SgtConstable

What is your one most prized Madonna item? Valuable or Sentimental

I have a couple of autographed photos which I love.

Vinyl wise the Celebration LP was probably the most expensive purchase for me as well.

I've just bought a 1986 copy of the New Zealand release of True Blue on translucent blue vinyl which is currently making it's way across the globe to me. I have a real weakness for coloured vinyl and I'm proud of it.

m2.jpg

4 minutes ago, rescueme said:

Vinyl wise the Celebration LP was probably the most expensive purchase for me as well.

I've just bought a 1986 copy of the New Zealand release of True Blue on translucent blue vinyl which is currently making it's way across the globe to me. I have a real weakness for coloured vinyl and I'm proud of it.

m2.jpg

I think we are definitely on the same page when it comes to Madonna vinyl.

I'm currently waiting for the French Oh Father 7". It's probably closer to you right now while it makes it way to Texas.

22 minutes ago, rescueme said:

I've held off collecting 7'' vinyl aside from the picture discs but the Oh Father single and Open Your Heart will definitely be making their way to the collection

I like the differences of many French 7". I have the Open Your Heart and Look of Love.  I'm staring to look for some of the other unique ones France offers.

That's pretty much where my 7" collecting ends, however, if I see any 7" for a couple bucks at stores I always get it even if I already have it.

Probably the most expensive are the Japan Singles Collection and the Celebration box set with pop-up. Or even the Italian Over and Over 7''.

But if I have to choose sentimentally, I love my first vinyl of Like a prayer, with its patchouli scent.

Or the Japan La Isla Bonita cd: I bought it before owing a cd player, because it featured Gambler and Crazy for you: not easy to get at the time. For the same reason I really love a cd of all the Emmy songs, which I paid a fortune (180000 lire = 110 euros or more!), but it was the first time I could put my hands on those songs in their full glory. That was long before internet was born!

And also the bootleg "Sexual Exposure": it was so expensive at the time that I had to pay on instalments!

image.png.98a979ed37fa1179dff2e751163fcd10.png

I really wish I had an autographed record now!

2 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Probably the most expensive are the Japan Singles Collection and the Celebration box set with pop-up. Or even the Italian Over and Over 7''.

But if I have to choose sentimentally, I love my first vinyl of Like a prayer, with its patchouli scent.

Or the Japan La Isla Bonita cd: I bought it before owing a cd player, because it featured Gambler and Crazy for you: not easy to get at the time. For the same reason I really love a cd of all the Emmy songs, which I paid a fortune (180000 lire = 110 euros or more!), but it was the first time I could put my hands on those songs in their full glory. That was long before internet was born!

And also the bootleg "Sexual Exposure": it was so expensive at the time that I had to pay on instalments!

Oh wow! I got the CD Sexual Exposure back in 1991 I believe. It's the London show if I remember correctly.  It seemed so weird at the time to hear another stop on the BA tour.  Somehow in my young mind I thought each stop of her tour would have different songs or arrangements.  That might be true with some bands but it was a learning moment.

I must have got a good deal on mine back then because I remembered it cost $30 because I saved my allowance for 3 weeks straight and my mom was nice enough to pay the shipping. Good times.

1 hour ago, SgtConstable said:

The Madonna collectable that is worth the most money would be the value part. Sometimes the sentimental one isn't as valuable money wise.

I know what "sentimental" and "valued" mean  -- I'm not stupid. Obviously you're missing my point so I'm gonna leave it with that. :Madonna030:

2 hours ago, Enrico said:

Thats a great cd but i hated the fact the audio wasn't the correct speed so i got the correct speed one called Causing A Commotion

My signed copy of Nobody Knows Me from ICON. More special because I can see the indent where the post-it note was on it, where someone (Caresse?) wrote "For ICON. Just sign".

Sentimental? Probably The Immaculate Collection on cassette as it's the first M album I bought and it started my fandom.

21 hours ago, rescueme said:

m2.jpg

I know it sucks and yoh would prefer not to hear this, but that is 100% not an authentic autograph (sorry). Hope you didnt pay too much for it. 

Took me a while before I realised I was personally buying fake autographs at the beginning, especially Caresse ones.

I can actually sign her autograph these days which was important for me to distinguish the real from the fake.

I have over 30 autographs by Madonna (after wasting money of 5 fake ones at the beginning).

Probably the most expensive item I have is a handwritten letter to Dennis Rodman (bought 10 years ago from Sotherbys) about $5,000. 

My stuff is all over my house I can't even remember what else I have as there are so many boxes but I know I have:

- the LAP promo boxset (the first boxset ever released by M and a promo)

- the sex book itinerary booklet (her own personal copy too with her name on it)

- her personal copy of the blond ambition tour itinerary that she you can see her holding in Truth and Dare with her name on it for the USA leg

- the celebration promo popup boxset 

- the counterfeit erotica wooden boxset and gross tacky erotica "sexy" boxset

- all the tour itineraries except Rebel Heart (including her first tour)

- signed check

- numerous other personal letters to Melissa Crowe her personal assistant and other people during that storage locker disaster for her 

To be honest there are too many to name, as the collection got a bit crazy over the years.

Should probably insure it all as they are mainly an investment. 

20190301_231840.jpg

20190301_231635.jpg

20190301_231407.jpg

20190301_231226.jpg

20190301_231241.jpg

20190301_231318.jpg

1 hour ago, Eyzonme said:

I have over 30 autographs by Madonna (after wasting money of 5 fake ones at the beginning).

Probably the most expensive item I have is a handwritten letter to Dennis Rodman (bought 10 years ago from Sotherbys) about $5,000. 

My stuff is all over my house I can't even remember what else I have as there are so many boxes but I know I have:

- the LAP promo boxset (the first boxset ever released by M and a promo)

- the sex book itinerary booklet (her own personal copy too with her name on it)

- her personal copy of the blond ambition tour itinerary that she you can see her holding in Truth and Dare with her name on it for the USA leg

- the celebration promo popup boxset 

- the counterfeit erotica wooden boxset and gross tacky erotica "sexy" boxset

- all the tour itineraries except Rebel Heart (including her first tour)

- signed check

- numerous other personal letters to Melissa Crowe her personal assistant and other people during that storage locker disaster for her 

To be honest there are too many to name, as the collection got a bit crazy over the years.

Should probably insure it all as they are mainly an investment. 

20190301_231840.jpg

20190301_231635.jpg

20190301_231407.jpg

20190301_231226.jpg

20190301_231241.jpg

20190301_231318.jpg

Absolutely impressive! You have the makings of a Madonna museum!

16 minutes ago, SgtConstable said:

Absolutely impressive! You have the makings of a Madonna museum

Lol. To be honest I stopped buying things because everything remained in boxes and I got a mortgage now ? 

I should probably sell some stuff now, especially the personalised autographs - hell I don't know anyone called Martha, Bill or Lauren.

If anyone ever finds an autograph address to Damian please let me know