insane people out there that just talk utter rubbish I’m afraid.

2 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

So true. I stopped looking at my Facebook feed years ago. You can really get sucked into a world of negativity.

I also get weird comments on my YouTube channel. The most recent one was a Bruce Springsteen fan repeatedly arguing that Bruce Springsteen is more successful than Madonna. Every statistic they used did not even make sense. They were basically saying his ticket sales and album sales in 1985 were way higher and so that proved he was much more successful than her. He also claimed that because Bruce sold his catalogue for 500 million that made him the most successful artist of all time and that “nobody would buy Madonna’s catalogue.” Lots of insane people out there that just talk utter rubbish I’m afraid.

there are always insane / mentally unstable stans of other artists trying their best to trash and diminish Madonna's achievements ...the bigger the artist the harder they want them to fall I think

they just  can't deal with M being one of the greatest so they do things like this.. over and over again

nowadays it's almost like a general consensus that Madonna is the easiest punchbag to pound on so they go after her , constantly

so frustrating tbh

15 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Yes, when people have made their mind up... nothing you say can change their opinion... no-matter how wrong they are they think they are right :lol:

25 minutes ago, Ian said:

the amount of  diss he's got is nowhere near as strong as the awful almost violent vitriol that M has been through

Yes, but then again, most older men don't take pictures of themselves in their underwear, posing in the bathroom, lying on the bed, trying to portrait themselves as young and sexy as possible. I'm not against it! If someone wants to do that... but don't be disapointed if people don't react the way you want them too. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Simple as that. 

3 minutes ago, FallingInLove said:

Yes, but then again, most older men don't take pictures of themselves in their underwear, posing in the bathroom, lying on the bed, trying to portrait themselves as young and sexy as possible. I'm not against it! If someone wants to do that... but don't be disapointed if people don't react the way you want them too. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Simple as that. 

The problem is not that people react... people react to everything... the problem is the hateful way that they react in... people want the right to call other people horrible negative things... but usually the most vile ones will scream and turn you into eg. Facebook if you answer them back with even a fraction of the rudeness they dish out themselves....

11 minutes ago, FallingInLove said:

She does rock the boat that is true. As she should. But what was strange about this occasion is that she did literally nothing other than show up. Her entire body was covered up. And all she did was support younger artists. It was the most PC appearance she’s done in years.

2 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

She does rock the boat that is true. As she should. But what was strange about this occasion is that she did literally nothing other than show up. Her entire body was covered up. And all she did was support younger artists. It was the most PC appearance she’s done in years.

That's true. But all her filtered pics don't help either, people expect her to look like she usually presents herself via Facebook etc., and then she appears and looks totally different. First she provokes envy, and then people are relieved she doesn't look that fabulous.

Also her speeches may be appreciated by her fans, but the general public just hears that she praises herself as rebel, trailblazer, icon, queen... It's not something that people find very likable. 

2 minutes ago, FallingInLove said:

That's true. But all her filtered pics don't help either, people expect her to look like she usually presents herself via Facebook etc., and then she appears and looks totally different. First she provokes envy, and then people are relieved she doesn't look that fabulous.

Also her speeches may be appreciated by her fans, but the general public just hears that she praises herself as rebel, trailblazer, icon, queen... It's not something that people find very likable. 

I have to wonder though how can we really know what the general public think? Have we polled them all? I feel a lot of comments from negative haters often get classed as the general consensus when it’s just the portion of the public that shit on everything/everyone. There have actually  been news reports defending her with members of the public and the media  calling out the sexism/ageism also.

I tend to believe a lot more people appreciate Madonna than the Internet makes it seem. And now that the tour has sold well I feel this even more.

27 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I have to wonder though how can we really know what the general public think? Have we polled them all? I feel a lot of comments from negative haters often get classed as the general consensus when it’s just the portion of the public that shit on everything/everyone. There have actually  been news reports defending her with members of the public and the media  calling out the sexism/ageism also.

