Ranking the Tracks: True Blue

anel_

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

A groundbreaking album in it's own right. 

Worst to Best:

9. Jimmy Jimmy

8. Where's The Party

7. Love Makes The World Go Round

6. Liv To Tell

5. White Heat

4. True Blue

3. Open Your Heart

2. Papa Don't Preach

1. La Isla Bonita

Was hard to choose the "worse ones" this time.

1. Open Your Heart
2. Papa Don't Preach
3. True Blue
4. Live To Tell
5. White Heat
6. La Isla Bonita
7. Where's The Party

8) In my mind "Jimmy Jimmy" and "Love Makes The World Go Around" are the same song. 

(it would be awesome to have a TRUE BLUE. 2.0 that includes her 4 songs of "Who's that girl")

• 8 months later...

It's difficult because it's that one of my favorites albums and all the songs was very good. Here's the rank:

1.Open Your Heart (My Favorite with Hung Up and Frozen, i was a fan of this song and i love the dancing sound, A masterpiece. The music video was sexy and very incredible and was today influencals many artist like Jennifer Lopez and Christina Aguilera)

2. Where the Party (Another masterpiece, i love the influences dance/pop and the joyful of this song, this song make me joyful after each listen)

3. La Isla Bonita (I'm a huge fan of this song, the lyrics was a great influence of the San Pedro and a great Pop song with latino influence. The music video was also beautiful and i'm a fan of his Corrida red dress in the music video.)

4. Live to Tell (One of the best ballad of his career. This ballad help him to make a risk in this career, after many dance pop like Material Girl and Bordeline. This song help him to touch a more adulte public and help this album to up rapidly in the charts)

5. True Blue (A another excellent sound 60's influences, the lyrics was very sweets and the music video was a very good hommsge of the 60's period, A very good sound and good chorus)

6. Jimmy Jimmy (I like the ambiance, the lyrics and love the style used of the song, the repeat ''Jimmy, Jimmy'' was one of my favorites part of this song).

7. Papa don't Preach (Another very good song and also i like the lyrics and music of the song. I like the classicals influences in the intro of the song, The music video was also incredible with the history help to tell the story of the song)

8. Love makes the world goes Around (Not exceptionnal like Where's the party or True Blue, but a good song, with a joyful music sound and a great chorus)

9. White Heat (A good song, with many lyrics with hommage of the 1949 movie, the music of a good listen after each listen, but not have the punch of other songs of the album. Depiste the lack of punch of the others songs, this has been a good song)

Guest Nobody Knows Me

1. Live To Tell (favourite)

2. Papa Don’t Preach

3. Open Your Heart

4. La Isla Bonita 

5. White Heat

6. True Blue

7. Where’s The Party

8. Love Makes The World Go Round

9. Jimmy Jimmy