Something important essential part is missing in Madonna's current music videos.

Madame Madonna

OK, here is what I want to talking about.

I feel like something very important essential part is missing in Madonna's current music videos.

Something very star quality movement which make you wanna watch it over and over again.

for example

giphy.gifImage result for madonna justify my love gif

Image result for madonna justify my love gifImage result for madonna justify my love gifImage result for madonna vogue gif

These are just very few small example.

She didn't hurry.

She just move slowly but these little movements are very dramatic, very theatrical, very edge, so much golden era hollywood style and very interesting.

So these movements makes you wanna replay and watch that moment over and over again.

(And not just her movement, camera angle and camera movement was perfection so it makes her movement very dramatic and very theatrical)

Her past music videos has these essential star quality movements.

But I feel like her current music videos are missing these quality.

I feel like she is too much hurry in her movement like a rabbit and the camera angles are feel like just for photoshoot and most importantly I can't feel any theatrical dramatic moment from her current music videos.

So I wondering what is you guys think that what is missing her current music videos?

In first place I think those examples comes from a period of time where Madonna was beginning to explore all the sexuality theme, so they are very particular and specific movements, very sensual, very Madonna. But I agree, in my opinion those years have the most iconic music videos ever (Like a Prayer, Express Yourself, Vogue, Justify My Love). She was very theatrical and the visuals very clear, glamorous, excentric, fabolous. 
I think the period from 89 to 98 is her best time. Musically and visually. And of course this iconic level makes you wanna watch the music videos again and again, and never get tired.
From 2000 till now I think her music videos became a little lower, in terms of quality (compared with the previous ones, of course), some of them are okay, fun, nice, but I don't see one great video (maybe the original American Life, but because it was a very strong message, with much impact).
I know she's capable to do another great and iconic video, but she needs to find a great director with whom to share and discuss ideas. And please please please, find a new editor, Danny Tull has been editing almost everything she did the last couple of years and in my opinion is a disaster... In particular the edition of tours, that became unwatchable for me. Anyway, an example with recent videos, Living for Love, the material wasn't bad, but the edition ruined the video in my opinion. The super saturated colors, very overexposed whites, very high contrast and bad montage. They need to take very seriously the edition.

1 hour ago, brazilfan said:

So I wondering what is you guys think that what is missing her current music videos?

Madonna is missing from her current music videos.

It used to be the prime vehicle to showcase a song but now millions can stream instantly and watch on YouTube. Videos don't mean what they used to.

Plus, having many kids means she doesn't have the time or energy like she used to.

The last true Madonna video? American Life...

Living For Love should have been so much bigger, the last video I thought had some artistry in it.

Blame the quality of the music. i'm not hating on modern madonna cause she can still make some good songs (but everyone chooses to focus on the bad ones), but they just don't call for that classic Madonna vibe. Her videos are just bonuses now for her fans, so ofc not much effort is gonna be put in. I feel like the star power and energy started fading around the Hard Candy era. Celebration was just... Afterwards with the MDNA era the effort just died. I really don't care though since music videos are just so irrelevant now

You can't force to people just suck your nobody ass. if you don't like topic then S your mouth up then just move on. I mean you're the only one spreading negativity in here. We are discuss with very constructive and artistic topic And you're the only one spreading negativity just because you don't like topic and you can't handle it with your narrow minded small head. Please Do not spread your negativity in my constructive topic. Just go away.

:Madonna008:

4 hours ago, lucasciccone said:

In first place I think those examples comes from a period of time where Madonna was beginning to explore all the sexuality theme, so they are very particular and specific movements, very sensual, very Madonna. But I agree, in my opinion those years have the most iconic music videos ever (Like a Prayer, Express Yourself, Vogue, Justify My Love). She was very theatrical and the visuals very clear, glamorous, excentric, fabolous. 
I think the period from 89 to 98 is her best time. Musically and visually. And of course this iconic level makes you wanna watch the music videos again and again, and never get tired.
From 2000 till now I think her music videos became a little lower, in terms of quality (compared with the previous ones, of course), some of them are okay, fun, nice, but I don't see one great video (maybe the original American Life, but because it was a very strong message, with much impact).
I know she's capable to do another great and iconic video, but she needs to find a great director with whom to share and discuss ideas. And please please please, find a new editor, Danny Tull has been editing almost everything she did the last couple of years and in my opinion is a disaster... In particular the edition of tours, that became unwatchable for me. Anyway, an example with recent videos, Living for Love, the material wasn't bad, but the edition ruined the video in my opinion. The super saturated colors, very overexposed whites, very high contrast and bad montage. They need to take very seriously the edition.

