Sign in to follow this  
Brendanlovesu1

Record Store Day 2019

9 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

is the True Blue release the exact same as the disc that was released?

Yes other than its bright translucent blue

Robyn Body talk double lp ..very limited pressing I didnt get it

On 1/16/2019 at 10:00 AM, rcb4real said:

It would be a very weird release to me, I'd rather have a double white vinyl edition of the Japanese Rain EP.

It's never been pressed on vinyl, so it'll never happen. Sadly.

2 hours ago, scottyj said:

Me too... and Prince club mix and B52s but missed out on Robyn

I got Robyn too but it took me 3 different shops and 2 queues! The pressing is beautiful and sounds amazing. 

Stores near me didn't get copies of Madonna's releases. I was wondering if some of y'all could give me infos about the prices you paid for them in stores? Trying not to get scammed on Discogs.

Just now, Enigmanotta said:

Stores near me didn't get copies of Madonna's releases. I was wondering if some of y'all could give me infos about the prices you paid for them in stores? Trying not to get scammed on Discogs.

In UK they were £19.99  - £22 today depending on the shop. 

2 hours ago, kesiak said:

I got Robyn too but it took me 3 different shops and 2 queues! The pressing is beautiful and sounds amazing. 

Only one shop here had 2 copies. I just ordered one on discogs 

2 hours ago, Enigmanotta said:

Plaidroomrecords has lots. They will sell leftovers tomorrow morning. They do mail order

So I went and got the True Blue... They had Nothing Really Matters, so I got that too, and A MUSIC album display thingy... (This Record Store specializes in Madonna) I'll post pics when I get home. 

They actually had the original Japan True Blue and a White Heat picture disc with the photo from True Blue... Hard to choose. 

Thanks for your answers! Since I'm in Canada, I bought them on Discogs from a Vancouver-based seller, the same one from whom I had bought her RSD 2018 releases last year.

It hurt a bit when I saw the grand total of 107 CAD (78 USD) :cryin: but it was worth it. Around the same prices as last year's order and that's what I was expecting. Obviously, he takes a little quote which adds to the original prices, but it's normal and completely fine. All shipping by Canada Post are overpriced by them to begin with so that was also to be expected, lmao... In the end, it probably would've been almost as expensive buying them in store since we have 15% taxes to pay here in Quebec. :dead:

To me, it's still way less expensive than buying the real japanese pressings in NM/M- and finding copies that still have the OBI and/or the insert. I also prefer owning RSD releases.

I'm hoping RSD 2020 will have the LAP Remixed Prayers.

10 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

Robyn just arrived finally. I don't see the point of it being gatefold. The inside panels are blank. So lazy.

Don't let Extinction Rebellion know, they'll start peeing in the streets again. How does it sound by the way, I've heard good things

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:32 AM, Enigmanotta said:

Thanks for your answers! Since I'm in Canada, I bought them on Discogs from a Vancouver-based seller, the same one from whom I had bought her RSD 2018 releases last year.

It hurt a bit when I saw the grand total of 107 CAD (78 USD) :cryin: but it was worth it. Around the same prices as last year's order and that's what I was expecting. Obviously, he takes a little quote which adds to the original prices, but it's normal and completely fine. All shipping by Canada Post are overpriced by them to begin with so that was also to be expected, lmao... In the end, it probably would've been almost as expensive buying them in store since we have 15% taxes to pay here in Quebec. :dead:

To me, it's still way less expensive than buying the real japanese pressings in NM/M- and finding copies that still have the OBI and/or the insert. I also prefer owning RSD releases.

I'm hoping RSD 2020 will have the LAP Remixed Prayers.

A lot of people have said it'll only be reissues that have previously had a vinyl release for rsd so that counts Remixed Prayers out sadly. The Angel/Material Girl/Into The Groove EP, Dress You Up EP and Causing A Commotion EP are still possible, and repro's of the Like A Virgin and True Blue Japanese Picture Disc LPs (fingers crossed). Personally I'd love all the Japanese CD EP's to get the rsd release as well.

57 minutes ago, rescueme said:

Don't let Extinction Rebellion know, they'll start peeing in the streets again. How does it sound by the way, I've heard good things

It sounds amazing.. I went right to dancing on my own and upped my sound system.. the bass knocks ya right in the guts lol 

55 minutes ago, rescueme said:

The sound of the RSD Robyn vinyl is AWEOSME!