I tend to believe a lot more people appreciate Madonna than the Internet makes it seem. And now that the tour has sold well I feel this even more.

I tried to defend M for years. I tried to make friends and family appreciate her as a person. Most people I know DON'T like her. They may like some of her songs, but think she's arrogant. And silly. And pretentious. And a freak. ;) 

I think she's either adored or hated, as she provokes very strong feelings. Or she is completely ignored by some. (I know many people that are totally into pop music, but never bought a Madonna record). 

Edited by FallingInLove (see edit history)

58 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Most people I know recognize her as a hardworking performer (her skills of dancing in particular, not singing :devil:).

However, lots of people find her arrogant attitude offensive and irritatingly narcissistic.

:Madonna052:

7 minutes ago, rgdlee said:

Most people I know recognize her as a hardworking performer (her skills of dancing in particular, not singing :devil:).

However, lots of people find her arrogant attitude offensive and irritatingly narcissistic.

:Madonna052:

I also think she should other people praise her impact in music, but she tends to praise herself. 

4 hours ago, EgoRod said:

The problem is that the phrase ' age gracefully ' is misogynistic it's only used on women , like they have to be beautiful until they are 25 then become a mother then become a grandma.

Men don't have any pressure about ageing gracefully or naturally. In fact men that still have (younger ) partners and a public active sexual life are celebrated.

This often gets repeated, the same as men aren't criticised for trying to look young but it's simply not true, for example the current headlines about Leonardo Dicaprio dating a 19 year old. 

Feminism has made massive headway in the last few decades and that should be celebrated, not denied. We need to recognise the fact that men and women both face pressure, some the same, some different. Blanket statements can diminish the point. 

41 minutes ago, vadge said:

If you really believe that, explain how I'm wrong.

Because one is always wrong when their "facts" are based on belittling and humiliating other people. One is always wrong when they live their life without empathy and don't care if they hurt someone. 

I'm absolutely not interested in what you have to say about anything because of your lack of empathy so i'm ending this exchange between us and, just like itself, i'm gonna ignore you from now on.

But just one thing, maybe at one point in my life i was like you then life put trans people in my path, they became my closest friends, i even supported and testified in court for their gender change on official papers. Things are totally different when they are just an idea and then become a person of flesh and bones in your life. I wish you the same journey and awakening. 

8 minutes ago, Curator said:

This often gets repeated, the same as men aren't criticised for trying to look young but it's simply not true, for example the current headlines about Leonardo Dicaprio dating a 19 year old. 

Feminism has made massive headway in the last few decades and that should be celebrated, not denied. We need to recognise the fact that men and women both face pressure, some the same, some different. Blanket statements can diminish the point. 

indeed they are saying that he always date younger women they are not saying something is wrong with him or he is drinking babies blood. Feminism is not the opposite of misogyny or patriarchy they both can live on the same spaces.

4 hours ago, FallingInLove said:

You've obviously never been on Grindr or in a gay bar (which always makes me laugh because they are the first ones to throw stones at Madonna) :lol:

18 hours ago, Curator said:

Mate, those are articles about the 'running joke' the fans saying he is always with younger girls and comparing him to other celebrities that do the same.

Considering every Hollywood rom com for the past 20 years has always a lead man romancing a female actor 15 years younger. I can't see how anyone can be outrage or alarmed about it.

Meanwhile :

'This is no coincidence, a Madonna friend told The Post: “She likes the idea of a guy being younger than her daughter. It announces her desirability to the world. Some people may see her as a vampire, feeding off of the young, but, in her mind, she is forever youthful and this helps to prove it.”

Her latest romances have seen enormous age gaps from 29 to 36 years - with professional dancer Ahlamalik only two years older than Madonna's eldest child, 23-year-old Lourdes Leon

And that's  not even the issue I was bringing up  but how her age and 'not wanting to age gracefully' it's what make new news and why people are dragging her and judging her.

It's a personal attack to her physical appearance and how she show herself or choices she made.