Most part I really agree with your opinion!! Very well said! Thank you!:thumbsup::heart:

Especially this part I couldn't agree more!!:clapp:

"I know she's capable to do another great and iconic video, but she needs to find a great director with whom to share and discuss ideas. And please please please, find a new editor, Danny Tull has been editing almost everything she did the last couple of years and in my opinion is a disaster..."

But one thing, very small part I disagree with yours. it is this part.

"those examples comes from a period of time where Madonna was beginning to explore all the sexuality theme." 

Yeah I choose examples with Justify my love music video. But I don't think Madonna's very star quality movement in there just because it is sexuality theme.

I mean she also made Justify my love video for MDNA tour.

I know that it is not official music video. But it is same song and same black and white style and same very sexuality theme.

But I just can't find single star quality movement from that MDNA tour justify my love video.

Camera angle was all wrong, editing was wrong. I just..sigh.

I mean.. maybe she still has these star quality movement but maybe real problem is director. sigh. 

17 minutes ago, brazilfan said:

You can't force to people just suck your nobody ass. if you don't like topic then S your mouth up then just move on.

So elegant, so polite of u. What a well educated person u must be. This really shows ur real persona. Go on with ur negative way of life then, enjoy it!!! ?????

4 hours ago, anaglyphx said:

Madonna is missing from her current music videos.

It used to be the prime vehicle to showcase a song but now millions can stream instantly and watch on YouTube. Videos don't mean what they used to.

Plus, having many kids means she doesn't have the time or energy like she used to.

The last true Madonna video? American Life...

Living For Love should have been so much bigger, the last video I thought had some artistry in it.

I get that what are you trying to talking about and some part I agree with it

But Yeah I also know that MTV music video era is gone But we are in Youtube music video era! 

And I think that it is more powerful platform then MTV in my opinion.

So I just don't understand her lack of passion for making great music videos.

6 minutes ago, Frank said:

Do you even know me? Go on with ur fabulous topic.

oh, Real question is "Do people even want to know someone like you? " :Madonna003:

Yeah. We will. And You can easily find out that you're the only one spreading negativity in this topic.

I mean we are talking about Music video and you're the one trying to insulting the other people with your narrow minded. 

3 hours ago, girlgonewild said:

Blame the quality of the music. i'm not hating on modern madonna cause she can still make some good songs (but everyone chooses to focus on the bad ones), but they just don't call for that classic Madonna vibe. Her videos are just bonuses now for her fans, so ofc not much effort is gonna be put in. I feel like the star power and energy started fading around the Hard Candy era. Celebration was just... Afterwards with the MDNA era the effort just died. I really don't care though since music videos are just so irrelevant now

Very interesting opinion. Some part I really agree with. especially that Celebration music video. I just even... sigh..

But I really curious about Do you really think that music videos are really irrelevant now?

what I'm trying to saying is if interesting enough to watch then that music videos views goes to easily over billions.

That means young generations are still want to see interesting and great music videos!

26 minutes ago, 12inch said:

Yes, you are in one of her recent concert videos in an audience shot. (Love that part with you singing along)

I'm laughing so hard with this comment. I really like your sense of humor! i mean... LOL That poor thing. lol

That poor thing will never can't get that why people are laughing at this.

:Madonna031:

Well, it is kind of disappointing because Madonna was one of the first artist to fully understand the importance of music videos. Especially since the streaming era took over, people do not care that much about  the singles cover artwork and the music video is the main way to impact the listener and make the song become a hit. 

It is undeniable that since the Confessions era the quality of Madonna music videos has plunged.

