Bat-Fan

Best BAT  

64 members voted

1. 1. Best BAT

• Yokohama
    • Barcelona
    • Nice

28 minutes ago, George74 said:

Watching my freshly rip Yokohama Laserdisc right now with bright colors and deep contrast. She is better vocally on this.

I ll try to finish the Nice laserdisc rip tomorrow.

Those recordings are great. Untouched. Her best concert videos. Difficult to choose between both.

Bercelona is too messy ... Fun but messy.

Barcelona is a total mess, the camera angles suck. You cant even see the choreo in the first chorus of Vogue. Nice has the best camera work of all 3. I wish we had a decent LD rip of the Nice show that doesnt look all gray and faded.

On 2/3/2019 at 6:10 PM, Andymad said:

As much as I’d love to see the Paris show, I really would also love to see the Sweden show. Now that looked fun. Opening night of the curls.

Was the Sweden show recorded as well. I wonder if they have yet found the 35mm film reels so we could have a blu ray or even 4k release 

• madgefan pinned, pinned and unpinned this topic
  • 1 year later...

I haven't ever purchased anything from this site but I have been looking for a few tours on DVD for some time now so I clicked on the link & just curious - how were you able to find this particular item? If you click away from the exact link you shared & try looking at other VIDEO items this one doesn't show up anymore which I find weird? I also noticed others that you could see underneath the BA Tour DVD in your link were not showing up or available on any other pages on the site? Is it just me seeing this or do you notice it also? I would think if this item & like the VT DVD or Blu Ray were still available they would show up on the page still once you clicked away from your link & browsed around the actual site? I would be leery of it myself but maybe you could contact this person somehow? Lmk your thoughts????

Guest Nobody Knows Me
8 minutes ago, Brandon Clark said:

I haven't ever purchased anything from this site but I have been looking for a few tours on DVD for some time now so I clicked on the link & just curious - how were you able to find this particular item? If you click away from the exact link you shared & try looking at other VIDEO items this one doesn't show up anymore which I find weird? I also noticed others that you could see underneath the BA Tour DVD in your link were not showing up or available on any other pages on the site? Is it just me seeing this or do you notice it also? I would think if this item & like the VT DVD or Blu Ray were still available they would show up on the page still once you clicked away from your link & browsed around the actual site? I would be leery of it myself but maybe you could contact this person somehow? Lmk your thoughts????

I just typed in “Madonna Blond Ambition Japan DVD” and that was the first thing that appeared but it looks really dodgy so I wasn’t sure whether to go for it or not. Perhaps it’s an old link? 

3 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Has anyone ever bought from this website? I’m tempted to get the Blond Ambition Tour in Japan DVD but it’s quite expensive and I’m worried it’ll end up looking terrible.

http://www.madonna-store.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=132

Actually back in the day, I’d say 2003ish, I bought a DVD of Nice and Japan from that store, as well as a “Madonna is my Homegirl” tee. I had a really great shopping experience with them. It was also my first time being able to see the BAT in full since I was like 5. Really great experience. Not sure what it’s been like in recent years though.

DCCE5736-9908-4426-A6C1-DCD8FD022A61.jpeg

Guest Nobody Knows Me
5 minutes ago, Andymad said:

Actually back in the day, I’d say 2003ish, I bought a DVD of Nice and Japan from that store, as well as a “Madonna is my Homegirl” tee. I had a really great shopping experience with them. It was also my first time being able to see the BAT in full since I was like 5. Really great experience. Not sure what it’s been like in recent years though.

DCCE5736-9908-4426-A6C1-DCD8FD022A61.jpeg

Thank you! They’re quite pricey so I feel like I’ll buy the Japan tour first for the ponytail and the vocals.

9 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Thank you! They’re quite pricey so I feel like I’ll buy the Japan tour first for the ponytail and the vocals.

Interesting... how much are they selling for the single DVD? I went to the site and can’t find the BAT dvds they’re selling. Anyhoops, I bought a combo pack they were selling. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
5 minutes ago, Andymad said:

Interesting... how much are they selling for the single DVD? I went to the site and can’t find the BAT dvds they’re selling. Anyhoops, I bought a combo pack they were selling. 

It’s saying $27 but then it disappears whenever I click off it so perhaps it doesn’t exist anymore and it’s an old link. 

:Madonna041:

4 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I just typed in “Madonna Blond Ambition Japan DVD” and that was the first thing that appeared but it looks really dodgy so I wasn’t sure whether to go for it or not. Perhaps it’s an old link? 

You typed in "Madonna Blond Ambition Japan DVD" where? Just curious? There isn't a search function on that site that I see? That's why I don't understand why some titles show up when you scroll down on the link you shared, but if you go to the home page & then try to look for some of the same titles they are no where to be found anymore?! If you purchase something from them definitely let me know how it goes for you! I want to say I have seem some of these same titles & artworks on eBay for sale recently so I am not sure if it is the same person selling on there too to get more sales or what but I will look more into it. Please again if you can keep me posted if you decide to try to make a purchase from this site how it goes....

