jemboy1973

Cancelled Singles in order with actual singles

I liked to include the cancelled singles in my iTunes Madonna Singles  playlist in the order where they should have been. Has anyone done a chronological order of what this would look like? Thank You 

1 hour ago, Future Lover said:

Wow at all this info, @Bitch I'm Madonna! Fantastic.
I did do a little check on one of your claims, regarding the Holiday 1991 release.
https://www.discogs.com/Madonna-Holiday/release/455050
Apparently, it didn't use the YCD remixes after all. If it did, I'd buy it immediately!

But it says so on the label of the vinyl and in the credits and all the Madonna collector sites say it includes the remix edits.

Where's the Party - remixed by Shep Pettibone

Everybody - remixed by Bruce Forest & Frank Heller

:thinker:

5 minutes ago, Bitch I’m Madonna said:

But it says so on the label of the vinyl and in the credits and all the Madonna collector sites say it includes the remix edits.

Where's the Party - remixed by Shep Pettibone

Everybody - remixed by Bruce Forest & Frank Heller

:thinker:

You forogot to read the notes section on Discogs! 😉

Tracks B1 & B2 are listed as remixes and have remix credits for the versions on the [r121736] album but the actual mixes on this release are the original album versions from [r162682] & [r162757] respectively.”

2 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Ain’t No Big Deal was cancelled due to Seymour Stein’s preference to Everybody. 

AND because Stephen Bray gave the song away to Barracuda before Madonna could release it. Therefore she had to record Holiday to fill the gap.

Just now, deathproof said:

You forogot to read the notes section on Discogs! 😉

Tracks B1 & B2 are listed as remixes and have remix credits for the versions on the [r121736] album but the actual mixes on this release are the original album versions from [r162682] & [r162757] respectively.”

Ahhhh what a shame!

But Ain’t No Big Deal was only considered for first single. The b-side version by Reggie Lucas was recorded in Early 1983 the same time as Holiday. Don’t forget, there’s a version produced by Jellybean that’s sitting in the vaults that was completed before the albums April deadline.

It was axed from being on the album because of Bray giving it to Barracuda.

37 minutes ago, jemboy1973 said:

@Bitch I’m MadonnaThank you for this. Was Love Makes The World Go Round considered as the first song from True Blue or is that another myth? 

It's a myth at least the part about it being considered as first single. People assumed that based on the fact that she performed it on Live Aid. As far as I know, it was only the first song written/recorded for True Blue and she thought it was suitable for the concert. Maybe it was even written for Live Aid and then added to True Blue.

5 hours ago, Bitch I’m Madonna said:

Mariah's All I Want for Christmas

was released in 1994, so they could never have had it in mind. Anyway, the reference might have been several 80's Christmas hits, like "Last Christmas" and "Do They Know It's Christmas?"...

6 minutes ago, discohub said:

was released in 1994, so they could never have had it in mind. Anyway, the reference might have been several 80's Christmas hits, like "Last Christmas" and "Do They Know It's Christmas?"...

I'm not saying they had that in mind. What I meant was that it could have had an equal effect on her career.

11 hours ago, Fighter said:

glad Devil Pray wasnt released also lol. The production was not up to par for it being a single. I didnt know about this tbh.

I love everything about Devil Pray apart from the ''And we can do drugs and we can smoke weed'' etc bit, it's up there with I Love New York's dork and to a lesser extent the American Life rap for high school lyrics. I think there are at least 6 or 7 other tracks on Rebel Heart which would have made better singles.

Across her entire discography there are very few tracks which wouldn't have made great singles and I love that some absolute gems get left as album only tracks. That's often what differentiates Madonna from everyone else, the albums are more than just a handful of singles plus twice as many generic tracks.

4 hours ago, BringUrLUV said:

I didn't know about quite a few things on that list :Madonna032:

I've never heard anywhere that about True Blue only becoming a single because the radio stations were playing it.  

Didn't they run a video competition for the True Blue track as well, a bit like the Celebration fan video but more elaborate. I seem to remember Madonna announcing the competition on MTV.

I really don't understand why there's 3 [or is 4 ?] 'virgins' of Ain't No big Deal as it sounds like a re-write of a certain for Tops hit ?
I remember reading something that claimed Her Madgeness didn't want Impressive Instant remixed at all ??
It was one of those times I've seen DJ's playing the track off the album.
Also they needn't have bothered remixing Music either as I never heard anything in clubs apart from the LP version.
I thought Prince was the one who nixed Love Song as A Single 'coz he said you need to leave Something on The Album for a reason to buy it ???
Don't Stop SHOULD have been an A-Side - I think it's one of her g r o o v iest ever !

That was sooo fascinating to read! Thank you BITCH I'M MADONNA for your dedication and hard work!

All these "parallel universe" storylines that could have been... :broken:

Madonna: To this day, I still believe that Think of Me could have been an 80s classic... It wasn't given the slightest bit of justice...

LAV: I'm extremely satisfied with the final single choices, but I do wish Stay had received some attention as well...

TB: I think Where's the Party had such single potential and would have been perfect as the final single off TB.

LAP: To me Spanish Eyes sounds like a classic and could have been HUGE. Such a waste they didn't release it.

Erotica: I am quite satisfied with the single choices... Thief of Hearts & Why's it so Hard would have been interesting additions, but let's be grateful with what we got...

BS: Forbidden Love HAD to be a single! Radio friendly, rhythmic, yet subtle and soulful. The world simply NEEDS to know at least ONE of the two... :suffer:

ROL: Between Sky Fits Heaven & Skin, I think Skin would have been perfect as a single, not necessarily the final one, somewhere in the middle. Ideally, a radio edit, lol! It's my no.1 song on ROL.

Music: I will NEVER shut up about Impressive Instant not getting the single treatment. Fuck you Warner, trust your artists' visions... Another potential Madonna classic hit that never took off...

AL: I LOVE Mother & Father. It's catchy, radio-friendly, but also emotional and experimental. It would have done well on the charts, I'm sure. Plus, the Re-Invention Tour performance is one of my top Vocal moments by M. Always moves me...

COADF: SO MANY potential hits! LET IT WILL BE, ISAAC, HOW HIGH, LIKE IT OR NOT... They should have made the best out of this album, considering her success & popularity at that time. 

HC: Honestly, I'm not mad about the label choosing 4 minutes over Candy Shop... Its sounds more like a classic hit, plus they knew that JT's feature would help boost sales & appeal to more listeners. However, I do wish she had also released either She's Not Me, Beat Goes on, DWRY or Heartbeat as a single / singles, as well.

MDNA: Masterpiece should have been the 4th & final OFFICIAL SINGLE. THAT SONG WAS ADORN BY EVERY-FUCKING-ONE. PERIOD.

RH: It makes ZERO sense to release a 20-track album and only promote 3 songs... Rebel Heart had so many single-worthy choices... Joan of Arc, Devil Pray, Unapologetic Bitch, Rebel Heart, Wash All Over me, Addicted, Borrowed Time... sigh...

Let's hope there are NO REGRETS with regard to the single choices off MAGIC... And let's pray they release MORE than 3 singles this time... M did say on IG that thanks to MDNA SKIN Sales she will be able to record more videos for her album, right?