I mean, both Hung Up and Sorry are not my cup of tea mainly cuz I don't like her hairstyle and dance moves, but Get Together and Jump are simply very lazy videos. Get Together is arguably her worst mv ever and it sucked the life out of that song . Meanwhile, Jump was filmed in a hurry in Japan cuz she was there in tour. Similarly, Turn Up The Radio was filmed in a hurry in Italy in the middle of the MDNA tour and Miles Away mv was just the live performance recycled. Finally, Give All Your Luvin was more like a promo for the Super Bowl performance; while Living for Love was released only 4 days before the Grammys performance and it was all about Madonna in a stage doing the same choreography that she was about to do at the Grammys. Not to mention that she even misspelled the name of Nietzsche!

To sum up, I think what it is missing is Madonna's focus on the music videos rather than the live performance of the song. 

Touring has become more and more important to the point that she started putting more effort in the tour's backdrop videos rather than the actual music videos. We got really good backdrop videos like Iconic, Nobody Knows Me and Get Stupid :Madonna001:

1 hour ago, brazilfan said:

I'm laughing so hard with this comment. I really like your sense of humor! i mean... LOL That poor thing. lol

That poor thing will never can't get that why people are laughing at this.

:Madonna031:

Do not bully people under any circumstances. You have a warning.

32 minutes ago, Fighter said:

Do not bully people under any circumstances. You have a warning.

Oh forget about that thing! It is not important. :Madonna009:

Important thing is "Want" Music video.!

It is so sexy! I'm really glad to know you like it! 

He is such a unique figure. That unique dance movement and voice. sigh.:Madonna041:

52 minutes ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

Well, it is kind of disappointing because Madonna was one of the first artist to fully understand the importance of music videos. Especially since the streaming era took over, people do not care that much about  the singles cover artwork and the music video is the main way to impact the listener and make the song become a hit. 

It is undeniable that since the Confessions era the quality of Madonna music videos has plunged.

I mean, both Hung Up and Sorry are not my cup of tea mainly cuz I don't like her hairstyle and dance moves, but Get Together and Jump are simply very lazy videos. Get Together is arguably her worst mv ever and it sucked the life out of that song . Meanwhile, Jump was filmed in a hurry in Japan cuz she was there in tour. Similarly, Turn Up The Radio was filmed in a hurry in Italy in the middle of the MDNA tour and Miles Away mv was just the live performance recycled. Finally, Give All Your Luvin was more like a promo for the Super Bowl performance; while Living for Love was released only 4 days before the Grammys performance and it was all about Madonna in a stage doing the same choreography that she was about to do at the Grammys. Not to mention that she even misspelled the name of Nietzsche!

To sum up, I think what it is missing is Madonna's focus on the music videos rather than the live performance of the song. 

Touring has become more and more important to the point that she started putting more effort in the tour's backdrop videos rather than the actual music videos. We got really good backdrop videos like Iconic, Nobody Knows Me and Get Stupid :Madonna001:

I mean, both Hung Up and Sorry are not my cup of tea mainly cuz I don't like her hairstyle and dance moves, but Get Together and Jump are simply very lazy videos. Get Together is arguably her worst mv ever and it sucked the life out of that song . Meanwhile, Jump was filmed in a hurry in Japan cuz she was there in tour. Similarly, Turn Up The Radio was filmed in a hurry in Italy in the middle of the MDNA tour and Miles Away mv was just the live performance recycled.

This!!!! OMG.

I'm shocked! 100%... not even a 99%! 1000000000000000% same thought of my mind!

17 minutes ago, Fighter said:

It is important if you dont want to be banned. 

Of course~  who want to be banned? Do not worry about it. I will not say it again.

I mean I already did said it and many people read it and be satisfied with it, So I already got what I want.:Madonna031:

So I gladly get that warning. And I will leave it there~ And be careful about warning from now on.

I'm not even interest it anymore. Period. back on the topic please.

:Madonna036:

20 minutes ago, brazilfan said:

Of course~  who want to be banned? Do not worry about it. I will not say it again.

I mean I already did said it and many people read it and be satisfied with it, So I already got what I want.:Madonna031:

If you’re going to continue laughing at people I will ban you. You are also laughing at me and the staff by responding like this to our request. Cool it.