Régine Filange

Madonna feat Maluma | Medellin | April 17, 2019 (First Single)

1 minute ago, azrael said:

not to sound like an insider, but he probably did. it was possibly (not saying it was or wasn't) removed at a later stage, who knows ?! maybe we might get a MIRWAIS REMIX ??????

I thought we could expect cleaner tweaked vocals like he did on the American Life album, not just the regular autotune effect that's on so many songs since MDNA which is kinda low quality sounding. :pop:

17 minutes ago, hydrangea said:

Do u think she will refuse to sit on that throne?

Well, I hear he prefers thrones too, in every size and material. In any case he and Madonna will be having a serious row over thrones... You put two queens together and there will be blood for sure. Look at Elizabeth I and Mary Stuart...

1 minute ago, Cadorcha said:

Well, I hear he prefers thrones too, in every size and material. In any case he and Madonna will be having a serious row over thrones... You put two queens together and there will be blood for sure. Look at Elizabeth I and Mary Stuart...

I doubt Elizabeth I and Mary Queen of Scots were too preoccupied with Spotify back in the 16th century lol

I can't with you all not liking the vocals. It's autotuned like that for a reason, gives them a soft, chill, airy feeling

Yes, I like the use of the effect as well. A bit much on the chorus but that’s the weakest part of the song for me anyway.

12 minutes ago, vesalii said:

What? Hahahaha "dame de eso que te estás tomando".

I mean is good but not a huge Hit, not even mention that Beyoncé launched her documentary today and is trending topic in twitter.

I've been looking on Twitter, Madonna can't break the Bhive roof. Madonna has already fallen off the Top 20 in many regions since the debut of the song while Beyonce still remains the hot topic across the world. If Madonna had kept silent about the new album instead of dropping those annoying  Instagram clues just about every day as to if we like playing the game CLUE or just not posting any photos of her in the studio at all.  Silence, patience, and timing is everything It would have a different outcome but I think Madonna just can't leave well enough alone. As if she still wants the world she's still around and alive. Just an observation.

In retrospect, Madonna releases the album trailer during Game of Thrones premiere day. Bad idea. Then Madonna announces a new single when Nortre Dame is on fire. That's her iceberg to the Titanic, which happened to be the exact date when Titanic sunk 107 years ago. Which was also a subject matter that became a hit soundtrack that kept her 7th album at bay from being No.1 by the way back in 1998. Then today, Madonna releases a single when Beyonce drops a surprise Netflix film along with w/new LIVE album. Seeing the pattern here?

It seems as Madonna can never win, lol. The release date of June 24 for her new album seems foreboding too because's that's one day before (exactly) the 10th anniversary of Michael Jackson's death. 

13 minutes ago, fye said:

But she's just doing it on her really own way, let her be!

I mean, c'mon, she gave us f*kin everything for 40 years. We should feel blessed because she wants to keep on going and making new music, trying new sounds, concepts, feats... She doesn't NEED TO do anything anymore, but she stills working her ass out.

tiffany pollard GIF

And yet FANS have all the right to expect and dream and have expectations of the artists they admire to get what they like. ???‍♂️??

#Embarrassing

I think it will prob grow on me. I hated GMAYL when it first came out, it eventually grew on me. I do like the layers, its got alot going on in the background, Not to sure about maluma. But it is what it is. I thought GMAYL was a weak first single and it def was not indicative of what the rest of the album sounded like. I think this may be the same situation for me here. The next single will prob be a banger. :) Either way Im just glad to finally have something new from madonna, im more excited about the album, videos, live performances and possible tour. :)

So many new faces in this thread we've never seen either EVER or in a LONG TIME. It sort of reminds me what you see when you lift up a rock in your back garden. Lots of bugs. Dazed and confused, scuttling around frightened and not sure how to react to the change in stimulus....but they eventually calm....they eventually settle down and make the best of what new obstacles they have lol

relax everyone, it's a great first single choice and honestly she has a SURE shot of a BANGER summer hit with this one, let's not get ahead of ourselves before we hear the album in its entirety

Y si tú quieres nos vamos por Detroit!  

Anal sex references on my christian Madonna first single? ...I'm gagged! :sis:

I'm listening to it on repeat with my big-ass headphones to really get ahold of every detail. Loving the production on this track,  and I feel very excited for the rest of Madame X. Since American Life I've been very disappointed by every album's first single (except Living For Love). This Maluma collaboration is obviously a big opportunity for the album to break into some different markets and to grab attention. I personally don't like Maluma, or reggaeton for that matter, despite that somehow it's still very Madonna, and very Mirwais, and I love it. Medellín is a new favorite for me... it's fresh, bubbly, summery, and very fun.

Would love to listen to a solo version. 

11 minutes ago, Cadorcha said:

Talking about sitting on #thrones, I rather sit on his throne... 

a-new-game-of-thrones-season-8-poster-featuring-jon-snow-may-hint-at-his-fate.thumb.jpeg.f46b1b06ef8da4ac5f740294c915ac55.jpeg

Just now, azrael said:

I doubt Elizabeth I and Mary Queen of Scots were too preoccupied with Spotify back in the 16th century lol

9 minutes ago, Fighter said:

I thought we could expect cleaner tweaked vocals like he did on the American Life album, not just the regular autotune effect that's on so many songs since MDNA which is kinda low quality sounding. :pop:

That sound is commonly used by reggaeton artists because, 95% of them can't sing a note. Just like rappers and hip hop. You're right it doesn't sound well and it's irritating as hell

I'll be happy to see her get some success for that song but I only listen because it's her actually. And it's comforting to see that so many fans like it but I hope you were not just determined to like it anyway. I'd just like her vocals louder and more impactful along with some actual melodies for the chorus. To my ears I feel like the biggest teaser for this song has been out there already and it is Champagne Rose :tongue: Same vocals and talk about drinks anyway hehe. Entirely different vibe of course. 

25 minutes ago, RebelHeart97 said:

Medellín currently 21 on UK iTunes and climbing fast! YASSSSS

I don't understand why she released it on Wednesday, she should of released it in the UK on Friday