27 minutes ago, Brandon Clark said:

You typed in "Madonna Blond Ambition Japan DVD" where? Just curious? There isn't a search function on that site that I see? That's why I don't understand why some titles show up when you scroll down on the link you shared, but if you go to the home page & then try to look for some of the same titles they are no where to be found anymore?! If you purchase something from them definitely let me know how it goes for you! I want to say I have seem some of these same titles & artworks on eBay for sale recently so I am not sure if it is the same person selling on there too to get more sales or what but I will look more into it. Please again if you can keep me posted if you decide to try to make a purchase from this site how it goes....

It quite possibly could be an old link? Not sure, but those are the discs I bought from that site :) the best purchase I ever made in high school hahaha. No wait reinvention tour tickets were the BEST!

Thanks for the info @Andymadit def looks like a legit site that's why I am curious if someone orders something now please let us know how it goes! I want/need a few of the old tour DVD's myself but when I click away from this link shared none of the ones I need show up anymore so I can't even do a test order myself because they don't have the ones I need anymore :( I see that there is a contact link at the bottom of the page so I may just reach out to this person & ask what's up myself or check eBay again for the same DVD's now that I see what the artwork looks like. Thanks again for the info tho :08:

Guest DeeperDeeper
On 1/13/2016 at 6:50 AM, danMfan said:

Between Yokohama and Nice I choose Yokohama for the voice and ponytail :hearteyes:

But my real favorite one is Barcelona. She is so wild and hot there.

The Barcelona concert was the one televised here in Australia. 

Yet the bloopers from the concert are hilarious. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
On 2/27/2019 at 10:43 AM, SgtConstable said:

I'd love to see the London (Wembly I believe) where the show started before it got dark out.

I caught pieces of it on YouTube and it's an interesting difference.

Totally agree. I'd like to see the Wembley one as well. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I really pray that a full Wembley show leaks one day very soon.

7 hours ago, Brandon Clark said:

You typed in "Madonna Blond Ambition Japan DVD" where? Just curious? There isn't a search function on that site that I see?

I typed it on Google and it led me to that link of the Japan DVD so it might be old.

I understand. Yea I am thinking about trying to contact the owner of that site & asking if any of the older titles are still available. I know for a fact I have seen some of these come up for sale on Ebay recently because I've searched for them & recognize the artworks. Maybe sales died off from the website & they were trying to sale thru other mediums? If I end up finding anything more out or are able to get my hands on any of these I will let you know & post links here.....

I can say I purchased this item from this seller & am beyond happy with it! It was very nicely done & all discs worked great! The picture even fit my big screen TV just fine when I watched. Plus it came with audio CD's of the tour as well. Was very happy with the purchase! 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Madonna-Blond-Ambition-World-Tour-Live-in-New-Jersey-DVD-2CDs-Booklet/164290825617?hash=item26407f0d91:g:JqsAAOSwH~ZfDlqJ

Also, for the record, just doing a quick search on Ebay I am seeing some of the same titles that were available on the other link site for example the Virgin Tour Blu Ray - however the price seems to be just a tad bit more. I will compare some of what I see later when I have time but I am sure if you are wanting a specific title you could still find it either on eBay or by contacting the seller personally using the contact tab on the bottom of that site.... Here is a link to a quick search I did just FYI so you can see what I am saying..... will keep updating if I find more......

https://www.ebay.com/b/madonna-tour-dvd/bn_7024938421

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nobody Knows Me

Overtime I think I’ve come to prefer the Japan recording to Nice. While Nice definitely has better energy and better camera shots at times, her vocals were gone. Japan has the ponytail, strong vocals that wouldn’t need to be dubbed, and I like her attitude better on that show as well.

Barcelona is also fun to watch but I think she sounded worse there than in Nice to be honest, and there’s literally a bloopers video of all the things that went wrong in that concert.

On 10/7/2020 at 2:01 PM, Brandon Clark said:

I can say I purchased this item from this seller & am beyond happy with it! It was very nicely done & all discs worked great! The picture even fit my big screen TV just fine when I watched. Plus it came with audio CD's of the tour as well. Was very happy with the purchase! 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Madonna-Blond-Ambition-World-Tour-Live-in-New-Jersey-DVD-2CDs-Booklet/164290825617?hash=item26407f0d91:g:JqsAAOSwH~ZfDlqJ

Also, for the record, just doing a quick search on Ebay I am seeing some of the same titles that were available on the other link site for example the Virgin Tour Blu Ray - however the price seems to be just a tad bit more. I will compare some of what I see later when I have time but I am sure if you are wanting a specific title you could still find it either on eBay or by contacting the seller personally using the contact tab on the bottom of that site.... Here is a link to a quick search I did just FYI so you can see what I am saying..... will keep updating if I find more......

https://www.ebay.com/b/madonna-tour-dvd/bn_7024938421

Thanks so much for your review, really helpful in these cases.

If possible, I'd like to know if these DVDs people sell online really offer a different quality from the rips and remasters that can be found online. For instance, this New Jersey concert has a really poor quality from what I have seen online, so I'd like to know if this DVD really delivers a good quality to watch on TV.

Thanks in advance!!