Madame X

I'M BREATHLESS Yellow Vinyl Nov. 22

Guys, if you're in the US and have a store locally try calling the store and have them ship the item from another store to yours. A saleswoman offered me that option called "manifesting" and had to have a store six hours away send it here. Should be getting after Christmas as an alternative if the item doesn't come back in stock. Hope it helps.

Mine arrived today. Had to pay import tax on top. :eyesroll: Sounds great on my player, I'm playing it through a Sonos speaker so I don't know if that makes any difference. I'm not an audiophile but it sounds nice and clear to me. I played my new copy of American Life last night and 'I'm So Stupid' sounded distorted. Need to give it another listen to see how bad it is. Now I have nearly all M's albums on coloured vinyl. Only missing Hard Candy and Celebration from my collection.

IMG_8909.jpg

I wasn’t going to get sucked in to the whole coloured vinyl thing but it’s hard not to once you get a couple. I just need LAP red vinyl, Madame X blue and I had no idea Celebration was coloured vinyl! but given the price of the LP it’s not going to ever be in my collection anyway!!! 

7 minutes ago, IamZod said:

I wasn’t going to get sucked in to the whole coloured vinyl thing but it’s hard not to once you get a couple. I just need LAP red vinyl, Madame X blue and I had no idea Celebration was coloured vinyl! but given the price of the LP it’s not going to ever be in my collection anyway!!! 

Sorry, I just meant I needed HC and C to complete my vinyl collection, C isn't coloured but costs a fortune nowadays. I have the red LAP vinyl and the clear Madame X. I've got a few black ones (BS, STR, AL) too. I kinda started collecting her albums on vinyl with the coloured vinyl re-issues. Sadly, I no longer play really CDs, my choice of playing music is vinyl now.

On 12/31/2019 at 6:11 PM, IamZod said:

No harm in that! 

Hard Candy is my favourite MADONNA album (no abuse please anyone!) but it’s hard to beat the sound of the CD as it’s so well mastered. The vinyl pressing is, like I’m Breathless, just very pretty. 

I actually prefer Hard Candy on vinyl. :)

On 12/31/2019 at 5:22 PM, IamZod said:

I just don't get the endless coloured releases.
Could they not bung the instrumentals out on a 2nd disc/gatefold sleeve sorta thing if they must.
That wouldn't take much effort. :thinker:

17 hours ago, professormouse said:

I just don't get the endless coloured releases.
Could they not bung the instrumentals out on a 2nd disc/gatefold sleeve sorta thing if they must.
That wouldn't take much effort. :thinker:

Not much to understand since they keep selling out.  :)

1 hour ago, Spanky1995 said:

Anyone from the uk have any luck getting it this time around my order keeps on getting rejected 

I ordered it when it was first released and it was a bit of a farce getting any confirmation on the order. I had tracking but it didn't seem to tally. I contacted B&N and was told they were no longer delivering to the UK but it did arrive months later with a hefty import bill. It wasn't an easy process!