Madonna's Evolution

Luiz Ribeiro

Do you also feel an evolutionary ABYSS between the Madonna of Blond / Girlie and the Madonna of DWT onwards? These off-stage years seem to separate TWO completely different people. The voice changed, became more serious, more sophisticated but with less breath. The way to do touring too. The songs seem to have gone from something basic to something completely sophisticated and produced, more mature.
For me, there are two GREAT Madonnas ..... but with different things to show. But they certainly do not look like the same woman.
Every time I listen to some HR music, for example, I can not IMAGINE Madonna Blond ambition singing that song, like Joan of Arc

Of course you voice in your 40s is different than your younger voice. It's difficult to reach certain notes. Still  I really like the deep sound of Madonna's adult voice.

But what changed was the musical direction, unfortunately. We witnessed great arrangements in DWT, RIT and CT. But the great musical quality of WTGT and GS will always be missed.

Yesterday I saw the streaming of the Yokohama BAT and in Oh father Nicki and Donna provide excellent backing vocals. Now it's terrible to hear those album vocals and people almost pretending to play.

2 hours ago, Enrico said:

Of course you voice in your 40s is different than your younger voice. It's difficult to reach certain notes. Still  I really like the deep sound of Madonna's adult voice.

But what changed was the musical direction, unfortunately. We witnessed great arrangements in DWT, RIT and CT. But the great musical quality of WTGT and GS will always be missed.

Yesterday I saw the streaming of the Yokohama BAT and in Oh father Nicki and Donna provide excellent backing vocals. Now it's terrible to hear those album vocals and people almost pretending to play.

One thing that I can not assimilate to the Madonna of the 80's is the elegance of "love do not live here anymore" being in the LAV. It seems that a Madonna of the future went there and recorded for the old Madonna. We know it's a re-recording, but that's not the point, it's the richness in production.

I see her career in stages also:

1982-88: Making her mark: brash pop star, simple, fun pop songs, lots of image changes, amazing videos and performances. Successful in every way.

1989-96: Groundbreaking: More edgy songs/videos and more controversy, less commercial than the 80s songs but more 'artistic' and interesting. Less popular but still successful and ahead of the game in terms of live performance, trends and videos.

1997-04: Songwriter: Mature artist, less 'showy' performances, more focus on the songwriting, singing and musicality. Taken seriously as a musical artist.

2004-06: Back to basics: Re-connection to her pop roots, less serious but still mature.

2008- Wilderness?: Back to simple pop songs, no real clear messages, less songwriting, few image changes, voice reverts back to pre-LAP 'pop' voice, struggle to find her place in the current music landscape, viewed as a trend-chaser...? 

1 hour ago, rlittler81 said:

I see her career in stages also:

1982-88: Making her mark: brash pop star, simple, fun pop songs, lots of image changes, amazing videos and performances. Successful in every way.

1989-96: Groundbreaking: More edgy songs/videos and more controversy, less commercial than the 80s songs but more 'artistic' and interesting. Less popular but still successful and ahead of the game in terms of live performance, trends and videos.

1997-04: Songwriter: Mature artist, less 'showy' performances, more focus on the songwriting, singing and musicality. Taken seriously as a musical artist.

2004-06: Back to basics: Re-connection to her pop roots, less serious but still mature.

2008- Wilderness?: Back to simple pop songs, no real clear messages, less songwriting, few image changes, voice reverts back to pre-LAP 'pop' voice, struggle to find her place in the current music landscape, viewed as a trend-chaser...? 

Perfect, but even now, i can't see in my mind the "Blond Ambition" madonna singing Inside Out for example or Miles Away