Is she writing an autobiography

Brendanlovesu1

There seem to have been a lot of hints over the past 12 months or so!! She's also been very reflective on her past lately on IG.

she stated in 2005 once that shes thought about it but that it's a "daunting task". I would think she would only publicly mention something only if shes taken actually action in it. I'm sure she has something written down somewhere whether its a time line or even titles.

Imagine when that day finally comes! The most famous woman in the world spills her secrets! Grace Jones wrote hers at 67 and Barbara Walters wrote hers at 79 so i think Madonna is a little too young to write hers but who knows! I would hope she would release both a life doc and an autobiography in the next few years especially if she doesn't plan to tour or release albums as often as we're used to and it would be a nice way to ease into her old age and enjoy all the hard work shes accomplished but knowing her she's not gonna ever stop and die performing!

6 hours ago, NowRadiate said:

Wouldn’t count on it. 

Madonna has already stated when the very recent bio-pic was in production that nobody can tell her story like she can and when she does she will set the record straight... 

This was big news within the last 24 months or so.  Likely Madonna will do something in her golden years before officially retiring that is some form of a retrospect.  She has told us at least for now, she plans on doing something.

A real in depth autobiography about her true thoughts and feelings? I am there. 

Regarding her mystique. Most her instagram posts are of birthdays, sports, having fun...hints if her new music...

From her instagram I do not know anymore of "Madonna" than I knew before. She hasn't revealed anymore of herself than she has in the past. As far as what she shows of her self on instagram, do we really think she just sits around all day putting filters on her selfies? I think her days are more interesting than that. 

I think her music is where we get a glimpse into who she is which is why all the things people pay attention to, rarely interests me. 

She posts quotes that I like and the words and art of other people but I don't think she has really revealed herself on her instagram. 

I get what people are saying about her mystique because I thought that was one of the reasons The Drowned World tour was so special. 

She's too guarded. If Madonna wrote a real in depth autobiography about her true thoughts and feelings she would indeed shock me for the very first time. 

6 hours ago, LikeAMelody said:

A real in depth autobiography about her true thoughts and feelings? I am there. 

Regarding her mystique. Most her instagram posts are of birthdays, sports, having fun...hints if her new music...

From her instagram I do not know anymore of "Madonna" than I knew before. She hasn't revealed anymore of herself than she has in the past.

It's revealed she is trapped in her bathroom, in the mirror, in her own image. A prisoner of her own fame.

She doesn't raise kids, her team of nanny's do that. She spends a lot of time on herself, her skin, her face and looking at the Madonna hashtag on Instagram. She travels a lot. 

The closest we got to an autobiography was the Howard Stern interview. He usually gets the most out of guests, but I think ALOT of questions were off limits as an agreement beforehand. Which disappointed me. He could've dug deeper, most interviews are just superficial things used to sell whatever product she is hocking. 

Her music is also autobiographical. 

I don't know whether she's writing one at this moment, but it's definitely coming, especially if the next album tanks. She knows that books are big sellers and big publicity and remind audiences who you were and gets them interested. Madonna is not above that. She went back to singing her greatest hits when American Life flopped and promoted the tour with the titles of her best-known songs. A book would boost her profile. The woman is also going to be 61. She's not too young for this type of thing - even idiots who are under 25 have written their life stories and cashed in. She's about to be a senior citizen collecting Social Security (65 in the US). She could say that she'd wait until she was 80 to write one, but no one is guaranteed to live that long and I'm sure she knows that. A book will help her career-wise. It's looks silly that she's waited so long to do one (beyond Sex and the kids crap). She looked behind the times not having a beauty care line like every other celeb until the 2010s. Now everyone is cashing in one their life story. Cher's is coming in 2020 with a biopic to follow. Cher has written in the past. Even Tina Turner just followed up her best-selling 80s autobiography last year to rave reviews. It's simply time. Expect a Madonna musical based on her life within the next ten years a la Tina and Cher, too.

15 hours ago, Andymad said:

I thought M was notorious for changing her stories lol or mixing up how things went at the beginning of her career. 

Oh, expect her book to critiqued and every line fact-checked. I'm sure some snippy journalist will say it should be shelved in the fiction section. :04: Madonna's changed her story so many times she probably doesn't know fiction from reality. She better reach out to people and question their recollection of events. She slammed parts of that Madonna biopic script, pointing out that it had her saying that she was from the wrong town when the script was quoting exactly what she said on American Bandstand. :Madonna032: The book will be a hoot regardless. 

1 hour ago, anaglyphx said:

It's revealed she is trapped in her bathroom, in the mirror, in her own image. A prisoner of her own fame.

She doesn't raise kids, her team of nanny's do that. She spends a lot of time on herself, her skin, her face and looking at the Madonna hashtag on Instagram. She travels a lot. 

The closest we got to an autobiography was the Howard Stern interview. He usually gets the most out of guests, but I think ALOT of questions were off limits as an agreement beforehand. Which disappointed me. He could've dug deeper, most interviews are just superficial things used to sell whatever product she is hocking. 

Her music is also autobiographical. 

Well I am not easily convinced of the tale she puts out on her instagram posts or any other fly by night posts on social media. They are not that deep and I think Madonna knows that. 

I do have to take exception though...she does raise her children with the "help" of nannies. There are two parent households out there that have nannies to help them. 

I think Madonna has given quite a few interesting interviews with well thought out answers. 

We agree that there is autobiography in her music.