rebel heart super deluxe spotify

Original Diva

3 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Its not quantity this time its quality - 14 tracks is enough for me :)) plus dont forget the bonus track for Japan as they are her biggest fan base obviously :eyesroll:

13-14 sounds reasonable. People are moving away from physical releases, especially in the US. Target is even considering getting rid of selling CDs. Music store chains don't even exist anymore. There may be one or two still in existence and you can barely find them. If you want a physical release you're gonna have to buy it online. She might as well think of the album as one release - one digital release, since that's the way people are going to rush and buy it. If there were tons of music stores and we were pre-iTunes and Spotify and Apple Music, etc, I'd understand all the editions. Streaming is gonna help her charting anyway. 

6 hours ago, drivebitch said:

13-14 sounds reasonable. People are moving away from physical releases, especially in the US. Target is even considering getting rid of selling CDs. Music store chains don't even exist anymore. There may be one or two still in existence and you can barely find them. If you want a physical release you're gonna have to buy it online. She might as well think of the album as one release - one digital release, since that's the way people are going to rush and buy it. If there were tons of music stores and we were pre-iTunes and Spotify and Apple Music, etc, I'd understand all the editions. Streaming is gonna help her charting anyway. 

You’re forgetting that record stores are still a thing 

• 1 month later...

As much as I fawn over the Rebel Heart demos, I'm glad nothing is going to leak from the new album. 

12 to 14 tracks would be ideal. A cohesive and consistent sound with each track mixed beautifully and a top notch job done on the mastering. 

Oh, and a brilliantly shot album sleeve with M looking iconic and a brilliant booklet and promo sticker.????

1 hour ago, Papa DP said:

No one wants a digital release these days. It’s all about obtaining the physical release because everyone can have free streaming on YouTube or Apple Music with or without a subscription sometimes.

I don't think a lot of people go for physical really either. Honestly, besides discovering new artists through Spotify, I find out new music from pop artists through Youtube. 

4 hours ago, Eyzonme said:

I just upload songs into my Spotify playlist. People don't know you ca  even do that. I have all Ms demos there

See, I do that from my desktop and download them in the app on my phone but after awhile, any song not in their database just stops working after awhile. That’s my only issue on that.

49 minutes ago, azrael said:

Whoever manages Madonna's profile on spotify needs to be hauled out and smacked repeatedly with an empty pillow sack filled with oranges.

Is there something wrong with her Spotify? I’d love for the remixes pre Confessions to be uploaded but otherwise I don’t know if there’s much to do.

1 hour ago, gafuller said:

Is there something wrong with her Spotify? I’d love for the remixes pre Confessions to be uploaded but otherwise I don’t know if there’s much to do.

Almost everything. Messy album titles, small promotion on playlists, double versions uploaded, LAP has already 100m plays but they separated the Celebration version from the official one, and it's 82 million + 29 million plays.

2 hours ago, azrael said:

Whoever manages Madonna's profile on spotify needs to be hauled out and smacked repeatedly with an empty pillow sack filled with oranges.

They recently changed the WTG soundtrack. Each song now has "- soundtrack" at the end. Tragic.

On 12/4/2018 at 2:37 AM, drivebitch said:

Well, in streaming era, having 15+ more songs in an album means more streams aka easier to chart. Streaming is going to help her if she gets 10 million plays in a week. That's what you need to enter top 15 in US now.

9 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Whatever amount of tracks she releases, fine, bonuses, fine, special editions, fine.

This "Less tracks equal better" or "More ruins the cohesiveness." :Madonna039:

I'm happy for her to release 30 tracks. But as with Rebel Heart a lot of the fans are the ones who constantly dismiss it despite the wealth of incredible tracks between the demos and Super Deluxe. 

I do think more tracks can dilute a record though and less is more sometimes. And I think that's what happened with Rebel Heart for a lot of people; classics got lost among average tracks. But the truly great tracks are up there with her best IMHO. 

Hey, I'll take 50 tracks lol.