rescueme

What was the first Madonna record/tape/cd you bought?

I never really liked Madonna, but when I got The Immaculate Collection and Evita came to the cinemas, I became a fan of her. The Evita Soundtrack was my first CD from her ...after that the Frozen Single and with the Ray of Light album, my opinion about Madonna has changed :-)

Confessions when I was in the eighth grade on CD from Target. I then got Immaculate Collection shortly after and began researching and discovering her music. I think the next record I got was Erotica and then began becoming a fan. I remember hearing "Don't Tell Me", "Music" but my parents wouldn't let me listen to her because she was raunchy according to them. My older sister adores Human Nature, Take a Bow, Frozen so it began that way. I also miss the days of shops selling her singles and used items; you'd always find treasures people no longer wanted nor knew the value of.

My mum has owned a copy of Ray Of Light, he doesn't play it anymore and it's currently in the garage. I also plan on buying the Immaculate Collection. I don't know exactly when the copies switched from European exports to local pressings here in Australia, but the earliest ones had the DATA logo on the disc and were retained on the later SMEA and SM pressings.

the LIKE A PRAYER LP....

I still remember the shop I went to... it feels like yesterday...

I was 12 at the time...

one year after I had bought ALL Madonna's albums,and some singles, (it wasn't that easy to find those days)

and a year after I saw the BLOND AMBITION TOUR in Barcelona with my sister and my parents...

and then...

30 years have passed, omfg!!!

hmmm difficult to recall exactly

I think it was :

Record/LP: LAV -at the same time I bought Madonna(LP) -

Tape/Cassette: LAP (was not too fond of cassettes tbh)

CD: Madonna/The First album (the Longbox version)

my first M video was Madonna (85) with 4 videos (in Betamax btw, which I thought was better than VHS)

On 2/18/2020 at 7:45 PM, Ayham said:

Cassettes: Music (2001) lol actually my sis bought & stole it..😂

CDs: GHV2 (2001) 😍😍😍

VINYLs: Hard Candy (2011) 

tumblr_pygbflayed1tb5bt3o10_400.jpg