Régine Filange

Madonna + Maluma | Medellín | April 17

I'm not very convinced of this song, I don't hate it but I don't love it either. Thank God it's not reggaeton 100% I think Madonna did this because she wants to capt attention from the new generations. I really hope the next single would be much better than Medellín.

Hahaha, this is a civil war. I love "Medellin" and my boyfriend hate it. One hour playing the song on repeat and discussing about the song. He wants a "Madonna only version" because hates Maluma. 

2 minutes ago, Fighter said:

The meltdowns are soooo funny :dead:

I don't remember having this reaction when Living For Love dropped, even though I thought it was a bad single. 

Love Medellin :heart::yarn: was afraid but gave it a fair chance and it's growing more and more on me. 

I think for me it's because it's more Maluma than Madonna on the song, and to me it sounds like any other generic Latin song also because a lot of the lyrics are lost if you aren't fluent/native in Spanish. (yes, I know they've been posted 100 times but it's not the same thing)

Her part also sounds a lot weaker than his because of the excessive autotune and effects.  Therefore the more I listen to it, the more I hear mostly him, which I have no interest in doing.  If it were any other Madonna featuring X or Madonna only lead single, I'd be happy to listen over and over, but I'm going to have to pass here.  It is what it is.

6 minutes ago, azrael said:

have the lyrics been posted anywhere? any spanish speakers wish to help to write them down? particularly the chorus because I need to learn something to scream later when I'm wasted and annoying my whole neighborhood with this blasting 

https://genius.com/Madonna-and-maluma-medellin-lyrics

Well Madonna is about to turn 61. She doesn't owe us nothing, she already did and gave us so much. She doesn't need to prove anything to no one. So enjoy she still wants to write and produce music, as well as go on worldwide tours. She could just retire and spend her life with her children enjoying them. But still she rather keep giving us new music and material after almost 40 years of career.
Be grateful, and if you don't like this single, just wait for the rest of the album. I'm sure there will be more mature and different songs.

3 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

I think for me it's because it's more Maluma than Madonna on the song, and to me it sounds like any other generic Latin song also because a lot of the lyrics are lost if you aren't fluent/native in Spanish. (yes, I know they've been posted 100 times but it's not the same thing)

yeh I can see that. Honestly Maluma's schtick is annoying to me but whatever. It transports me to the beach so I will enjoy its summery vibe :rainbow:

Hopefully people will like it more after the video drops

Why have some members resurrected from the tombs, those same fans with 6 or 7 posts in their entire lives, just to criticize Madonna? Please, we are not idiots ... fall outside, are going to be fans of another artist ... is full out there ...

.giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Fighter said:

yeh I can see that. Honestly Maluma's schtick is annoying to me but whatever. It transports me to the beach so I will enjoy its summery vibe :rainbow:

Hopefully people will like it more after the video drops

Visuals (and tour) improve everything, so I'll definitely watch that no matter what. :cute:

10 minutes ago, Fighter said:

The meltdowns are soooo funny :dead:

I don't remember having this reaction when Living For Love dropped, even though I thought it was a bad single. 

Love Medellin :heart::yarn: was afraid but gave it a fair chance and it's growing more and more on me. 

That is good! A strong reaction simply means the song has character & that M didn't stay in her comfort zone, trying to create something neutral & safe to please as many fans as possible. We should be encouraging risk-taking NOT threatening to give up on our "once favourite artist" and burn our CDs...

Just now, elecu said:

And you notice about the duration? Around 5 minutes! Maybe the large songs will return :P Since MDNA the tracks were shorter than before.

They have! God Control is like 6:20 if I remember! Plus a few 5' songs and lots of 4:30'+

PLEASE HELP!

I am trying to understand how to partecipate to Icon competition to win tickets for April 24.

What is the answer to the question?? What do we have to do?

Here is the question:

Now that you got to discover her journey to Medellín, please answer the following question:  Where is Madame X going next? 

Share your vision and interpretation in visuals, music or text by e-mailing it, along with your RSVP to madamex@madonna.com before 11:59pm BST on April 20th. 

Jesus! 2uh0lk9.jpg I don't think I've ever listened to anything so bad recently.

I don't like that song either. It's boring and run-of-the-mill (and autotuned) as hell... :cryin:

23 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

But there are 16 more songs, hopefully there will be something for everyone. :)

Yep! I'm crossing my fingers and toes, stfan97. :cryin: I hope so.